IGNORED

Top 10 Golfing No-Nos

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think you miss understood my point. I don't care what you wear or what clubs you play. It bothers me when you are doing everything to mimic the pro's mainly all of their routine. We were a twosome with no one around us on the course and it took us well over 2 hours to play 9 holes. The problem is he would walk off the yardage, check the wind, debate about a club, than go through his pro routine chunk one about 30 yards and go do it all over again. Plus he would want have a convo with me about playing a fade or draw into the green. I'm sorry if I'm offending you and everyone has the same right to be on the course but at some point you need to honor the pace of play.

No no, no offense taken. Your point is well taken and hey, debate is what boards are for. :)

Like the poster I commented on above, his habits and pace of play were the pain in the ass. The fact that he was trying to emulate Tiger Woods all around didn't make it any better. Someone trying to copy their favorite athlete isn't a big deal, you see that all the time in basketball. Perhaps a pro style or routine may work for them. It's when what they are doing affects you, other people, or the game, that's the problem.

In my Ogio Grom XX Stand Bag:

Taylormade JetSpeed Driver (10.5°)

Taylormade JetSpeed Fairway 3 Wood (17°)

Taylormade SpeedBlade 3H, 4H Hybrids (19°, 22°)

Taylormade SpeedBlade Steel Irons 5-PW

Taylormade SpeedBlade Wedges AW,SW,LW (50°, 55°, 60°)

Odyssey Versa 330M Putter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know if anyone posted this since thursday...but what is worse: shorts or john daly's purple paisley pants? i rest my case...

the thing no one should have is a $20 dollar divot tool...don't get me wrong, everyone should carry a divot tool out of respect for the course your playing on and your fellow golfers that have to putt on the greens after you...but most nice courses will give you a little plastic one that works just as well for free..

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

I wear shorts basically all the time I play around here, havent played anywhere yet that doesnt allow them, its just hot in the summer and who wants to wear pants. A few courses require collared shirts instead of t-shirts, but shorts are ok obviously as long as they're neat and dont have a million holes in them or something like that. I think in this area most courses dont care what you look like as long as you respect the course and others playing, thats more important than how you look.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I think you miss understood my point. I don't care what you wear or what clubs you play. It bothers me when you are doing everything to mimic the pro's mainly all of their routine. We were a twosome with no one around us on the course and it took us well over 2 hours to play 9 holes. The problem is he would walk off the yardage, check the wind, debate about a club, than go through his pro routine chunk one about 30 yards and go do it all over again. Plus he would want have a convo with me about playing a fade or draw into the green. I'm sorry if I'm offending you and everyone has the same right to be on the course but at some point you need to honor the pace of play.

I can just imagine trying to follow someone like that or play alongside them. I know im not a pro so I dont try to walk off yardages or anything like that to waste time and slow down the game. I look at how far I am between say the 150 and 100 marker on a 2nd shot on a par 4 for instance and guess that im say 130 yards and pull out my 8 iron and take a shot, or if its 140 yards a 7 iron, or 120 a 9 iron etc. and hit my shot. If i take too long, i lose focus and usually dont hit a very good shot. Dont hurry but keep a good flow and and I think most will play better.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Very good. Might want to limit the shorts comment to jean shorts. That is a bad look on and off the course.

I don't know - ever play Tiger Woods PGA 2009 for the Nintendo Wii? A couple of the default female opponents wear tight jean shorts. I know they they're not real people, but if Nathalie Gulbis or Paula Creamer show up at my course in cut offs, I'll be okay with that.

Either way, I'm going to start wearing a golf glove (after ~ 15 years without one) and I'm definitely buying a black one . And not even an actual golf glove either - a batting glove with "Rawlings" or some other obviously non-golf company logo - just because I know how much it seems to rattle people.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

No shorts? It's so hot right now I'd play in my underwear if I could. I only wear long pants when it starts cooling down.

My weapons:

Driver: Hippo ITX2
3-Wood: Hippo ITX2
Rescue: Irons: Hippo ITX2Putter: Redneck

I have played with a Mizuno (not just one, many) rain glove for the last year and a half. I am in the South Pacific on a tropical island and it is the greatest. It is blue and black and I do not care what it looks likes. It is so hot here that the rain glove soaks up the sweat and I almost never lose a grip on my glove hand...

As for shorts, it is hot, you are not on tour, wear them... I know most of the tour players would wear them if they could...

As for cleaning your grooves with a brush... A towel and tee will take care of that problem...

I have a old divot tool I got from an old military golf course that is great. I swear they made if from drain plutonium... A good divot tool is a must...

• 8 months later...
Coloured Golf Balls
Another item only ever likely to boost the confidence of opponents

We always keep a sleeve of pinks on us, and if you don't make it past the ladies tee on a drive (Yeah, were a super bunch) you have to use the pink ball until you get a birdie, or someone else does the same.

Blackmax Driver w/ Diamana Redboard
Ovation 3+5 Woods
Ignite 7 wood
A3oS Hybrids
SZ IronsRossa Core putterTopflight Gamer V2 Balls"Your swing looks pretty good, except your grip, stance, ball position, take back, follow through, and shoulder rotation."Actual quote from one of my first golf...

No one is going to make the black glove = Tony D'Annunzio (Caddyshack) reference???

I'd buy a black glove and a pack of smokes just to step up to the tee, take a puff and make a little shimmy. H$ll, that would guarantee me taking the first hole.

"Well I ain't paying no 50 cents for no coke..."
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

I disagree with this one. I use the fixed height tees for consistancy with my driver. I also carry some regular tees for other shots.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

A list of items serious golfers wouldn't be seen dead with. Some of this is sure to upset a few folks, but chill folks, it's tongue in cheek

Shorts
Golf isn't tennis and most golfers' legs aren't like Pete Sampas'. So cover them up please!

I almost always were long pants. (btw my legs look fine, being a competive swimmer, makes your legs very good looking :P)

Towel Clipped to Belt
Just wrong. Like wearing a sporren without a kilt.

Never seen one

Novlety Ian Poulter Headcover
Why? One of the man is enough for most. Bet Monty hasn't got one.

I have a custom head cover, not look his, but one I got made just for me =)

Score Clicker
If you can't remember how many shots you've played, should you be playing at all?

Ive never used one, but have nothing aginst them.

Sponge Ball cleaner / Club Brush
Too many things dangling from your bag destroys all credibility. What's wrong with a towel?

Could not care, don't use either, but I no lots that do!

Black Golf Glove
You're not Billy Idol, so don't do it!

My practise glove only come in black and since i hit 200 balls a day, it has to be durable.

Coloured Golf Balls
Another item only ever likely to boost the confidence of opponents

haha this one made me laugh =) But still could not care.

Ball Monogrammer
Why spend hours stamping your initials on your ball with a nut-cracker when you're going to lose it within milliseconds?

I have not lost a ball in 4 rounds thanks =)

Ball Retreiver
Sends out alal the wrong messages about your golfing prowess to any opponent

haha Never seen anybody I play with carry one of these.

Plastic castle / Fixed Height Tees
How are you supposed to vary tee height as and when conditions dictate with these fixed-height puppies?

each to there own.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

A list of items serious golfers wouldn't be seen dead with. Some of this is sure to upset a few folks, but chill folks, it's tongue in cheek

seems like I'm a pretty big offender on your list!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!