IGNORED

Notable courses in the Flint, Michigan area?

Note: This thread is 5439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to be visiting Flint, Michigan next week.
Are there any good courses that anybody recommends?
thanks

What I Play:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana 'ahina X-stiff  | Titleist 909f2 13.5* x-stiff | Taylormade Rescue 19* steel shaft stiff |
Titleist ZB 3-PW S300 | Titleist BV SM 52-08 58-12  | 34" Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | Penta TP

There are several very nice courses within a 30 minute drive.
Public Courses:
Captain's Club at Woodfield - Grand Blanc, MI
Sugarbush - Davison, MI
Genesee Valley Meadows - Swartz Creek, MI

Sugar bush is ok, Captains club is very good , my crew loves playing there cause the staff always does a great job and keeps the game moving, and most importantly the course is just a blast

DRIVER: R7 460 Draw - 10.5* R Flex 55g
WOODS Taylormade R11 15* , Big Bertha 4w
HYBRID Taylormade Burner Rescue 19*, Taylormade R11 5 Hybrid
IRONS Mizuno Mx-200 4-GW WEDGES CG14 56* PUTTER Sabertooth 34"

I'm familiar with some course 30 miles south in Brighton. From a thread in another forum that I posted in:

The Jackal, is just west off Grand River south of I-96 practically downtown Brighton and is on the Mt. Brighton ski hill. Tricky course but several holes hit off the top of the ski hill and that is a blast. Check Lastminutegolf.com or if someone has a Entertainment book for good rates. The Majestic at Lake Walden is north of town up US-23 just north of M-59. 27 holes, very pretty, one set of nine is across a lake you take a boat to. Again, check LMG.com. South on US-23 from I-96 a dozen miles is Moose Ridge, constructed on an old strawberry patch. Very hilly and scenic and many tees are elevated, again a blast to hit off the top of a hill. LMG.com again. Another course I have yet to play is the Coyote Preserve, a Arnold Palmer design, just another couple of miles north on US-23 of the Majestic. I stopped in there with a client to catch a late 9 but the course had leagues. It looked like it was in pristine condition.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• 3 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 5439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!