IGNORED

I can finally stand again..

ApocG10
Note: This thread is 5408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 and a half weeks ago I was burned badly at work when I tripped and stepped into a mould of molten zink that we were plating parts in. 3rd degree burns to my left foot and leg, no permanent damage, but definately screwed up my summer.

Today I tred to stand (have tried every day for the last 5) and was able to keep pressure on my foot for 10 minutes before I had to down.

Obviously I cant play golf, but now I figure I can start putting on my putting strip at home, and by the end of the week, hopefully i'll be able to make it to the course to putt and chip on the practice green. I cant play actual golf till mid july at least, and even then, I can only play with a cart.

So, what I was wondering if anyone has any drills and games to play to keep myself occupied and improve my putting. Its one of my favourite parts of the game, and this will gve me a chance to work on it exclusively. Im looking at spending hours putting, so some variety in drills would be important.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, im adding some pics of my leg two weeks after it happened, fore those who like that kind of gore. Be forewarned, its kind of nasty, so im putting a long space between here and the pictures to give everyone a chance to exit the thread if they are a little squeemish.
Pics

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Wow those were crazy burns, best of luck too you, and I hope you can golf as soon as possible.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

WOW, that must've hurt like hell. Damn, those are CRAZY burns? How are you doing now? Will that ever heal up?

Best of luck to you man.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

oh ya, im healing great after a couple of surgeries. No permanent damage, it just screwed up golf and motorcycle season for me :(

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

HOLY CRAP. Best of luck to you, its crap like that makes me glad I dont do manual labor any more :)

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

lol, i co-own the shop it happened in with my dad. I havent done manual labor forever, I was just plating some parts from some dirtbikes im working on for myself.

Thats the sad part.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Sorry to hear that happened, but good to hear that your are healing.

I'm not sure what you can do to practice putting. Are you getting around in a wheelchair or in bed for the most part? If nothing else, you can get some grippers or a racquetball and work on your forearm and hand strength. Best of luck and keep us posted.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow man, hope you can get back on the course soon. Definitely puts things in perspective, we all take too much for granted.

That said, will there be permanent disfigurement?

Get well get well soon we want you to get well!...

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Hey! Great news on your recovery and best wishes to you.

I have to admit, I was way too squeamish to open up those pictures and look at them in any detail. They looked nasty enough just as thumbnails. Anyway, I really sympathise with you. Hope you get your game back on track soon.

Steve

R7 460 10.5 Degrees
Sasquatch 15 & 17 Degrees
MP60's 3-PW
T-Zoid Comp EZ Wedges 52 & 56
CG10 60 Degrees Tour Action Reg.588 64 Degrees White Hot #4 E6+ Balls

Buying tons of clubs will help you recover faster...

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Note: This thread is 5408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!