IGNORED

Driving Par 4

BigTazz53
Note: This thread is 5417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've managed to do it twice.

The first one was in a scramble last year and I was the longest hitter of the group (which is totally relative of course because I'm not really that long) so I shot last. It's the 327 yard par 4 11th at Winding River Golf Course on the southwest side of Indy. I hit it off the top of the barn that's just right of the green and it actually ricocheted across the green and over into the rough.

The second time was a few weeks ago at Saddlebrook Golf Course on the West side of Indy near the Colts complex. I went as a single and got paired with three strangers, one of which was a guy who was a real blowhard. He was probably in his mid 50's, tall, strong and bragged constantly about how far he could hit the ball. I'm only 5'-9" tall and about 200lbs and I've not been playing long and I'm still trying to learn how to play smart. But when we came up to the driveable 291 yard par 4 8th I figured just for kicks, I'll try to uncork one.

So, he tees off first and hits it really well, nice trajectory, and pretty long. He starts going off about, "Oh, I know I drove the green baby, just wait and see, awesome!"

I get up on the tee last and just try to come out of my shoes. Well, I got real lucky and smoked it pure and straight. The guy says, "eh, that was decent, you'll probably only have about 80 yards in." Nice backhanded compliment.

We get up to the green and there's one ball about 18 feet from the hole, on the green. There's another ball about 10 yards back on the lip of a bunker.

Dude went off, "See, see I told you I fuc**** nailed that SOB! Da** right I did. Eagle here I come!"

I was shocked that he was that nuts over it. So, I wander over the bunker and check my ball... er... wait, that's not my ball. Meanwhile this guy is already lining up the putt. I told him to wait because this bunker ball wasn't mine. I asked him what ball that was on the green. He says, "It's a Srixon, that's what I play." I asked him to check for my initials.

In a huff, he leans down and wouldn't ya know, in bold black letters you can see "LMC". It was his ball that was short and in the bunker. I drove the green and had a putt for eagle (which I missed and ended up with birdie).

All the guy said after realizing it was my ball was, "Wow, lucky shot for a little guy like you." It was beautiful, I didn't even have to say a word, just said thanks. His friends were ripping him.

Oh, and later in the round, on the 11th tee box, they offered me a joint.

That was a really odd round of golf for me.

In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

I've had several (some of them "cheaper" than others):

Highland Park Golf Course (Bloomington, IL) - #4 (290 yds), #9 (257 yds), #14 (258 yds), #15 (262 yds).

Prairie Vistia Golf Course (Bloomington, IL) - #1 (382 yds -cut the corner and got a bounce off of a cart path), #2 (322 yds - again cut the corner pretty good), #17 (295 yds).

The Den at Fox Creek (Bloomington, IL) - #15 (304 yds), #16 (337 yds)

Weibring Golf Course (Normal, IL) - #15 (309 yds)

LeRoy Country Club (LeRoy, IL) - #7 (~285 yds)

Oakbrook Golf Course (Edwardsville, IL) - #6 (310 yds)

Oak Terrace Golf Course (Pana, IL) - #12 (300 yds), #15 (238 yds - all carry over water with a slight fade required, but still pretty cheap)

Ironhorse Golf Course (Tuscola, IL) - #9 (346 yds - one of my favorite holes I've ever played)

The sad thing is, I didn't make the eagle putt on any of them!
My Bag:
Driver: FT-i (i-Mix version) - 10* w/ UST Proforce V2 (stiff)
5-Wood: RPM Redline
Hybrid: Baffler 23*
Irons: R7 Draw 5-PWGap Wedge: 52* Sand Wedge: 56* CG10Lob Wedge: 60.04 VokeyPutter: White Hot Rossie putterBall: TP Red

Just id it today for the first time in my life. Hole ten at Sawmill Golf course in Easton Pa. 271 yd par 4.

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

Most recently at hole #13 at The Tribute http://thetributegolflinks.nemexinc....urselayout.cfm

I've driven that hole a few times (to the back of the green). With a 2iron from 243 and with a driver from 287.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I love these testosterone-fuelled threads

I'll bet many of these monsters still shot a 4 even after driving the green

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

I drove one and when my pop cleared the dogleg he saw a golfer 1 of 4 putting a ball while the other 3 were waiting in carts. We think they played my ball and after I addressed them at the next tee, they quickly left the course. We're convince the 3some said to the 4th...you idiot! why did you take that guys ball? after waiting tirelessly behind this 4some, 20 minutes a hole, they finished the par5 18th in like 10 minutes and when we finished 18 they were gone like the wind. I WAS GOING TO TALK TO THEM IN THE PARKING LOT, this i think they knew.

So until I do it and see it , i assume not.

Leo j Martin #9 250 downhill with a 3 wood (i've done this quite a few times it's fairly easy.
Leo j Martin #11 290 flat with a green that goes up five yards from the fairway.
Pinecrest #14 245 uphill this was not the smartest play considering the whole was very narrow maybe 25 yards wide and I was playing in a tournament, but I made the eagle putt.

Presumptuous, but probably true. However, there are some people that can hit it far

and score. Problem is, I'm only one of them part of the time. haha.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Guilty. The primary challenge on this hole is the green.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I drove a par 4 today for the first time in a long time. I play from the tips and there really isn't any chance for me to put it on it one at the course I play on. I made the 35-40 footer for eagle too

Note: This thread is 5417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!