IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Damon getting on base was nothing compared to having Jeter walk up there with 1st & 3rd nobody out...

I couldnt write this script better for the postseason.

Pettitte pitches in the clinching game in the New Yankee Stadium... and against, none other than Pedro Martinez. A-Rod caps it off with a game winning double in the 7th. Mo comes in for the 8th and 9th to win the World Series! You heard it here first!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire his career, but waiting for Pettitte to throw the ball in is like watching paint dry. Either way, the new Yankee stadium doesn't have the crowd noise of the old because they are getting the corporate fan. The guy that's on his cell phone, at the food court or the concession stand buying yet another commemorative cap. If the Yankees are behind, these guys will be on their way out of the park by the 8th inning just like they were Game 1.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I admire his career, but waiting for Pettitte to throw the ball in is like watching paint dry. Either way, the new Yankee stadium doesn't have the crowd noise of the old because they are getting the corporate fan. The guy that's on his cell phone, at the food court or the concession stand buying yet another commemorative cap. If the Yankees are behind, these guys will be on their way out of the park by the 8th inning just like they were Game 1.

And the Phillies crowd wasnt the same in game 4????

After Po hit the double... the place looked empty.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Either way, the new Yankee stadium doesn't have the crowd noise of the old because they are getting the corporate fan. The guy that's on his cell phone, at the food court or the concession stand buying yet another commemorative cap. If the Yankees are behind, these guys will be on their way out of the park by the 8th inning just like they were Game 1.

This is simply not true. The New Stadium is designed entirely different than the old stadium. This is why it does not seem as loud. When Arod homered off Nathan and Fuentes the place was pandemonium, when they clinched against the Angels and Matsui went yard against Petey, it was, too.

As for the corporate fan, they have always existed, especially during the playoffs. I've gone every year since 95 and can remember sitting to many TV personalities....in the upperdeck. TV networks and MLB account for nearly for 8000 tickets, per game. They give them to their sponsors and player's association, respectively. That's why an idiot like Willie Wilson lost his priviliges: he was caught scalping playoff tickets outside Yankee stadium. The place is still plenty loud. The noise does not last as long and that's due to the upperdeck not overhanging the field.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

The place is still plenty loud. The noise does not last as long and that's due to the upperdeck not overhanging the field.

I kind of agree with this. i was at game 2 in NY. At times the place got loud...plenty loud but for the most part I was suprised by how quiet it was. That was a big game for the Yanks and AJ threw real well...i guess i expected more on a steady level.

The Bank is certainly a louder place...i guess 26 titles can do a little bit to take the edge of though...I wouldn't know just speculating.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

This is simply not true. The New Stadium is designed entirely different than the old stadium. This is why it does not seem as loud. When Arod homered off Nathan and Fuentes the place was pandemonium, when they clinched against the Angels and Matsui went yard against Petey, it was, too.

How the sound echoes around the place may be somewhat different but not having patrons in their seat is the bigger difference and not having the real Yankee fan in the seat really hurts.

For example, they lost the bleacher creature. Those section used to be wild. The noise is coming in from right field and has nothing to do with the design of the park. Those fans aren't there any more. You could listen on the radio and hear the bleacher creatures chant each player's name before the player acknowledges them. That sort of noise and excitement is a thing of the past.

There are a lot of Phillies fans/rooters on here...

Damon has been a thorn in our sides, but before A-Rod could get to the plate, Teixeira would have to avoid making an out. And Mark the Money Bags came through, as he always does----------with a strike out! And A-Rod went to the showers, instead of home plate. So the Steinbrenners spent all that money on AJ and Teixeira, and what did they get for their investment last night? ZILCH, in capital letters. Money does NOT always buy success.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Money does NOT always buy success.

But it did buy them CC Sabathia and A-Roid and it looks like it bought them another World Series. Also, Teixeira has had a fine year and is a GREAT glove. Money well spent for that guy.

But it did buy them CC Sabathia and A-Roid and it looks like it bought them another World Series.

There is quite a bit of baseball to play before you are correct. Are you the favorite, yes...you do have an older pitcher throwing on 3 days rest, which he hasn't done in forever. In game 7 you would have your ace on 3 days again but...when was the last time he beat the phillies??

You may end up being correct but it is a long, long, long way from over!!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Damon has been a thorn in our sides, but before A-Rod could get to the plate, Teixeira would have to avoid making an out. And Mark the Money Bags came through, as he always does----------with a strike out! And A-Rod went to the showers, instead of home plate. So the Steinbrenners spent all that money on AJ and Teixeira, and what did they get for their investment last night? ZILCH, in capital letters. Money does NOT always buy success.

