IGNORED

Most underrated golf company?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 5156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd say Callaway. They don't seem to advertise much, and I just never see their products in stores. But I've heard that a couple pros like their stuff, although I don't think they're guys that you normally hear much about.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Callaway. They don't seem to advertise much, and I just never see their products in stores. But I've heard that a couple pros like their stuff, although I don't think they're guys that you normally hear much about.

are you being serious? callaway is forsure not under rated.. idono where you are from.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

lol what? When people think of golf, they think of Callaway, Nike, Titleist, Taylormade...xD.....but for sure thoes companies, no doubt.

In my Powerband stand bag:

Driver: 3DX RC 10.5
Woods: N/A
Hybrids: 3DX RC 3/4-20/23Irons: 3DX RC 5-PWWedges: ARC 52/58Putter: pipe IIGlove: SoftJoyBall: Noodle Tour LTD

We have sarcasm in Canada too - 30 million people got your joke.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

macgregor and adams

adams just needs to shake that "this is the club your grandfather plays" thing they have going on.

macgregor, well, since norman quit playing them a few years back they havent had the marketing to stay afloat and sold patents to golfsmith. theyre still great irons, bought my brother in law a set of pro-cm's and theyre actually really nice. forged clubs for 400, that actually play great, yes please. shame they sold to golfsmith.

in my TMX T2 Bag

R9 460 TP 10.5* Motore F1 Stiff
Burner 3w 15*
09 Rescue 19* 2009 Burner 4-PW + GW (FST KBS shafts) TP Wedges, 54/60 Newport 2 Pro V1

Wilson Staff

I agree, WS, a genuinely class act. I have wondered if they are stronger in Europe.

(CDRush, I have a set of Titleist AC-108 as well, nearly mint, just not classy enough to play them.)

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I agree on Wilson Staff as well. Thats pretty decent equipment.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• 4 months later...
+1 for Snake eyes, this coming from a snake eyes irons owner of course.

In my 's bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5, Fujikara Red R Flex shaft, and Winn PCI grip
3w, 5w: HiBore XLS Fujikara Gold R Flexshaft, and Winn PCI grips
Irons: Viper HT heads, True Temper XL Lite shafts, and Winn PCI grips
Putter: XG #9 35"Ball: TP II

I agree on Wilson Staff as well. Thats pretty decent equipment.

Yeah the new irons look great!

You don't hear much about Wilson Staff though

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

No one has mentioned Cleveland in this thread, but I have noticed several logos in the signatures of the posters. They are certainly not as hyped as Titleist, Calloway, Ping, TaylorMade, and the biggest marketing machine of them all...NIKE.

Driver: 600t 10.5*
3Wood: TBD
Irons: 1 Iron Golf 3i-PW
Putter: O-Blade
Hobby: I enjoy collecting samples of vintage Ping

No one has mentioned Cleveland in this thread, but I have noticed several logos in the signatures of the posters. They are certainly not as hyped as Titleist, Calloway, Ping, TaylorMade, and the biggest marketing machine of them all...NIKE.

Cleveland arn't underrated, most people know about them

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I don't think any of the OEM are under-rated. They all have large advertising budgets and tour players using their stuff. In my experience, I've found that Snake Eyes, Acer, Wishon, PowerPlay & Dynacraft all make good stuff, with little to no exposure. My Wishon 550C or Acer XK Pro irons are as good as my PING sets, at a fraction of the price.

A few people I know fail to recognize Mizuno as a even a good (never mind top) make of clubs. So my vote goes with them also Wilson Staff Padraig Harrington wouldn't use them if they weren't good

Hogan, they made some great blades, thought i think they might be now defunct.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Perhaps also a couple Japanese companies that were fairly big a while back: Yonex and Maruman.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

As for most underrated.....I agree that it is Wilson Staff.....but that should change...there new clubs look sweet.....saw them at the PGA Show....

I also put a vote in for Powerbilt......they are really trying to make a comeback...even made the Hot List this year.

What about Nicklaus?...not one post has mentioned them.

Note: This thread is 5156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!