IGNORED

ever seen a one armed golfer?

Voiceontapex
Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw a one armed golfer on the course the other day and he was hitting the ball farther and straighter than i was, Kinda made me a little sad inside lol

ever seen anyone like this on the course?

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

there's a guy that plays out at my home course. He lost his right arm, and absolutely crushes the ball off the tee with his left. I give mad props to the guy for staying with the game and making the necessary adjustments he needed to in order to remain a player.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

I know 2 guys. One has prosthetic legs and was one of the top golfers in TN. THe other has one arm and one leg and plays pretty descent considering.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is a guy that plays in the league that tees off before us who is missing his left arm. I've seen others play with a prosthetic leg as well. It goes to show that the love of the game often transcends physical limitations. Now if I can only get over my mental limitations.

- Shane

How in the world can somebody hit a golf ball with one arm and manage to hit it far??
I think it needs A LOT of training.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

I have played with a one armed man and it is impressive. I practice hitting one arm wedge shots for fun and it isn't that easy. I can do it pretty well with my left arm but with my right it is really ugly. I can hit a pitching wedge about 80 yards with my left and pretty straight off a tee.

I would still play if I lost my right arm. I bet I could break 90 with some practice and a reasonable golf course in length. Tons of respect for those who enjoy this crazy game regardless of a disability.

Brian

How in the world can somebody hit a golf ball with one arm and manage to hit it far??

Necessity is the mother of all invention.

...or something like that.

- Shane

Absolutely yes. I knew a guy at my home course years ago who suffered a stroke in his late 50's and lost all use of his right arm. He played very well and although he didn't hit it far, he hit it very straight and had a good short game.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

My girlfriend's stepdad had problems with his wrist and had to stop playing all last summer. He injured it again skiing in the winter, then had surgery and had his cast on. On opening day he went out and played one handed and actually did really good after a couple holes or so. I was very impressed.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I saw a one armed golfer on the course the other day and he was hitting the ball farther and straighter than i was, Kinda made me a little sad inside lol

Haven't you heard of Jack Newton?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Iron Byron has just the one arm.

I knew of a guy years ago that had a deformed right arm-he wore a sling and swung left arm only. Not long but accurate. And with very few adjustments for balance, he had a great swing. He struggled with long rough and bunkers, but otherwise had a pretty solid game.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Good freind of mine, is paralized from the waiste down, and carries a 15handicap... Not one armed but a great achievment.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

If you trained like this guy

http://www.cnn.com/services/opk/lbl/...L.Karlsen2.jpg you could hit it a mile LOL especially cause you only have to train 1 arm.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I just started taking lessons a few weeks ago, and my instructor hits it one handed to demonstrate some of the ideas he is teaching. He holds the club in his left hand and braces his forearm with his right hand.

He says he hit his driver 325 yards like that once several years ago.

There are so many, they have their own club. These guys are amazing!!!

I just started taking lessons a few weeks ago, and my instructor hits it one handed to demonstrate some of the ideas he is teaching. He holds the club in his left hand and braces his forearm with his right hand.

325 yards with one arm??

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!