IGNORED

Congratulations Brian Gay!

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

he hasnt finished as yet but there's not gonna be a 4 shot swing so well done. iv gotta say the guy is very, very solid! every tee shot he hit found the fairway, he hit the middle of almost every green, when this guy is in front he knows how to play and how to win! nobody looked like they could challenge him, mainly because he didnt look like he was gonna give a lot of shots away and its not an easy golf course to chase the leader! guy is just a solid, solid golfer and congratulations!

ps. ive gotta say i find days like this a little boring when noone is challenging but youve gotta give it to brian gay, he didnt give anybody a look in!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Brian Gay has authored the two most dominating four-day runs on tour in 2009. Clearly, he is someone who has figured out his game, and has it in perfect sync right now. Plus, he just earned himself a trip to Bethpage.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm not knocking his game - he's a nice player, but I'll be honest with you all:

If I am watching a golf tournament, he's probably one of the main people I'd root against, seriously. Does this guy have any charisma to him? Personality? I mean, he barely gives the gallary a wave or a tip of the cap. Never seen him mutter to his caddie or anyone, and he goes about his business on the golf course like a robot.

Nice golf game for sure, smooth, simplistic swing, and when he's putting well he's tough out there. But not one of my favorite golfers on tour.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm not knocking his game - he's a nice player, but I'll be honest with you all:

i agree but only because i find him a little boring (i like golfers who go for everything eg. ak, mcilroy, etc) but he gets the job done by finding fairways, finding the middle of the green and 2 putting. other than the last i didnt really see him trying to go for birdies to stretch the lead which is why i find him a tad boring! but hey, it works for him, i mean hes won 2 tournaments already this year, by 5 and 10 strokes so something must be right!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Two years ago, I had no idea who he was. Since then, he's become one of my favorite players. Small guy, about my build, doesn't hit the ball very far, makes low scores on tough courses.

I really enjoyed watching the tournament the last two days.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a hard time taking someone who looks like a 19 yr old fratboy seriously, but after this week I don't think anyone can doubt his play

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 56, 60

He definetly isnt a long-hitter, but his game is solid. He hits fairways and greens and doesnt make very many mistakes. It may not be flashy or exciting to watch, but it gets the job done.
Kudos to him, its always nice to see a Mizuno staffer take the win.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I'm gonna go against the tide here...I think he's my new favorite golfer. He makes golf look so effortless. Not charismatic-whatever, He's in his happy place. I think Phil is a social rock on the course and everybody likes him. Gay's also not the guy who has to be a ninja to put in a good round. That's what I'm gonna be like when I win PGA Tour tournaments.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

That dude is a machine. Just swing after swing are nearly indentical.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I have to say I agree with Marinemike. I happen to respect a guy that doesn't have to wear everything on his sleeve to get fans. Perhaps if people dug a little deeper to find meaning like reading the article on his very interesting story, they would think differently. Apparently the guy played 15 or so years on the mini tours without much success with a wife that roughed it with him and stuck by him. Now it's finally all paying off.

I'm sorry, but I find that more meaningful than a fist pump. I'm sure you can get plenty of that from Rory Sabbatini if that's your thing.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I've been on the "gay" bandwagon for a while now (haha get your laughs)

I like the way he plays, I dont give a hoot about his personality. Sure he could be more friendly but maybe it throws him off his game if hes concerned about what hes going to say to david farrit at the end of 18...

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

had him at 35/1 since last wednesday - delighted!

doesn't do anything outragous, doesn't hit it far, but sure can get the job done.

great frontrunner.

could well win again this season.

not at Bethpage though!

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I am sorry but he is just way too boring to watch. I have watched the final day of most the PGA events this year. The 2 events he has won i couldnt stand to sit through.

Driver: Sumo 5000
Fairway Woods:RPM #3
Irons: Pro-Combo Tour 3-P
Wedge: SV Tour 56° VR 52°
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Tour i/ix or Pro-V1x

I am sorry but he is just way too boring to watch. I have watched the final day of most the PGA events this year. The 2 events he has won i couldnt stand to sit through.

Only because he so freaking far ahead! 10 strokes anybody? Let's wait until he gets into a mexican standoff on the back 9 on Sunday and see what he does before we all say he's soooo boring.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Y'know I was gonna say he's like golf's version of the Terminator. Even the facial expressions (or lack thereof). In any case - two very impressive wins but doesn't stand a chance at Bethpage Black.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!