IGNORED

Got beaten by a 12 year old!

Nick88
Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Evening all,

It was my home clubs midweek stableford competition, i was paired with a 12 year old who plays off a 13 handicap. 1st green he has a 50ft putt for birdie and sinks it, from there on in he didnt miss a fairway a green and didnt make a double bogey all day! the course is best part of 6700 yards and this 12 year old only hits his drives best of 220 yds yet he manages to get the round the greens and gets up and down etc! After the front 9 holes he has 24 points!!!! He shot level par gross!

Back 9 was more of the same really, fairway, green 2 putt. Coming down 18 he was only 2 over gross, god knows how many under nett, he ends up with a bogey for a 73 46 points!!!!!

Was great to see but god damn it was annoying to watch haha!

Oh i shot 75 37 points!

Anyone else had an experience similar?

Nick

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

Doesn't sound like a 13 to me!

Even 12 year-olds can sandbag. I'd have kicked the little shit in the right knee at the turn!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My friend has an 11 year old daughter who is small for her age (skinny, short) and plays from the whites. She's deadly around the green and shoots 90 (+/- 4 shots) at her tough home course. It's always great to watch her play. Her dad scores around the same while kicking the ball from around trees, fluffiing his lie, self-taking 3 foot 'gimmies', playing OB as laterals, lost balls as "drop, no penalty", a handful of mulligans, etc. His daughter works hard to know all the rules and plays by them 100% of the time. In this case, she doesn't look to her dad or Tiger Woods to know how to play and behave on the course.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I wouldnt say he is a sandbagger!

over the last 6 months he has lost 9 shots through competitions only!
Came second in our club chamionship medal! Only beaten by his brother haha!

Now he is off 9.9 now quite crazy!

11 shots in about 6 months!

TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

Got dusted by a 12 year old?!?!Sorry man but that is funny! There are a few kids around here that can play. Wouldn't mind seeing that kid's game when he is 19.

Dropping that many strokes in 6 months sounds like a growth spurt- sounds like the kid may have a future.

Years ago I taught a 10 year old that was routinely beating grown-ups by the time he was 12- shooting in the mid 70's. And he was a trash talker. Plenty of guys wanted to kick his ass, but you can't beat up a little kid! He was a cocky little shit. Real handsy swing and deadly from 100 yards and in.

I think he kinda peaked as a junior golfer though. He'd be in his 20's now and I haven't heard anything from him since he was in HS.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I'm 26 and this 12 year old hits it as far as I do

I think hitting far is overrated. I'd rather only drive 190 but be in the center of the fairway every time.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

At the rate my 8yr old daughter is going, someone will be making this kind of post about her soon. It's amazing how fast they pick it up... especially if you don't try to coach too much and just let them swing away.

Its great to see young kids play some good golf, but when your getting beaten playing for money and the kid is playing his socks off every round what can you do but stand back and admire!

Got dusted by a 12 year old?!?!Sorry man but that is funny! There are a few kids around here that can play.

just watch the tv in about 7 years!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I got smoked by an 11 year old kid.

Our group all played from the tips which was about 6300 yards. I played pretty well and shot an 81. I came in third out of three in the group.

The 11 year old boy came in second with a 79 or so and the winner was...

His 13 year old sister who posted a 76!

It was actually quite fun.

I also got my but whipped by a girl that plays here on our college golf team from the tips.

I played a 12 year old in the second round of our state junior match play tournament. i was three under for the round and was actually down to him after fourteen holes. barely pulled it off two and one lol.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I think hitting far is overrated. I'd rather only drive 190 but be in the center of the fairway every time.

If that's what you want, don't bother with all your woods and just get good with that hybrid of yours. If I hit only 190, I won't be making many fairways since a lot of them you need to carry at least 200. For me I think distance is quite important. I'll take a shot from the rough inside 150 versus fairways 150 plus. Of course, as long as we are not playing at some fescue infested golf course.

I get beat by 17-18 year olds regularly and its quite humbling.

« Keith »

If that's what you want, don't bother with all your woods and just get good with that hybrid of yours. If I hit only 190, I won't be making many fairways since a lot of them you need to carry at least 200. For me I think distance is quite important. I'll take a shot from the rough inside 150 versus fairways 150 plus. Of course, as long as we are not playing at some fescue infested golf course.

I agree - also any hole over 360 yards its quite difficult to get close in two when you can only hit the ball 190 off the tee. If you think that the average golfer has a 10% margin of error on a golf shot (a 200 yard shot will be within 20 yards of the target) that means you are going to be looking at alot of long putts and tough up and downs. ALso, driving the ball well is a great way to start a hole. A bad drive putts me in the wrong mindset for the remainder of the hole. The hole concept of relax and stop thinking about it becomes very very difficult.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I've been beaten by 78 year old several times (He frequently shoots his age).

He doesn't get far off the tee, but he is always straight and his short game (120 yards and in) is deadly.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 5363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!