IGNORED

How long have you been playing golf?

Replay
Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How long have you been playing golf?

• < 6 months
    • 6 months - 1 year
    • 1 - 2 years
    • 2 - 3 years
    • 3 - 4 years
    • 4 -5 years
    • 5 - 10 years
    • 10 - 20 years
    • 20+ years

I voted 2 to 3 years. Went out to a course with some friends just over 2 years ago and used someone else's clubs to see how I liked it. It was fun and so I bought myself a cheap starter set. I only played at a course and went to a range no more than a handful of times a year up until just a few weeks ago. Now it's range time on many of my days off from work and just bought a new set of clubs, something I can improve my game and grow into. Just took several lessons and got fitted for my new clubs. I'm excited! Now the waiting game.

This game really is fun.

In my Revolver:

Driver: Burner 09 9.5
3-wood: G15 3-Wood
Hybrid: G15 4-HybridIrons: G15 Irons 5-PW+UW+LWPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I played for about a year pretty casually, getting out maybe every couple of weeks and not really caring about working on my swing or anything. Then about a year ago I decided to get more serious about it and joined a club and started taking the odd lesson. Right now I'm trying to get as much golf in while I'm still a uni student before real life comes and gets me and I don't have as much spare time.

In terms of how long ago did I start, it's been probably 12 years. In terms of how many years have I actually played? I'm not even sure, but I do not think it has been the whole 12 years. Having actually played, I'm easily in the 5-10 group.

I voted 2 to 3 years. Went out to a course with some friends just over 2 years ago and used someone else's clubs to see how I liked it. It was fun and so I bought myself a cheap starter set. I only played at a course and went to a range no more than a handful of times a year up until just a few weeks ago. Now it's range time on many of my days off from work and just bought a new set of clubs, something I can improve my game and grow into. Just took several lessons and got fitted for my new clubs. I'm excited! Now the waiting game.

Welcome to the beige side!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Started at 10. My parents got into it and so did almost the whole family. Caddied for 3 years. Played on golf team grades 7-12. last 2 varsity. One year of Junior College golf. Played most of my adult life. Last 12 years I haven't played much, not at all in last 5. Had sworn it off. Started up 2 months ago and am having fun again, like when I was a kid. I'm 56. Hope I can play past 76.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

20+

Started going to the course with my dad at like 7 years old. I'd hit seven iron and putt. Played junior golf, played in high school, didn't play much at all through college. I played occasionally after college. I became a full-fledged addict at age 26. I'm 34.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Started summer 06. Quit and didn't play from jan 08 to jan 09. During 06 I played 6-10 hours almost every day, never got tired of it.

you're a + handicap and have only been playing for 3 years! wow... i must say, i am impressed. how'd you manage that? lessons?

I've been playing about 15 years now, off and on. was a + from my junior year in h.s. until i stopped playing in college for a few years. then i lived in europe and didn't play much there, not many courses in france. started playing again seriously last summer.

A year and a half...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Combined, I have been playing for 3 years. I started playing in '98, quit playing in '00 and started playing again in '08.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

you're a + handicap and have only been playing for 3 years! wow... i must say, i am impressed. how'd you manage that? lessons?

Well I played allot in that time! All the time to be exact, and a really good teacher got ahold of me and over the course of a month totally redid my swing. His name is David Lee.

And I really picked stuff up fast.

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

over 31 years...dam I'm getting old!

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Played when I was really young then stopped for years. Last year we went golfing for my Stag and I got hooked again. So this year has been a decent "rookie" year for me.

Hoping to get 3-4 more rounds in before the weather turns really foul and we get the fall rains.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I learned how to play golf back in the early 60's and did jr golf at our CC. Golfed for 4 yrs and then quit cuz I thought it was a wussy sport. Now that I have blown up my right knee and left ankle from skiing and rock climbing I've come back to golf. I was 53 when I started again, and have been at it for 7 years now. What a difference time makes. I really like the game now and am totally addicted.

Been playing for 34 years.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

October will make 3 years. I play 6 days a week.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!