IGNORED

Full Extension after impact?

Note: This thread is 3754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree that it should happen automatically and will if you are relaxed and swing well. The problem is that you can hold it off. To get the feeling of a better extension, you may have to force it in the beginning on the range to get the right feeling and to get rid of the hold off move, which could be there. Golf is a game of repitition. If you do the same move over and over, it will happen automatically. To get rid of any error, you may sometimes make a concious effort of not doing something or doing something different. It may take weeks or months to get to the part where it happens automatically if you don't focus on it, but that's golf.

My putting actually hasn't been all bad this year. I've gotten better, but I've also changed putter and putter stroke, so I must give it time. Chipping and pitching is very up and down, mostly because I try different things all the time and ingrain some of the full swing moves into it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find that if I concentrate on actually finishing my swing -- so that my body rotates all the way around with chest facing the target and the club swinging over my back -- that extension happens automatically.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

• 4 years later...

I know this is not going to help in earning my my stupid monkey award, but I am not able to be patient enough before looking into my next priority, and I think it will most likely be key# 3 as I am flipping slightly.. or maybe a lot, I don't know how to measure it really.

I think one of the reasons is because I am bringing the club around my body after impact too fast, and that is why I am looking into extension after impact, and I am going to see if after impact I can just follow the ball with the club..

I can go back to being a stupid monkey after I submit my next video :) (which I hope I can record tomorrow)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm glad someone bumped this thread. I've been struggling with my arms collapsing at/through impact and getting no extension. I think it's because I've been letting my upper body move forward with the lower body in the DS (so there's no room for my arms) but am not sure. Anybody have a similar problem? I don't like the idea of rolling my wrists through impact although I can see where it might help achieving extension. Thoughts on that?

Thanks

Try the hit and hold drill. It promotes full extension. Zach Allens hit and hold video on YouTube says this was one of Mac O'Gradys favorite drills and he was a great ball striker. Also, there is a video on this site too, i believe by iacas.

- Jered

Note: This thread is 3754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!