IGNORED

Worst balls you've played?

Note: This thread is 5367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, Maxfli balls all tend to suck. I really like the Dunlop DDH distance balls. They are cheap and have low spin, something a high handicapper like me needs. The tend to fly pretty far too. The only Maxfli product I like is their bags. I love my Maxfli Cart bag, but thats where it ends.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

I agree Maxfli's are the worst, especially the Noodles.

In my midsize staff bag:

Diablo 9deg Draw Driver - Aldila NVS Reg Flex
Diablo 13 deg Draw 3 Wood - Aldila NVS Reg Flex
Slingshot Tour 2 Hybrid Slingshot Tour 3 Hybrid AP1 4 Iron through Gap wedge - Nippon NS Pro 100 Reg Flex Shafts - Golf Pride MC Decade Red Grips Vokey Spin Milled 56/10 Sand Wedge

Some top flite balls i found in the putting green of a golf store. Made every putter have a godawful feel

In the bag:

Driver: R9 460
Fairway Woods:FT 3 Wood, Burner 5 Wood
Irons: R7 DrawWedges: 56 sand, Bob Vokey Spin-Milled 60 LobPutter: DetourBall: NXT Extreme

It's a tie between the Top-Flite D2 and the Nike Ignite. I really hate both of them.

I found a Titleist Pro V1 and a NXT - Tour on my round yesterday. I really liked the NXT Tour until it got wet when I pushed a wedge shot right. It had great distance and good spin. The Pro V1 is amazing (obviously) but I'm not comfortable with my game enough to hit around a five dollar golf ball.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Its a mental thing (I think) but any top flight, Id rather throw them in a pond then hit them.

I found a BetaTi yesterday, was semi drunk and didnt want to loose any balls so I played with that. HAHAHA, yeah pile o' crap, but what ever better than losing a $4-5 ball when your not trying to play that serious.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

im really quite surprized how many people hate top flight... haha i personally havent even given them a try, the fact that are dirt cheap is a good hint of the quality..

ill stick to my pro v1's ;)

In my Callaway stand bag:
R5 10.5*
4 Hybrid 22*
Burner 09 Irons 5-AW
Z groove 54* Z groove 58* 2 ball putter Pro-V1

A couple of years ago I bought two sleeves of balls that just said "Malibu" on them. (I assume they're promos for Malibu Rum, but there's no indication of who manufactured them.) They're so bad I don't even use them for practice. After a few hits the paint (yes, paint) started coming off.

Dunlop Loco+any iron or wedge=gigantic scuff mark.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

Any thoughts as to ball quality vs price? In other words, is it a case of you get what you pay for? My game is still pretty ragged, and I have not thought that ball choice would make a significant difference, so I have only played recycled balls. But when my current bag of recycles finally make their inevitable way to the lakes, I plan to settle on a single ball preference.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

So I'm a Ping fanatic, right?

About 20 years ago I bought a bunch of those Ping two-tone balls they used to keep in a jar on the counter of the pro-shop. But not just any of them - I pikced out all of the black and gold ones, thinking that was kinda cool.

So I go play that day and, not surprisingly, you cannot see these things once you hit them in the rough. Or the fairway. Or basically anywhere. I must have lost 10 of them in an 18 hole round.

Not to mention that they are hard as a rock, go nowehre, and feel like crap.

The End.

Callaway warbird

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Any thoughts as to ball quality vs price? In other words, is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Yes for awhile after playing many different kinds of balls I believe you get what you pay for.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Any thoughts as to ball quality vs price? In other words, is it a case of you get what you pay for? .

There are some balls that outperform others in the same price range--some of this will depend on your swing speed, handicap, and ball flight. (search for previous discussions)

The following is clearly my opinion. Best cheapest ball--Top Flite Feel also like the Srixon AD 333s Best cheaper ball--Top Flite Gamer Best cheap ball--Bridgestone e5+ (haven't played the new e7s) Best performance ball-Titliest ProV1 or ProV1x (search for previous discussions) I wouldn't spend the extra money on performance balls unless you are single digits or playing in a tournament or for cash.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Any thoughts as to ball quality vs price? In other words, is it a case of you get what you pay for? My game is still pretty ragged, and I have not thought that ball choice would make a significant difference, so I have only played recycled balls. But when my current bag of recycles finally make their inevitable way to the lakes, I plan to settle on a single ball preference.

A good ball for a cheap price is the Precept Laddie X. Two dozen for $20, I really like these balls and they are cheap.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

A good ball for a cheap price is the Precept Laddie X. Two dozen for $20, I really like these balls and they are cheap.

i'm also a fan of the laddie x but i would have to say that my favorite ball to play is the bridgestone e6+.

i would have to say that the worst ball i have played is an intech. i absolutely hate intech.

Note: This thread is 5367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!