IGNORED

Golf Logix on IPhone

Note: This thread is 4813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone use this feature? Think I'm going to give it a try. Been looking at buying a GPS anyway. Any opinions???

https://golflogix.com/Default.aspx

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I used the 24 hour trial they give you when you download the app and for me I just dont have the patience to sit there and wait to measure my shots and such, plus it EATS UP your battery life, your phone MIGHT last the whole round using this app, not worth the trouble for me

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

I think I may get to play tomorrow. If I do, I may try the 24 hour trial to see what I think.

Anyone use this feature? Think I'm going to give it a try. Been looking at buying a GPS anyway. Any opinions???

A couple of weeks ago I played a round with a guy that had the app on his iPhone. From what I was able to tell it was much slower to pick up on the distances then the GPS specfic units I have seen. Also, the screen was pretty hard to see in the bright sunlight.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I heard it drains the battery life. Not sure if it's the iPhone GPS or what. Might be something to check into.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

After talking with a couple guys that had tried it, I determined that it just drained too much battery too fast and didn't respond quickly enough so I went out today and bought the skycaddie 2.5. Got 9 holes in with it before getting rained out and loved it so far.

• 2 weeks later...
golflogix is okay, though it wont show you drawings of the hole from above or satellite pictures. but like other ones i have tried the battery life is brutally short and if you use it heavily during the round you wont have a lot left after. you should check out criticalgolf.com for some other reviews and about.com, they have some more details. personally i wouldnt get an app like golflgix but you should try airvue (super cheap)

If you have an iPhone, I recommend Golfshot. It's accurate, great interface, keeps all your stats, emails your scorecard automatically, and the battery life is great. I've played probably 20+ rounds with it and if you put the phone to sleep between shots, you'll have at least half of your battery life left after 18.

Driver:  R11S 10.5°, Fairway Woods:  909 F2 15.5°, Hybrid:  G10 21°

Irons:  Tour Preferred MC 4-P, Wedges:  Vokey SM 52.08, 56.10, 60.04

Putter:  Tei3 Newport II / Circa 62 #3, Ball:  Pro V1X / NXT Tour

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I've got Golf logix on my iPhone 4 (Verizon) and the free version works great. Only gives yardage to center of green, but it loads fast, hardly every have to wait for a yardage and as long as you turn off the screen after you check the yardage it hardly uses and battery. The free version I download is supposed to allow 2 rounds using the upgraded member features, but I couldn't get that to work, but the non-member features work fine. I'll probably pay the fee and join to be able to use all the features.

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I've got Golf logix on my iPhone 4 (Verizon) and the free version works great. Only gives yardage to center of green, but it loads fast, hardly every have to wait for a yardage and as long as you turn off the screen after you check the yardage it hardly uses and battery. The free version I download is supposed to allow 2 rounds using the upgraded member features, but I couldn't get that to work, but the non-member features work fine. I'll probably pay the fee and join to be able to use all the features.

I loved Golflogix when I first downloaded it.  Tried it free, thought it worked well.  That being said, I just couldn't justify the price.  At the time it was $29.99/year.  They've since dropped that to 19.99/year I believe, but I switched over to Golfshot GPS and havne't looked back (much).  $29.99 one time and done.  I've since gotten so used to the interface that I actually had trouble when I tried Golflogix again recently.  The only thing really missing from Golfshot that you get with Golflogix is that Golflogix keeps track of your shot distances per club.  Golfshot will measure a shot and it allows you to tell it which club you teed off with, but it still does not keep track of club distances.  They've been "working on it" for over a year now.  Not sure what's got them so hung up, but if they ever get around to getting that feature added it will be just about perfect.  I say just about because I would actually prefer drawn courses to Google images, but that's a nitpick.

Note: This thread is 4813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!