IGNORED

Top 10 Golfing No-Nos

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A list of items serious golfers wouldn't be seen dead with. Some of this is sure to upset a few folks, but chill folks, it's tongue in cheek

Shorts
Golf isn't tennis and most golfers' legs aren't like Pete Sampas'. So cover them up please!

Towel Clipped to Belt
Just wrong. Like wearing a sporren without a kilt.

Novlety Ian Poulter Headcover
Why? One of the man is enough for most. Bet Monty hasn't got one.

Score Clicker
If you can't remember how many shots you've played, should you be playing at all?

Sponge Ball cleaner / Club Brush
Too many things dangling from your bag destroys all credibility. What's wrong with a towel?

Black Golf Glove
You're not Billy Idol, so don't do it!

Coloured Golf Balls
Another item only ever likely to boost the confidence of opponents

Ball Monogrammer
Why spend hours stamping your initials on your ball with a nut-cracker when you're going to lose it within milliseconds?

Ball Retreiver
Sends out alal the wrong messages about your golfing prowess to any opponent

Plastic castle / Fixed Height Tees
How are you supposed to vary tee height as and when conditions dictate with these fixed-height puppies?

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A list of items serious golfers wouldn't be seen dead with. Some of this is sure to upset a few folks, but chill folks, it's tongue in cheek

Agree with most of them. Not sure about the shorts one and the black golf glove. I only wear pants during winter play. In a casual weekend round in the mid 90's, I'm not wearing pants. JB Holmes and Charley Hoffman might disagree about the golf glove.

Towel Clipped to Belt

I deleted the few I disagreed with. These are well said.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
Sponge Ball cleaner / Club Brush

Agree with all but that one. I have a brush - how else should I quickly and effectively clean my clubs?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That reminds me, I sent my ball retriever out to be re-gripped and almost forgot about it.

that's damn funny, nice!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

No shorts? Good golfers are good athletes. Good athletes have athletic builds. Maybe shorts are no good for your chicken legs, but shorts are not something a serious golfer would object to.

EGS

910 D3 9.5* Aldila RIP S 70 g
Burner 3 wood 15 * S
Bruner Hybrid 19* S MP-60 S300 4-PW CG 14 52*/10* TP Z 56*/12* TP Z 60*/6* Studio Select Laguna 1.5

HEY! I don't want to play the local muni wearing slacks in the muggy summer heat. And I definitely need the brush. I don't like carrying around a wet muddy towel that slaps everywhere and can't get into the grooves quickly. I pretty much agree with everything else. Maybe not the colored balls. If I get stuck with a pain in the butt, I'll start letting him see a pink ball get inside of his more often.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i disagree with these two. first off, i have never, ever, worn pants to golf; always just cargo khakis. who says golfers cant be athletic and have a nice legs?

also, i have no idea what id do without my brush. a little saliva on the club face then rub it down with my brush; leaves the club looking brand new.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

That reminds me, I sent my ball retriever out to be re-gripped and almost forgot about it.

Did you have it re-gripped pro-style, with the grip logo behind? lol

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Shorts....got to wear them it's been to damb hot! Club brush.....if you dig dirt like I do you'd need one!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

No shorts? Good golfers are good athletes. Good athletes have athletic builds. Maybe shorts are no good for your chicken legs, but shorts are not something a serious golfer would object to.

Agreed, some of us are in good shape, my 1.87m / 200lb frame included - no chicken legs here.

Personally, I prefer to play in shorts given the tropical climate I live in. However, not all golfers are athletic, so brontosaurus or heron legs should be covered - at all times.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

Remember...this is tongue in cheek and all of us will be guilty of at least one of these sins, so there's no shame

Just imagine coming up against an opponent who has all these 10 things - you've got him beaten before you even tee off!

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

in texas, you're considered an OUTCAST if you wear pants while golfing.

I heard a lot of conventional things are considered outcast in Texas?

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood

no shorts, thats crazy isweat enough as it is

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Shorts are a must. So is a club brush. And for the black glove, I only wear a set in the winter.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

a no no should be ians pants

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Note: This thread is 5078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!