IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much noise from Yankee fans today. Go figger..

Its just one game chief! Just one game.

There are 6 more to go. That was one of the best pitched games in World Series history. As a Yankee fan, I tip my cap to Cliff Lee. Well done... but that doesnt mean the series is over by any means. The Yankees will have to face him in game 5... and not until game five!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

It was a great pitching duel. CC Sabathia was just a little off, and paid the price with those two pitches to Chase Utley. Lee successfully handcuffed A Rod and Teixiera. It is difficult for a team to win when their Big Gun---A Rod---goes hitless, and strikes out. Tonight's game should be very interesting. Yankee fans will be cheering loudly right from the get go.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

It was a great pitching duel. CC Sabathia was just a little off, and paid the price with those two pitches to Chase Utley. Lee successfully handcuffed A Rod and Teixiera. It is difficult for a team to win when their Big Gun---A Rod---goes hitless, and strikes out. Tonight's game should be very interesting. Yankee fans will be cheering loudly right from the get go.

I would say CC pitched decent at best. He was behind EVERY hitter and just battled his way through. He couldnt locate his breaking ball early in the game and that is what killed him.

I was shocked he only gave up 2 runs. I dont see the Yankee lineup being held in check like that anymore in the series! Should be a fun game tonight... Pedro back at Yankee stadium and a must win for the Yanks.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I heard the Yankee fans were leaving way before the end of the game. It's no wonder New York couldn't rally and at least get a couple points on the board.

Oh yeah..the name is Norm..not Chief.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

^^^ No! Posada and Jeter are botn much better than Ruiz and Rollins. Blasted Phils (Not Philly Mick) fans!!

Posada is not better than Ruiz thus far...he's just too old now. And Jeter does perform in the WS, but Rollins is much faster, much better defensively, and has more power. Jeter has a higher OBP and BA, and that's it.

I would say CC pitched decent at best. He was behind EVERY hitter and just battled his way through. He couldnt locate his breaking ball early in the game and that is what killed him.

I thought CC pitched well. Not great, but good. And I think Pedro will get rocked tonight.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

People who haven't watched the Phils all year don't realize how good they are...last night they went in to Yankee staduim, faced up against the ace of the staff and won...the best part, if you are a phillies fan, they didn't play their A game last night. Obviously Lee did but the rest of them can and will be better...I don't think the series gets back to NY.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

People who haven't watched the Phils all year don't realize how good they are...last night they went in to Yankee staduim, faced up against the ace of the staff and won...the best part, if you are a phillies fan, they didn't play their A game last night. Obviously Lee did but the rest of them can and will be better...I don't think the series gets back to NY.

Whoa...

Do you think the Yankees play like that all the time? Our ace was WAY WAY off of his game and he even admitted that. Our offense was putrid. The Yankees won 103 games... and do you think ANY of their wins came when they played as bad as they did last night??? Dont just talk about the team you follow if you dont follow the opponent as well.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid

Whoa...

I know plenty about the Yankees...the entire national sports media covers as if they are Gods. I have seen them play plenty...and they are overrated.

They can still be a tough squad, they can still be the World Champs and be overrated...hell if i didn't know better 24 hours ago I would have thought there was no point in playing series...the fact of the matter is with the way they have been hyped anything less then then winning a 5 games series and they would have been over rated!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

[QUOTE=Sanzabar;384901]Whoa...

The Yankees won 103 games... and do you think ANY of their wins came when they played as bad as they did last night???

QUOTE]

Yes I do...more then 1 of them!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

[QUOTE=Lefty-Golfer;384933]

Whoa...

Not even close... can you name another game where they struck out 10 times and didnt walk AT ALL??

They might have won games 1-0, but they certainly had chances in other games. They had 2 runners on base at the same time in 1 inning last night.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid

Posada is not better than Ruiz thus far...he's just too old now. And Jeter does perform in the WS, but Rollins is much faster, much better defensively, and has more power. Jeter has a higher OBP and BA, and that's it.

Boy, is there a divergence of opinion on how Pedro will pitch tonight. He is a crafty, veteran pitcher, and his last outing was incredible. I think he will do very well. If he can last 88-94 pitches and do well, that will be an accomplishment and the Phils powerful lineup will give him enough runs for "breathing space".

[QUOTE=Sanzabar;384936]

Not even close... can you name another game where they struck out 10 times and didnt walk AT ALL??

There is a big difference between playing bad and still winning and getting beat by a better team on a given night. Last night they didn't play that bad they were just beaten...by a team which on that night was better.

They didn't make errors, they didn't walk the house (except for the bull pen) but the game was already well under way...they just got beat. Sometimes you have to give the other guy credit. Doesn't really matter, we'll find out for sure in a week. I am leaving 20 minutes to jump in a Limo and head up the game!!! (obvious brag on that)!!!! so i don't have time to stay and argue.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

[QUOTE=Lefty-Golfer;384967]

There is a big difference between playing bad and still winning and getting beat by a better team on a given night. Last night they didn't play that bad they were just beaten...by a team which on that night was better.

Im not arguing... I tipped my cap to Cliff Lee. It was a stellar outing. But if anyone says the Yankees played good didnt watch the game. They were swinging at balls, they were falling behind in the count, CC was falling behind in every count. Thats not good baseball... sure they didnt make errors. But bad baseball goes beyond errors and walks.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid

That was freaking hilarious!!!

In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid

That was freaking hilarious!!!

Was he thinking of letting it drop and then throwing to second base? Was that an option? Was the infield fly rule in effect? It looked like a last second decision to catch it.

Note: This thread is 5264 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!