IGNORED

iPods on the range?

TN94z
Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got a 8 GB Zune that I listen to a good bit on the range. I usually end up out there at the same time as this guy and his kids, who are usually loud and running around. He's trying to teach them, so I try to be respectful of that and not say anything. If I didnt have some music going, it would be a pretty big distraction, but the music helps me block it out.

There have been a few times that I've actually thought about starting a thread to get some of you to post what you listen to while at the range. I'm always looking for new music to listen to out there! I'll start it, if yall are interested.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

The Best thing I got as a gift for my Ipod was a Bluetooth hookup, so the Earphones are wireless. No cords!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

The Best thing I got as a gift for my Ipod was a Bluetooth hookup, so the Earphones are wireless. No cords!

What headphones do you use? I've been thinking of using Bluetooth with my iPhone while practicing.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

What headphones do you use? I've been thinking of betting some to use with my iPhone while practicing in my yard (live on 6 acres)

I dont mean to jump in and hijack, but if you're looking for BT headphones, I recommend these

Sony earbuds . I had a BT iPod adapter when I used to carry my 80GB iPod around a lot, and these were the ones I used. They worked great, and they support the A2DP profile (basically 2 channel stereo).

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Never have and never will listen to music while playing golf or hitting the range....

i never understood taking an iPod to the range. i don't play with one, so why take one to the range. golf is hard enough without the added distractionl

+1 on the above^^^^^^

Just a heads up, if you are looking for an Ipod, look at the Apple refurb store. You can get one for about 1/3 less than a retail one (free shipping too.)

I agree... the refurbs are the way too go... I am on my first iPod and it is the shuffle... bought one for myself and my wife when Circuit City went belly-up. Now I'm looking at getting a bigger one with the display off the refurb apple store so I can use it in the car and such. I love the shuffle for working out though, so I would think it would work with golf... just run the cords right up inside the shirt.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I have a 16g iPhone and from time to time I'll listen to some tunes on the range it helps me tune out the kids next to me sometimes hitting the ball like happy gilmore and focus more on my game. All I do with the ear phones is put the cord inside my shirt and it never gets in my way.
IN MY BAG
Driver - Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood - SZ 15*
Irons - R9 4-AW kbs shafts, 19* Burner Rescue
Wedges - 2007 Tom Watson Lob 60* CG-15 56* Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Pro v119th Hole weapon of choiceBudLight:

I listen to my iPod when at the range once in a while, it helps me with tempo. I've got a 30gb Video, but I usually use my blackberry so I dont have to carry 2 things with me.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I use my 16GB ipod nano on the range & most of the time I'm practicing (putting & chipping). I sometimes wondered if that could be hindering me ... but I still make an effort to line up every practice shot like I would be playing and not just mindlessly bang balls.

It definitely helps pass the time by to be able to listen to something ... but other guys have mentioned the nice sound of ball contact which is great too.

I don't tuck my shirt in, so I put my ipod in my front pocket, then run the wires through my shirt and out the top of my collar. I use the standard ipod headphone buds, but they were horrible at staying in my ears so I bought some plastic earbud holders that wrap around your ears. I'm not sure if I can post a link, but google search [innovelis budfits] and you'll find them. They are cheap & they work GREAT at holding the earbuds in my ears.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I like to take my zune + some in ear headphones to the range. Where I go there are constantly people loudly talking, giving each other lessons or just kids running around sometimes. I lose all my concentration so i just pop in the earphones and block it all out.

I use Westone UM-1s. $109 at earphonesolutions.com and a great investment in sound quality + isolation (and they stay in too)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

i never understood taking an iPod to the range. i don't play with one, so why take one to the range. golf is hard enough without the added distractionl

Strange. I find listening to music helps me stay relaxed and allows me to focus better at the driving range because I don't get as upset when I make bad swing. Maybe you listen to the wrong type of music.

To each his own.

i use my blackberry and turn on pandora and just stream music while i am at the range. if nobody is around i don't even use earphones.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

if you need help on earbuds/cables, go to headfi.org. They are by far the most knowledgeable people on the web.

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

I always have my iPhone with me, so I'll take my earbuds to the range with me, same as above, I run them up my shirt and out the top. I have a pair from Phillips with the right side longer than the left, so it goes around the back of your neck, that keeps them pretty well out of the way. I do it because it helps me keep my mind clear. When I'm listening to songs I really enjoy I'll sing along in my head and it keeps all the superfluous crap from infringing on my swing. I have a tendency to hit bad shots when I can't/don't turn my brain off.

Orlimar Trimetal 10.5* Driver
M Speed LD M OS 5 Wood 18*
King Cobra 2 OS 3-PW
V-Foil MK5 Putter
D2 'Straight'Building my kit slowly.

if you need help on earbuds/cables, go to headfi.org. They are by far the most knowledgeable people on the web.

Don't remind me about head-fi. They are the cause of many turnovers of headphones in my past :)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I think being on the range with an iPod or any music would be too distracting for me.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Hm... what kinda music do you guy listen while you practice? Im afraid imma get adrenalize eveything time listen to music, that my tempo would be off playing a round. Its kinda like when i go jogging, when i listen to music i tend to run longer and faster, then i do without music.
In my Warbird Hot Stand Bag:

Driver: R9 420cc 9.5° stiff
3 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #3 Stiff
5 Wood: Burner 07 Fairway #5 Stiff3 Hybrid: Burner 08 Rescue #3 StiffIrons: MX-25 4-G Project X 5.5SW: CG12 STD bounce 56° Black PearlLW: CG12 STD bounce 60° Black PearlPutter: California...

Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!