IGNORED

Loud Drivers

supercow
Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My Nike Sasquatch sounds like an aluminum bat. I love it.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
* Driver - SQ Dymo - 10.5*
* Woods - SQ Dymo 3 Wood - 15*
* Irons - Black Pearl CG 7 - 4 thru PW
* Wedges - RAC Y-Cutter - 60* * Utility - Niblick - 42* & 56** Putter - YES Callie* Ball - E6*** Looking to buy a Niblick 49*

Exactly. I love the sound. If I can hear an echo, I hit the sweet spot. Perfect auditory feedback.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

Ditto here. It keeps the ball down the middle so I don't care if it grunts like Maria Sharapova.

Ugh, that grunting makes it impossible for me to even consider watching tennis, it's the most annoying thing ever.

my cleveland hi bore xl has a higher pitch than what i was used to with my old maxfli driver. i love it though.

in my cart bag

Hi-Bore XL 9.5* stiff flex
Sport Series 19* 5 wood
Sport Series 15* 3 wood HBT Irons PW-3H Reg. 588 64*

I think it's funny that some folks get torqued up about the sound other players drivers make. I simply don't understand it. I could see if you were getting your butt whipped in an important round....dreading the sound that your opponents club as he continues to smash 'em down the middle....

I guess to each his own.

Maybe I've simply been lucky over the years and never had a driver that created harsh impact noise that I found objectionable. Then again....maybe I should have checked with the guys I played with...."Ah...'scuse me fellas.....but do you find my driver sound to your liking....you see, I'm rather fond of this club and don't want to discard it....unless, of course, it's sound doesn't please you...in which case I'll rush out and buy a better mannered model".

Gimme a break.

Maybe I've just been lucky.....don't know.....I'm just sayin'.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

My Nike makes a pretty loud sound, but not annoyingly loud. Very distinct.

I bought my son a Slazenger lady's Raw Distance driver that makes a pretty crazy sound. Just like an aluminum bat in fast pitch softball. One time at the range I tried to hit it to see if I could make it really sing out, but the shorter shaft must have thrown me off because I kept topping the ball and never could make good contact (after about 3 tries). The kids were laughing so I hard I gave up. But that is about the craziest sounding driver I've ever heard.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

My buddy has one of these and we call it " Billy Ray ". It makes a loud WONK! and the head cover looks like a Mullet hair cut. "... don't tell my heart, my achey, breaky heart ...."

In the bag:
MX-100 Irons
Wedges 54*
60* SV Tour Wedge
putter 3-Wood, 5-wood 10.5* driverLimbo Ball

My Cleveland is loud when compared to my old R7 425. I certainly wouldn't call it loud enough to be offensive, I do take care not to hit it at covered range though.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

My FT-i is FOOKING LOUD, especially on hard mis-hits. It actually makes my right ear ring.

Does anyone know how to plug their ear with their finger while swinging a driver?
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

mg g10 is semi loud on miss hits. when i hit it flush tho it sounds great. i have known cobra drives to be extremely loud and obnoxious. i used to play a titleist driver and plan on getting a new one soon, i also love the way they sound

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

My Cobra 440SZ has the highest pitch ping, that leaves my ear ringing for 275 yards of walking, until I approach my ball in the middle of the fairway and then it suddenly feels better.

EDGE stand bag
S9-1 PRO S - Matrix XCON 6
Rapture 14 degree Aldila VS
DWS Baffler 2 Hybrid Adila stiff
A7 4 hybrid USTAXIVAP1 710 5-GW KBS StiffCG14 - 54.1262.07 Vokey Spin MilledWhite Ice BladeGolf BallsBlack TP & Pro V1x

I recently traded in my Ping G2 for a Lynx Predator Ti, but didn't really pay attention to the sound of the Lynx when i demo'd it in Golfsmith. Once i got in on the course though, it sounded like i was hitting a fungo bat against a steel pole! I was a little put-off at first, but the performance of the club has definitely made me care less about the sound.

I still get just as much distance as the G2, but now i get very little sidespin and i even get the bonus of not having to yell "fore!" at all after a tee shot b/c everyone is already looking my way due to the fungomatic.

What's in my Datrek MSU Dawgs bag -

Driver - Predator Ti 9.5* Stiff
3 Wood - Predator Ti
5 Wood - Predator TiHybrids - 3DX DC Ironwood 18*/21*Irons - 3DX Red ComboWedges - 588 49*, Raw 56*Putter - Rossa Classic Imola 8Ball - Gamer

My Cobra 440SZ has the highest pitch ping, that leaves my ear ringing for 275 yards of walking, until I approach my ball in the middle of the fairway and then it suddenly feels better.

I have the Cobra 400 tour and it is the same way. It's pretty obnoxious, but you can't argue with 300 yards off the tee.

In my SQ tour bag

Cleveland Launcher 460 10.5* stiff
Dymo 3 wood stiff
3-E Apex Blades 1/2" up stiff VR 52* 56* Aussie IBF tour edition 34" w/ ping grip SG5

Nickent 3Dx Tour Square is ridiculous. I love it though.

It has the aluminum bat sound.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I have two King Snake drivers, the Mamba 2 and the Viper Tour Black.

I hit the VTB a lot better and farther, and it has a nice metal sound but not obnoxious.

The Mamba 2 is another story. VERY loud, clanky sound. I wouldn't mind it but since I don't hit that club as well as my VTB, I don't have to hear it anymore.

Jess

Note: This thread is 5668 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!