IGNORED

Rule Question - on Paula Creamer

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Given the stated intent, there is no rules issue with what happened.

I assume that this wasn't caught on camera anywhere - that right?

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

I assume that this wasn't caught on camera anywhere - that right?

As far as I know...it was not caught on tape. Only the people at the 10th tee saw it.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

As far as I know...it was not caught on tape. Only the people at the 10th tee saw it.

then we'll never know!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

If I was a rules official and had those big brown eyes looking at me, I would give her a pass.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I think 11-3 basically says that if the ball is falling off tee and a stroke is made at the ball in these circumstances the stroke counts.

So the question is was a stroke made? And 14/1.5 implies that when the intent to strike the ball ceases during the downswing but the player does not successfully check the downswing (i.e., they struck the ball), they are considered to have made a stroke. And I thus conclude that Paula's tee shot ... hum ... well I would have thought it was in play. ++++++++++++++++++ UNRELATED ++++++++++++++++++ I know 18-2a/20 isn't relavent to Paula's situation which is what I actually said so in my original post but I guess I wasn't very clear about it.
--------------------------- Not related to Paula but to earlier comment

I only commented because multiple times a season I witness someone hit their ball (in play) with a practice swing (usually a chip) and so far not one has ever believed that a penalty was incurred.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Imagine that...

I was behind her & was not looking at the tee during her swing so

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

was she in contention? (too lazy to look it up myself)

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

was she in contention? (too lazy to look it up myself)

No, she wasn't in contention.

I doubt Creamer was lying about trying to check her swing, but you never know.

I am not a huge fan of Creamer, but based on past incidents, she's proven to be pretty much a stickler for the rules. She once DQ'd herself for resuming a weather delayed round with a different club in her bag. And, in an effort to protect the field, she challenged Annika twice on rulings in one round at the ADT Championship.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• Administrator
I am not a huge fan of Creamer, but based on past incidents, she's proven to be pretty much a stickler for the rules. She once DQ'd herself for resuming a weather delayed round with a different club in her bag. And, in an effort to protect the field, she challenged Annika twice on rulings in one round at the ADT Championship.

Indeed. In her rookie season, I think. Earned a lot of respect from me when she did that (and Annika lost a little). And I still think she was right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!