IGNORED

Tiger woods dissed

bunkerputt
Note: This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As for other sports being noisy, I don't feel it is the same. In sports like basketball, baseball, football, etc., the "noise" is going on all the time. In golf, it is generally quiet and then you have these idiots yelling out during the golfers down swing.

So, why can't golf be talkative all the time? I'm an amatuer at this game and have no problem when others talk during my swing. As long as I don't laugh, it's fine. I've even talked during my backswing before...and striped it down the middle of the fairway. Not everybody is the same, but movement and sounds shouldn't affect the best in the world.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you are different from everyone else. I have never seen or heard of someone talking during their backswing or not caring if people talk when you swing.

The golf swing is one of, if not the most complicated physical move in the world of sports. It takes so very little to throw you off, it's a game where your mind gets twisted.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So, why can't golf be talkative all the time? I'm an amatuer at this game and have no problem when others talk during my swing. As long as I don't laugh, it's fine. I've even talked during my backswing before...and striped it down the middle of the fairway. Not everybody is the same, but movement and sounds shouldn't affect the best in the world.

firstly thats just weird that you can talk during your swing!

but mainly the key difference is that youre expecting it! in the professional game almost everybody is silent during someones swing and the player is expecting everyone to be silent so if there is just a slight noise during somebody's swing they arent expecting it and are surprised by it so they get put off by it!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

to be fair though when it is in good nature then it can be quite funny! lee janzen just made a mess on the 17th at the john deere classic and after duffing his chip up the bank and coming back to his feet he then hit a good shot up onto the green (his 6th shot) and some guy went 'woooooooooooooo' and janzen acknowledged him with a mini fist pump which i found pretty funny!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

That is a band aid fix that would harm the tour..

Agreed as well. People who don't drink somehow think that all problems are caused by those who do. "GET IN THE HOLE" is something only an idiot would yell regardless of toxicity in the blood. Seriously, I can't understand why anyone would even bother. It's been done literally thousands of times on national TV so why would anyone even think that is funny?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

That is a band aid fix that would harm the tour..

im not saying that banning alcohol should happen but im saying that thats the only way to get them to stop as they wont stop otherwise but i dont think it should happen!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

However, I really don't think that sounds should bother pros. Me, you, your buddy, maybe sounds can break our concentration. But pros in more traditional American sports (basketball, baseball, football, etc.) deal with yelling, screaming, and taunting by fans all the time. A pro golfer should be able to do the same.

Yeah I agree. There should be a gallery of people sitting about 6 feet behind every hole, waving pom poms and chanting MISS IT MISS IT MISS IT, just like on free throws in college hoops. Hah, that would be awesome to see.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

Did anybody catch the 'Nicklaus vs. Snead' replay on CBS? I was really shocked at how tame and respectful the crowd was. There were also quite a few wearing business suits. It's also crazy how little the ball checked up back then, but that's off-topic.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Did anybody catch the 'Nicklaus vs. Snead' replay on CBS? I was really shocked at how tame and respectful the crowd was. There were also quite a few wearing business suits. It's also crazy how little the ball checked up back then, but that's off-topic.

Good observation.

Also, off-topic, did you notice how small the crowd was. Brings validity to the "Tiger-affect" on golf. So, when are they having the Woods vs. Mickelson match at Pebble?
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Good observation.

I did notice that. It looked a lot like the token spectators that they add to video games. I was also surprised at the $3000 purse. There's definitely something to that Tiger-effect. I remember a Mad TV skit from a couple of years ago where it was a match play event between Tiger and someone else. They had smoke machines and laser-light generators going when they introduced the character playing Tiger. That was great. I think he made 4 holes-in-one in a row. He kept saying Boo-yah

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I overestimated it. It was only 3 holes-in-one

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/597049..._shoots_parody

[ Equipment ]

Like so?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha, wow.

Who knew Tiger liked Smashmouth?!
In the bag:
Driver: `09 Launcher (10.5º) w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff
3 Wood: `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff shaft
3 Hybrid (20.5º): `09 Launcher w/ Fujikura Fit-On Red Stiff Shaft
4-PW: CG7 Tour w/ TT Dynamic Gold Stiff Shafts50º (8º Bnce), 56º (14º Bnce), 60º (8º Bnce):

Like so?

hahaha, thats quality!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Yes I think there should be pre-screening to get in, if you dont pass you have to wear a muzzle. This isn't professional wrestling, or NFL. There needs to be a ethics SWAT team on course, your out of line all of a sudden you are over taken by guys with automatic weapons hauled off in a van and dumped in a remote location.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!