IGNORED

who makes the best golf clubs

Note: This thread is 5382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

who makes the best golf clubs
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Whichever company has the bigger marketing budget.

Jokes aside, are you looking for a new set of irons? Any type in particular? I ask because you can purchase some really well made equipment from not so well know companies for a fraction of the cost. Just food for thought.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

There is no "best" company. It's whatever feels good to the individual. Any of the top companies make quality equipment.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Ping. They were making today's "new irons" in the 90s with the Ping Eye 2.

Those were out before the 90's.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

that's like asking who makes the best cars?????

Different strokes for diffrent folks...

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

There is no "best" company. It's whatever feels good to the individual. Any of the top companies make quality equipment.

Completley agreed.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I knew this would get a ton of responses with some very opionated replies. My vote goes for any club from walmart ......

But in all seriousness, out of the clubs i have tried, i tend to always favor Ping or Callaway products. They are very durable and seem to fit my game quiet well. If only i had the money now to buy a set.

On a personal note, far too much emphasis is placed on clubs, a good player can play well with anything above a tobacco stick with a rock taped on the end as long as they are confortable with it.

Good clubs can inspire confidence though, but i hate going to the course and seeing retired guys playin with 2000 dollar sets and hitting tons of worm-burners while i'm making pars with my 200 dollar set.

Driver: Walter Hagen T3 Square
3 wood: Walter Hagen T3
Hybrids: Walter Hagen T3
Irons: Walter Hagen T3
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

Good clubs can inspire confidence though, but i hate going to the course and seeing retired guys playin with 2000 dollar sets and hitting tons of worm-burners while i'm making pars with my 200 dollar set.

Do you hate it because you are jealous? I am sure they make as many pars as you do.

It all depends on what you like to hit. A person might love a certain club, while another person might just hate it. Some guys prefer specific brands, others hate it, etc..

But I think it is generally agreed on here on the forums that the best irons come from Mizuno, Titleist and PING. I personally love Mizunos, feel completely neutral towards Titleist and absolutely dislike PING irons. (But this might change since the new i15 irons are a complete work of art)

As for drivers, I really like Clevelands, Mizuno again (MX700) and the new TaylorMade R9 looks interesting, though the very short product release cycle of TM puts me a bit off.

In the end, when you have a Cadillac CTS, a Mercedes S350 and a BMW 745i, it's pretty tough to give an absolute opinion about which make is the best. It all comes to personal preferences. Or else you'd see only one brand of clubs with all tour players/one luxury car company on all streets.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

It all depends on what you like to hit. A person might love a certain club, while another person might just hate it. Some guys prefer specific brands, others hate it, etc..

Terribly overpriced, mediocre cars? Not a very good analogy :P

E60M vs. XFR vs. CLS63AMG :P is more like it

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

I knew this would get a ton of responses with some very opionated replies. My vote goes for any club from walmart

With a 26 index, you must not be making too many pars.....

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

I've always been partial to Cleveland. They're wedges are definitely top notch--as for irons, Cleveland, Callaway, Titleist, Nike, TaylorMade, and Mizuno are all making quality irons that really just bring it down to personal choice. Same goes for drivers.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

Ping. They were making today's "new irons" in the 90s with the Ping Eye 2.

early 80's actually. I dont think that makes them the best though. find titleist clubs to be the best, not because my entire set are titleist clubs with the exception of my driver, but because their products are good quality and perform great with my swing.

Note: This thread is 5382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!