IGNORED

Tiger equipment change for Memorial.

RichF
Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, maybe from the same stack, just not the exact shirt.

907D2 driver and 906D4 3 wood
Idea Pro Gold 3 4 5 hybrids
Apex Plus 6 7 8 9 E irons
900 52 gap 56 sand 60 lob wedges
Rossa Suzuka Putter

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email from Golf Galaxy today and this is what it said:

It's in Golf Galaxy's best interests to go along with Nike Golf stating what equipment Woods uses/used.

That flyer just looks like standard advertising.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Its implied he used VR irons in his win.

"tiger wins, shop his bag"

So I can go shop his bag? Hmmm. I doubt I would find VR irons. I just think its funny that they are pushing VR's while he isnt even using them. yes, he HAS used them, but not this week.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Meh I've heard Tigers using an old Ignite with a steel shaft painted to look like the dymo with a graphite shaft... I don't think many people actually know what he plays, what irons are behind the markings etc, it says Nike on them so why not assume its some sort of Nike blade? Tiger has never been one to change equipment so is going back his old irons when he is not playing up to his own standard really a big surprise?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I don't think many people actually know what he plays, what irons are behind the markings etc, it says Nike on them so why not assume its some sort of Nike blade?

I remember reading a few threads on this forum saying how his Titleist irons from years past were accually made by Miura and only looked like the Titleists... could it be the same with the Nikes? I'm just jazzing here... but I'll do a search for the specific thread.

Please, for the love of God, don't start the Miura/Tiger subject again. It's about like the 9/11 conspiracy theories. Nothing to back it up, just some guy that's "In the know". LOL.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Please, for the love of God, don't start the Miura/Tiger subject again. It's about like the 9/11 conspiracy theories. Nothing to back it up, just some guy that's "In the know". LOL.

lol, couldnt agree more.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

lol, it makes me giggle. I've heard it all, Last person told me that Nike paid Mizuno a ton of money to make non branded MP32's so they could stamp nike on them. Amung other things, like his Nike ball is really a ProV.

If anyone really thinks that Tiger plays with the same crap we buy off the shelves your crazy. Who cares who makes it, hes playing for millions of dollars for sponsers, all they care about is his image, performace, etc. They will let him play anything as long as he performs well and it has a nike logo on it. IMHO.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I remember reading a few threads on this forum saying how his Titleist irons from years past were accually made by Miura and only looked like the Titleists... could it be the same with the Nikes? I'm just jazzing here... but I'll do a search for the specific thread.

They are still Miura irons... just stamped with a Nike logo and a TW logo even though that he claims he plays the victory red irons. Believe me they're Miura

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Wow, that's a little crazy that it explicity says Muirfield to in the ad. He played blades that looked nothing like those, but I guess they are banking on the fact only people at the Memorial could see they were the old blades.

Gotta love Golf Proganda..

• Administrator
Wow, that's a little crazy that it explicity says Muirfield to in the ad. He played blades that looked nothing like those, but I guess they are banking on the fact only people at the Memorial could see they were the old blades.

C'mon now, define "nothing like." The stampings were different. Beyond that, you'd need to have both of them in your hands to spot the subtle differences.

I was there. I was within a few feet of his bag a few times. Tiger's played irons that look almost the same as the ones he's almost always played - a classic muscleback with the weight low and slightly arced up, just like the VRs. Just like the Titleist 680s. They're all really similar. They looked quite a bit like 'em.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm with the majority that I don't understand why people claim he plays anything but Nike clubs. Why would he? Why wouldn't Nike just make the clubs specifically to the feel he wants. Why would they go through the trouble of getting Miura irons or Titleist or Mizuno or whatever and putting their logo on it. Do you really think Nike doesn't have the money or the ability to produce a good club that Tiger can play with? Eh. I doubt it.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Well..

No dots, no red colors, no VR logos, no brushed metal look at the top portion MB of the club, these were all chrome and identical to the orginal Nike Blades, classic chrome, nothing but the black Swoosh, number and "T".

Very very different, otherwise, why would he switch in the first place right? Aesthetics are important as we know. He had won with VRs, but then again its Tiger, he could win with some hickory shafted mashies! It's really a moot point i guess. Heck, we may have rubbed shoulders at Muifield looking at his bag and didn't even know it.

lol, it makes me giggle. I've heard it all, Last person told me that Nike paid Mizuno a ton of money to make non branded MP32's so they could stamp nike on them. Amung other things, like his Nike ball is really a ProV.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything... but isn't it true that back in the day (I mean Nike Tour Accuracy - TW time) that Nike actually had Precept manufacture their balls? I thought I remembered hearing this forever ago. It was right around the time that some people got really upset that the ball Nike was marketing as "Tiger's ball" turned out to not actually be the exact one he was playing.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

They are still Miura irons... just stamped with a Nike logo and a TW logo even though that he claims he plays the victory red irons. Believe me they're Miura

The only way I would believe you is if you had a reference to back your statement.

I thought the Nike designer was the designer from back in the day when he used mizunos. Tom Stites I believe is his name.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I'm not saying that you are wrong but if that's the case why are there pics and videos of Tiger's irons being manufactured/designed at the Texas plant? Why is Nike paying Tom Sites to manufacture his clubs if they are being built by someone else? In any economy, it would be foolish and stupid to pay someone hundreds of thousands of dollars and allow that person to capatilize on a false notion: "I build Tiger's clubs."

Like I said, numerous articles have already discussed this. The Nike irons are not Miuras. As for the notion that he's using a re-stamped ProV, does it ever end? Same nonsense. Tiger's balls are designed specifically to his demands. The cover on his balls are different that what you can find are retail. Then again, so are Stewart Cink's. (This month's golf magazine speaks specifically about this).

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Why should we believe you? Where is the evidence? 10 years ago yes. Not now.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!