IGNORED

So what are the most popular irons for members of this forum?

Note: This thread is 5386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What brand of irons do you play?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • TaylorMade
    • Titleist
    • Other

I would imagine that the members of this forum are better than the average golfer. That is because we have gone above and beyond to find others with our same interests and look for ways to improve our game. With this in mind, I am curious to find out what the most popular brand of iron is for the members of this forum.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play Mizuno's, and would expect to see them near the top of the list.
Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

There are too many possibilities but with that being said, I would guess that it would be some form of Mizuno's.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

Mizunos will blow up that list

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

It seems to me, from my experience here, that A LOT of people play Mizuno - especially the MP-57 line.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I currently play callaways, but I think I would like to trade them in for some mizunos. Anyone have a recommendation for a 10 handicapper? Once I decide on a model, I just have to convince the wife that I need to trade in my 2 year old callaways for a new set of mizunos.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

I currently play callaways, but I think I would like to trade them in for some mizunos. Anyone have a recommendation for a 10 handicapper? Once I decide on a model, I just have to convince the wife that I need to trade in my 2 year old callaways for a new set of mizunos.

Well, Mizuno MP-57's...

But, no, seriously, you'd probably like them.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Why dont you keep your Callaways and trade in the wife for some Mizunos? Haha, just kidding.

For a 10 handicapper, I would say that you would probably like something that is forged but with a half cavity back. I played Hogan Apex Plus's for the longest time and I really liked them. The Apex Plus is also a forged half cavity back iron. I think you'll have your work cut out by trying to convince the wife for new clubs. Of course you could buy the irons used. I know Golfsmith has used irons and a lot of them are in really good condition too.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

Callaway irons are more forgiving and they're how i do business.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Ping, only because when I was younger I always wanted a set of ping irons....and ping still makes some good stuff from what I've tried.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

I've got Cleveland TA-7's, but I'm having some trouble lately and I'm somewhat in the market for some Callaway X-18's.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

I've got Cleveland TA-7's, but I'm having some trouble lately and I'm somewhat in the market for some Callaway X-18's.

I absolutely love them. Great great set of clubs. Tons of forgiveness and they're just all around good clubs.

Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

I just got my 1st set of non-generic/non-clone irons - TaylorMade R7 Draw, steel shafts, regular flex. So far so good, I'm hitting them longer and straighter than those knock-off clubs I used to play with. My pro suggested them for me as my slice/right push was pretty bad but these seem to straighten things up pretty well.

-=gos=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What I play...
Driver - Burner Draw
Fairway - FY-Brid 3 Wood
Hybrid - Burner Rescue 19*Irons - R7 Draw 4-SW/LWWedge - CG14 Black 50*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - TP RedBag - Stand Bag=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Mizuno is going to dominate this list. There are quite a few Titleist and Callaway players on the board, though.

I tell just about anyone who wants to get better, but doesn't want blades, and has a handicap this side of 25 to get MP-57s or MP-52s.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play Ben Hogan's, but soon to be playing Adams.

In my stand bag:
Driver: XR-03
Irons: Apex Edge CFT (5-E)
Hybrids: Apex Edge CFT (3-4)
Wedge: Sure Out LWPutter: BombshellShoes: University

Theres nothing that feels like a Mizuno.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Note: This thread is 5386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!