IGNORED

vokey wedges... black nickel vs. chrome

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

does anyone know the difference? i assume it is more than just aesthestics
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

does anyone know the difference? i assume it is more than just aesthestics

Nope. Just aesthetics. You can get just about any loft/bounce combination on any of the wedges in any finish.

They are also available in raw.

Yup, just the look. I got mine in black nickel. They look sooooo cool!

Can you post a picture of the black nickel? I have wanted to see them other than the "generic" pictures.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Can you post a picture of the black nickel? I have wanted to see them other than the "generic" pictures.

I don't have a pic of mine in particular but there are plenty of pics around the 'net. But I would recommend checking them out in person. There is somthing lost with pictures that you get seeing them in person.

I went with the Oil Can finish, I love the look, but of those two, i'd go with the black nickel for two reasons. I like it better, Im not a fan of chrome, even on my Harley. And You'll never get a glare off it when your facing into the sun at address.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I like the chrome. Its more of a comfort issue with me. For some reason its easier for me to hit. Sounds funny but its the truth. Prolly a mental thing.

I personally prefer chrome. Chrome is a protective finish, so that clubs wont rust as easily and the grooves wont wear down as quickly.
I dont have any problems with glare, even while hitting open-faced shots. If the price were the same for either, Id go with chrome every time.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!