IGNORED

Courses in/near NYC

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently moved to NYC ( close to lower east side). I am looking for some decent golf courses around the area that are accessible by subway. Can any one help ? :)

Burner 10.5 *
Burner 15*
Rescue 19*
Voit V5 Hybrid 24*
MX-25 5-PW CG14 52*,56*,60* Ignite 002

La Tourette and Silver Lakes in Staten Island? Bit of a commute, but doable.

Added: I know you mentioned public transportation, but check out zipcar.com. It might be an option.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Van Cortland is at the end of the #1 train in the Bronx. It's a 5 minute walk into the park to the course.

Mosholu is a shorter 9 hole course with a good (for a muni) putting and chipping green. Take the #4 train to the end of the line in the Bronx.

Dyker Beach (Brooklyn)
R Train to 86th St. Then take the B64 Bus.

I forget which Staten Island courses are closer to the ferry, but they are pretty nice, IMHO.

You could also take the LIRR to Bethpage and take a local cab or walk.

Pretty much every muni around here takes longer to play than almost anywhere else.
Rounds that take 5-6 hours is unfortunately, quite normal.
In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T 10.5º
3-Wood: Titleist 904F 15º
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20ºIrons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-60GW: Mizuno MP T 51ºSW: Mizuno MP T 56ºLW: Mizuno MP T 60ºPutter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Always good to see fellow NYers on the forum!

I play Vanny and Mosholu the most and those are probably the easiest to get to by public transportation. Only problem is - you live on the LES. I would check out the courses in Queens like Clearview or Brooklyn like Dyker beach.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Nice Vanny and Mosholu seem to be the closest, I will check them out.

Burner 10.5 *
Burner 15*
Rescue 19*
Voit V5 Hybrid 24*

Nice Vanny and Mosholu seem to be the closest, I will check them out.

dont expect a quick round though

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

A short trip on the LIRR and a short cab ride from the station would take you to my home course, it's public and plenty challenging:

http://www.harborlinks.com/

Book ahead though, it's very popular.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Dont forget about jersey either. There are many courses accessible from the NJ transit rail lines.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

A short trip on the LIRR and a short cab ride from the station would take you to my home course, it's public and plenty challenging:

I used to work right by Harbor Links and the rates were on the steeper side.

While browsing their web just now, I found that there is a Nike demo day where KJ Choi will be in appearance. Think I might stop by for that.

« Keith »

Almost forgot - http://www.golfinnyc.com/queens_golf...meadows_pp.php

Its a par 3 course in queens. All you really need is a wedge and a putter but its open at night with lighting!

Dont forget about jersey either. There are many courses accessible from the NJ transit rail lines.

Which courses? The thing about Jersey is some courses charge more for non-residents. I know it depends on the county.

The par 3 course in Flushing - it's convenient, but you're hitting off mats and it's not in the greatest shape, but still, it's golf nearby. There's a par 3 with lighting called Heartland or something way out in Long Island. Have never been there, not sure if it's still in business. I think there's also one in Jones Beach. I like Harbour Links, but one major annoyance for me is you have to take a cart. Green fee is very expensive as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Almost forgot -

this looks very interesting.... I thinks its better than going to the driving range... should really help improve my short game

Burner 10.5 *
Burner 15*
Rescue 19*
Voit V5 Hybrid 24*

Which courses? The thing about Jersey is some courses charge more for non-residents. I know it depends on the county.

There's a par 3 course in Rockaway Beach area. The longest hole is about 150 yards. The one in Flushing Meadow, you do hit off mats and they get mad at you if you don't. The longest hole at Flushing Meadow is 80 yards.

« Keith »

I like the par 3 in Flushing Meadows.

In spite of the mats, you could always duff your tee shot a couple of yards into the grass, and take your second shot from the grass just a few yards closer to the green.

They're open really late, and the greens are very undulated.

And if you're feeling thirsty, the beer cart sells tall boy cans of beer and typically will pass you at least three times in a round.

-catfell
In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T 10.5º
3-Wood: Titleist 904F 15º
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20ºIrons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-60GW: Mizuno MP T 51ºSW: Mizuno MP T 56ºLW: Mizuno MP T 60ºPutter: Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

And for the New York experience, I've smelled urine on that par 3 - some people obviously don't respect the place. Nowhere close to finding a dead body though (VC?).

Steve

I used to work right by Harbor Links and the rates were on the steeper side.

I wound up going to that -- did you make it there?

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!