IGNORED

Crowne Plaza Invitational

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good Playoff!

Congrats to Stricker !.....what a Bad Ass!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Man, how good is Stricker? Best player not to have won a major?

Golf, like the measles, should be caught young, for, if postponed to riper years, the results may be serious. ~P.G. Wodehouse

Way to go Stricker!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Clark did hit an incredible shot on 17 in the playoff but it just wasn't his time. Clark really lost it on 18 during regulation when he couldn't find the fairway.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Stricker played great. I agree with who said he is the best player to have not won a major.
But I think Clark did choke on the first hole of the playoff on the short putt.
Oh well it happens.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Clark will be back, Too much talent to let that stop him.

Golf, like the measles, should be caught young, for, if postponed to riper years, the results may be serious. ~P.G. Wodehouse

• Administrator
Man, how good is Stricker? Best player not to have won a major?

Wha?!?!? Did you not see the many, many putts he missed coming down the stretch?

Guy should have/could have won by three, and instead had to do it in a playoff where his opponent missed a relatively easy birdie putt. Stricker's good, but c'mon...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stricker plays about the most boring brand of golf possible IMHO, and I have a very hard time rooting for a guy like that.

Yes i agree....that shot when he stuck it within 8 feet to win was boring.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Yes i agree....that shot when he stuck it within 8 feet to win was boring.

It would have been better TV if he sliced his drive into a tree and then tried a ridiculous recovery shot which somehow worked, and then drained a 15 footer while some kid did a cannonball into the green-side pond.

My impression of Stricker is - good skills, nice guy but probably too nice. He has never shown the toughness to stand up to game's heavyweights in a fight to the finish. If he could develop a true competitive streak, I think he could be really good, but I think odds are against it happening at this stage.

I like Clark, one of the most unathletic looking good players out there. Very surprised he missed that winning putt on 18. Hitting the pin on 17 - remarkable bad luck.

I don't know how much of the pink shirts was due to PGA pressure or genuinely felt by the players, but it was a nice touch and made me think these guys are pretty decent people.

It was tough to watch Stricker almost hand it to them.

Clark hit it great this week........chalk up another good ball striking day for a S&T; guy. I wish he had of made a putt coming down the stretch.

It was tough to watch Stricker almost hand it to them.

ye because he didnt make the putt on 17 in regulation play!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Stricker is the most consistent player on tour period. He just doesn't have it and at his age he won't develop it. Great player minus the "gene".

I was so heartbroken for Clark. He came up so big hitting that shot into 17 in the playoff, and he was not rewarded. Terrible luck.

But its completely inexcusable to leave that putt as short as he did on 18. Getting nervous and pulling a putt the fraction that he pulled it in the playoff is tough, but not giving it a chance on 18 was a massive mental mistake.

That guy is so freeking talented though, I'm pulling for him to keep it up.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Exciting finish, but nothing to top Phil's up and down over the tree last year.

The only unluckier approach shot on the last hole I can recall is when Charles Howell's ball pitched into the hole on the 18th (Sunday, Buick Invitational a few years ago), bounced out and rolled off the green into the water. Tiger won.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!