IGNORED

Looking for a new bag.....Stand or Cart???

Note: This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everybody, i'm in the market for a new bag in the next few weeks and I am still fairly new to the game so I was wondering, for those of you who bought a cart bag, do you wish you got a stand bag if you walk every once in a while like I do? and for those of you that got a stand bag do you sometimes wish you got a cart bag because they are more feature-laden?

I am not interested in "matching" my bag to anything, so that is not
important. but i would like a bag with enough storage space and enough dividers to where my clubs wont be banging around back there.

take a look at some of these and let me know what you think based on what i'm looking for

I am looking at a few bags here, first the cart bags....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-2009-P...3%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ping-Outlander-C...3%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-BagBoy-...3%3A2|294%3A50

Stand Bags:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2009-Taylor-...3%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-OGIO-G...3%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ping-Golf-Freest...3%3A1|294%3A50

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

I stick with a good stand bag. That way it's nice when you walk, plus it goes on a cart just fine.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I have a cart bag and because I never carry I don't use my stand bag (gave it to my son recently). I do walk often and the cart bag fits nicely in my cart.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

i walk whenever possible. That being said, I always take a pullcart. so my next bag will be a cart bag. Also, I don't like the back pack style strap in the stand bags.

But that being said, stand bags take up less space in a trunk, and as a fair weather golfer, I don't need that much storage space. So my question is what features are you giving up that you need by going with a stand bag? Stand bags are nice when you are at the range since they setup nice.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

If you always take a cart or use a pullcart when you walk, you will likely be perfectly happy with a cart bag.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Hey everybody, i'm in the market for a new bag in the next few weeks and I am still fairly new to the game so I was wondering, for those of you who bought a cart bag,

You can go cart bag without going with the bagzilla size cart bags like you've linked.

I walked for years, if you insist on carrying often, then get the stand bag, if you are walking with wheels and riding the other rounds, then get a mid size cart bag. I have the NON revolver Bagboy. It holds everything, doesn't weigh a ton and yet still stands without propping at the range. I could still carry the bag if I had too, just not as easy as a backpack style bag with legs.

I use a Cleveland cart bag when I ride, and keep a Ping Hoofer stand bag in the back of my truck for walking rounds . . . doesn't take 5 minutes to change bags.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

I was in the same in the same boat as you a few months back. Since I decided to start walking as much as I can this summer I went with the OGIO Grom. It's a great bag and has a special cart strap for when I play on cart only courses. It's nice because it keeps the bag straight and upright.

I have both, so depending what I plan on doing that day I will load my stuff into the correct bag. Usually if I play by myself I will walk. If my wife plays we will ride. (She likes driving the carts)

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

Here is the way to look at it, essentially, you would want both if you don't have one or the other.

For starters, most people get a stand bag because it's relatively the most versatile for both walking and riding. Usually, the aim for stand bags is to go as light as possible to ensure a comfortable walk. However, with all the marketing going with stand bags, they come in all range of weights and basically, finding the right stand bag is as hard as finding a needle in the haystack.

Regarding the cart bag, let's just say that weight is not an issue so most things that gets featured in within a cart bag essentially will make the golfer's life easier because weight doesn't hold back the designer.

So why get both kinds?

Because you'll never know what situation you will always be in. If that is the case and only want one bag, then get the stand bag.

Personally, I never thought I would get a cart bag because it's monstrous but honestly, I use the cart bag 95% of the time because I'm riding 95% of the time. Purchase a push cart and that percentage increases.

I do keep my stand bag whenever I travel domestically/overseas if I want to bring my own equipment because I believe in being as light as possible.

What you really need to do is figure out what you do most when you go out to play. Do you ride? walk/push/pull? If you have both, the answer to that doesn't matter. Prices for these bags nowadays are getting inexpensive that having both isn't a luxury anymore.

To answer your question, yes, when I did have a stand bag, I wished I had a cart bag. Why? because everytime I ride/push/pull, it was a pain to keep my clubs organized. I wanted the separate compartments for each of my club. Perhaps I was being picky but it is really helpful! Besides, I was always riding/push/pull that I said to myself why not have that simple luxury.

So here I am, I currently have the Ogio Edge and Ogio Atlas Cart Bag. Both that are wonderfully made and just simply awesome!

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Ok, i've made my decision.... almost. :)

its between the Ogio Grom and the Taylormade TMX stand bag. both look to have all the features, both sport legs and i like the looks of them. thanks guys!

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

• 2 weeks later...
nice bag!!

In my MTX Bag:
Driver: F speed 10.5 degree
F.W. wood: Steelhead III 3 wood, :
callaway: Steelhead III 5 wood
Hybrids: 18* XLS 3iIrons: MP60 4-PW w/ dgs300Wedges: vokey 52*, vokey 56*Putter: Pro Platium Milled Ball: E6+

very nice

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I've loved my bag (sig line). TGW.com has them for $80, too.

Very stable base. Bags stands full upright most of the time around the house.

It rides in a cart very well. The dividers are good...although it would be nice to have 14 full-length dividers.

I reconfigured the strap in about 3 mins so as get one long strap to carry it with only one...just sling it over one shoulder.

It's nice being able to use the legs while at the range.

All in all, today's stand bags really offer a lot. Hard to not go with them.

The larger cart bags are nice, too.....but I simply don't want that much storage. If it will not fit in my current bag then I don't need it anyway.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I walk about 3/4 of the time so i bought a stand bag....but i've stopped carrying my bag and opted for a pull cart. I noticed by bag was getting heavy and the strain on my shoulders and back was causing my game to slip late come 15, 16, 17 and 18, especially on really long courses. You never forget those late round bogeys. after switching to pull cart, i'm playing a lot better at the end of rounds. if i had to go all over again, i'd still get a stand/carry bag but i'd pay closer attention to where the pockets are so that they are easier to access when on any type of cart.

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

thanks guys, I played 18 with it sunday and it's great, has the water bottle spot, the lined phone and watch pocket and plenty of storage for me, and the legs work great!

not to mention it looks pretty fierce!

now i just need to step my game up to match my bag haha

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*

• 2 weeks later...
thanks guys, I played 18 with it sunday and it's great, has the water bottle spot, the lined phone and watch pocket and plenty of storage for me, and the legs work great!

I was looking/am still looking at the same to you were. Which bag did you end up going with? Both can be obtained for $100 for the '08 models and I'm kind of torn by which one I should go for. Truthfully, I should go look at these in person.

i got the TMX stand, i posted it but i guess it got deleted, i think it was about 145 on ebay, where is it available for 100?

I love it by the way

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*

Note: This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!