This is one of the most typical and stupid posts that I constantly read about the Yankees. "Money does not always buy success." Really? Wow, how fascinating! Any other wisdom you want to share? I keep reading how you're a diehard Redsox fan. Did you complain about money when they had the highest payroll of any World Series winner? Did you complain about money when they had only one, homegrown, everyday player when they won the WS in 2004? They had two in 2007 and still do. Every single position player, that starts, other than Pedroia and Youkalis, has come either via trade or free agency. Yet, the Yanks, at any given time, can have six and 15 of their 25 players on their roster came through the farm system. You can't say the same about your beloved Red Sox.

And that money spent on AJ and Tex is what put us in the WS. Funny, I did not read anything about AJ from you when he shut the Phils down in Game 2. Typical Sox fan: spouts off when the Yanks lose and can hear the sound of crickets when they win.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

This is one of the most typical and stupid posts that I constantly read about the Yankees. "Money does not always buy success." Really? Wow, how fascinating! Any other wisdom you want to share? I keep reading how you're a diehard Redsox fan. Did you complain about money when they had the highest payroll of any World Series winner? Did you complain about money when they had only one, homegrown, everyday player when they won the WS in 2004? They had two in 2007 and still do. Every single position player, that starts, other than Pedroia and Youkalis, has come either via trade or free agency. Yet, the Yanks, at any given time, can have six and 15 of their 25 players on their roster came through the farm system. You can't say the same about your beloved Red Sox.

Let us see---A J Burnett, CC Sabathia, and Mark Teixeira---were they on the Yankees last year? Did they come up from the farm system? I rest my case. The Yanks got to the World Series because of them, and Burnett and Teixeira let them down in Game #5. It is really that simple.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Yep we here in Ny are lucky that we have a owner that puts money into his team so that we allways have a compettive team.If the yanks are bad it is bad for baseball its that simple.People want them to come to play thier team so they can see Tex A Rod Sabathia ETC.Many teams count on the luxury tax that the Yanks pay.Lets see the Red Sox paid 100 millon for Matsusaki now don't that look like a great deal now?The Yanks have made some big Boners in the past also but outside of Irabu the Steinbrenners do not cry they just reload.Like I said We are lucky to have such an Owner.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

There is quite a bit of baseball to play before you are correct. Are you the favorite, yes...you do have an older pitcher throwing on 3 days rest snip ...

Lefty,

Actually I'm a Red Sox fan. The ctyankee is actually a literary reference as well as being a Connecticut Yankee. But if you want to kid me about being a Red Sox fan, I deserve it.

What did AJ do in game 2?? I cant remember???

What did Teix do all regular season? Gold glove, led the league in HRs. I think that was a little too much money... but the Yankees spent wisely this year. It sure seems money is buying success this year... make sure you check back in after tonight or tomorrow night.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid

Let us see---A J Burnett, CC Sabathia, and Mark Teixeira---were they on the Yankees last year? Did they come up from the farm system? I rest my case. The Yanks got to the World Series because of them, and Burnett and Teixeira let them down in Game #5. It is really that simple.

Funny how you did not answer any of my questions regaring money being spent nor bothered to read how I wrote that spending money on AJ and Tex was a good investment. Let's play a game called "Who's the owner?" A billionaire owner, who owns his own regional sports network, has a large fan base where he charges some ridiculous prices for tickets and food and won't committ to paying a proven All-Star player an additional $2 million per season yet proceeds to spend a good portion of the season bashing said player. Who could that be? Hmmm Yet, the same owner spends $50 million just to negotiate and another $50 million to sign a pitcher, someone who plays once a week, can't stay healthy and can't get out of the fifth inning, 70% of the time. Do you need more clues? Or do you just not want to play the game? I'm fully aware of the Yankees spending. The owner puts the money he makes from the team back into the team. Unlike yours, who then acts like a petulent child when things don't go his way. Be grateful that the previous ownership had the foresight and testicular fortitude to trade for, sign and pay big bucks to great players like Manny and Petey.

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Lefty,

LOL, all I saw was the Yankee part...my nieghbor is a member of the Sox fan club but we got him on board for this week!! What is the old saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend!! or something like that.

at least the Mets fans are being DP'ed this week!! That is something we can all agree to and be happy about!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Funny how you did not answer any of my questions regaring money being spent nor bothered to read how I wrote that spending money on AJ and Tex was a good investment.

What ever man...the fact that most of the free world hates the Yankees is partially due to jealousy and the fact you have had one of the biggest •••••••s in sports history as an owner (retired now) and the fact he did / does spend more then anyone else and the fact the New Yorkers tend to be the loudest blow hards eveywhere you go...face it you are not going to win any arguements here.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 5262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!