IGNORED

Longest Drive Witnessed

Drifterland
Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The longet I've seen was one of those freak accidents. The guy was a ball stroker anyway (300 was the norm) but on this day he drove the green on a 510yd. par5. The hole lays from the tee uphill slightly to 180-190 the drops downhill fairly steep. His drive was pulled slightly, and went over the hill out of sight in line with the cart path that runs down the left side of the hole. With the help of a 15mph wind to the back and a long straight cart path, placed the ball on the fringe of the green just a couple of yards from the pin. After all of that he only PARED the hole.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal best was 320 including the roll

In competition Bubba Watson on the par 5 2nd @ TPC boston well over 300 yards

on a driving range Angel Cabrera ...... He cranked it really really far

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

• 5 months later...
I used to golf with a hulking Irish rugby player who would take a really short backswing with a regular shafted Great Big Bertha and hit it 320 to 340. Invariably, he would then pull out a wedge for his second shot, hit 3 inches behind the ball, take a huge divot and then start swearing like crazy.

The longest single drive I ever saw him hit was 370-something. We paced it off from a sprinkler head on a 425 yard hole.

I dont know the actaul distance but i've driven a 400 yard par 4
Keep in mind , down hill FROZEN ground lol
it was funny though

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

The longet I've seen was one of those freak accidents. The guy was a ball stroker anyway (300 was the norm) but on this day he drove the green on a 510yd. par5. The hole lays from the tee uphill slightly to 180-190 the drops downhill fairly steep. His drive was pulled slightly, and went over the hill out of sight in line with the cart path that runs down the left side of the hole. With the help of a 15mph wind to the back and a long straight cart path, placed the ball on the fringe of the green just a couple of yards from the pin. After all of that he only PARED the hole.

he could have scored a condor!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

It was on tv. Jack Hamm hit one so far they used a fighter jet to track it.

"I play in the low 80's. If it is an hotter than that, I don't play"

Joe E. Lewis

Longest drive i ever saw was by me, 330 carry, the ball felt like it just disintegrated on the clubface.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
My longest drive was easily over 400 yards. I didn't measure, but it was just a few paces of the front of a 480 yard par 4. My normal 270 yard or so carry, then it caught the bend in the cart path on the right, and followed it for a good 120 yards. The guys I was playing with couldn't believe it. They were asking what I was looking at for so long after I hit my ball. I told them it was still rolling...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I haven't witnessed a drive (by me or anybody else) that would even qualify for this thread. We have some mammoth hitters here.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I haven't witnessed a drive (by me or anybody else) that would even qualify for this thread. We have some mammoth hitters here.

Exactly, I can't even imagine some of this... In game longest I've probably hit was about 280... on the Range I've hit a 305...

But the fairways here don't give ANY bounce so I'm not sure if that is what is helping out some of you guys. I didn't even know a ball could go over 400 unless it hit a cart path before this thread. On average I probably only hit is 240-260 if I get a good hit (when I try for accuracy) at the range I just try to slam it home and average around a 280.

Driver: adams.gif Speedline 9032LS RIP Shaft (Stiff)

3 Wood: adams.gif Oviation 3Wood

Hybrids: taylormade.gif Rescue 18* 3H - 22* 4H

Irons: callaway.gif X-24 Hot Irons 5-PW

Wedges: cleveland.gif CG15 52, 56

Putter: odyssey.gif PT 82

Ball:  e6

Best i've seen came from me last time I went out. Drilled it 320 yards on a level plane while being gang raped by mosquitos. landed 15 feet from the end of the fairway for a 35 foot uphill shot.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Last week I hit a 355 yard drive (GPS measured) that carried about 250, then rolled downhill the rest of the way. It was a short Par 5, I had a 9 iron into the green and thought I would get my first eagle. Ended up missing my iron shot and putting it in the bunker, and parring the hole.

Longest drive by me is around 300 to the green in a slight downhill par 4 with some tailwind and hard fairways. 3 of 4 people drove the green that day. I average 260-270 on my GOOD smacks and can't imagine people outdriving me 70-130 yards on their GOOD smacks.

« Keith »

Longest drive by me is around 300 to the green in a slight downhill par 4 with some tailwind and hard fairways. 3 of 4 people drove the green that day. I average 260-270 on my GOOD smacks and can't imagine people outdriving me 70-130 yards on their GOOD smacks.

I average less than you on my "good smacks", this thread is about that one freak drive, not averages.

post here if you want to talk about averages

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...istance/page59

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The longet I've seen was one of those freak accidents. The guy was a ball stroker anyway (300 was the norm) but on this day he

He four-putted from 6 feet!?!?! I think I would have quit the sport right then!

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!