IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They could always go back and film their commentary later to fit their editing. They always cut away to them anyways and have them doing voice-overs so its not hard for them to edit it and make it seem as if its happening real time.

I saw that segment of the replay tonight. They didn't have Vince and Stephanie do any commentary on that shot. Instead they used Tony -- voice only, no picture -- saying 3 for a win, 2 for a tie, and 1 for a loss. And that audio of Tony could have been recorded at any time, not necessarily for this episode, and then inserted when they needed it.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dude with the gaucho mustache couldnt win in my sunday nasau...how is he still on that show?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

people might get annoyed with Andrew but.....i would play with him any days of the week i dont think he'll win but i think he will do well. i dont think erdman will be the next to go. Mike to win though

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

It was embedded, but he could have attempted to play it.

Please tell me you are kidding.....no way you are advancing that ball anywhere NEAR wher you want it to go. It wasnt like it was in a divot or it his own pitch mark......it was completely under the ground.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

^^^^

Agreed. There is embedded and there is embedded and with this you could only see the very top of the ball. Let's face it, if he HAD attempted to hit that shot and messed it up we would be all over him for such a stupid play.
You're correct, the better shot BY FAR was to layup. I've not said otherwise. The only point I've tried to make is that it should have been a easy shot. 225 carry with a 3 wood for a scratch+ golfer is nothing; even under pressure. The pressure did get to him and he ended up hitting a 3 wood about a 195 yards. He is not trying out for the high school golf team here, he's trying to get into a PGA Tour tournament. How does he think the pressure is going to be there if he (and the other guys) can't handle the Big Break?

Lee Trevino commented on the pressure of the PGA tour saying something like 'That's not pressure. Pressure is when you're betting someone 100 dollars and you only have 10 in your pocket.' My point being is that there is pressure at any level and if the situation is big to that player, that player may choke. Look at the last Ryder Cup event. The best golfers in the world and the first day, first event, first tee results? 40+ yard wide landing area in the fairway and it wasn't probably until the 5th group of foursome's teed off that anybody hit it. Tell me that isn't nerves.

Anytime someone is in a big situation they haven't been in or rarely are in ... nerves are a huge factor. It doesn't matter if it is the final day of Q-school or someone's first high school golf match. Heck, my first match as a freshman, the pressure got to me big time. But after that, it's not a big deal and consequently making shots isn't such a big deal. The same thing occurs on the PGA tour. As far as editing shots out of sequence. If that really is the case, that is amazingly low. It's suppose to be reality TV, not fiction. It's one thing to do some creative editing to highlight what the producer wants to highlight, it's quite another thing to INVENT things.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Please tell me you are kidding.....no way you are advancing that ball anywhere NEAR wher you want it to go. It wasnt like it was in a divot or it his own pitch mark......it was completely under the ground.

Yeah, I agree. I think they even said they spent like 15 minutes just looking for the ball. A plugged lie in the mud isn't like a plugged ball in the sand. Your chances of even moving the ball are slim, the chances of controlling where it will go if it does move are none, and the chance of hurting yourself is very good.

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Gipper has proved to everyone that distance doesn't matter (for those that didn't already know). Either him or Tony made a comment last night that he could hit a 9 iron 175 yards. That's awesome but not if you're hitting it all over the map.

Distance obviously isn't everything, but Gipper's shoulder is clearly bothering him.

Okay I was kidding.

Okay I was kidding.

You weren't kidding and you were absolutely correct. Let's just say I don't want the other posters making any probability decisions for me. They botched the heck out of this one if they think wobbling back to the tee was the correct play.

In a previous post I think I said it was 50/50 Mike makes 4 or 5 from behind the water. That was a poor call. I didn't realize he had to go all the way back to the original tee. No way he makes 4 anything close to 50% of the time. It's the equivalent of a birdie. By sulking back to the tee, Mike was essentially agreeing to 5, with outside chance of 4, and virtually the same chance of 6 as 4. So that means he basically has TWO swings at the embedded ball, to match anything he's likely to do with the 3rd shot from the original tee box. Sorry, that's not even a close call. If he gets it out and moves it six inches he's a favorite to better anything from the tee. The top of the ball was visible. The show said it took 2 minutes to find, not 15. And as a bettor I'll go under the 2 minutes, if there were actually a clock on it. I'm from Miami, am in Miami now, and have played Florida courses all my life. The unusual aspect was being on the hazard line. Otherwise there's nothing particularly bizarre about a partially buried lie near a water hazard, particularly in July, when this was filmed, the rainy season in Florida. I've had to hack the ball out many times, and it's doable. Admittedly, you're likely to end up with a partial mud ball but it's still the proper choice. If you played each situation 100 times I guarantee the lower score is playing the embedded ball. In fact, it's probably a case of needing to give 1/2 stroke to make it close to even. On edit: I forgot to add one thing: Part of the equation is Blake's situation. That's what makes Mike's choice so ludicrous. He's not dealing with a vague guess of what he needs to do. He's facing the necessity to make 3, and 4 at the worst. Even 3 wasn't guaranteed a tie with Blake. When you surrender one shot, on top of retreating 163 yards, in that situation it's like voluntarily diminishing your chances at least 25%. It was a significantly worse play, for example, than J.R. choice's to go for the green in two.

funny how Mike is starting to resemble his Brother Pat isn't it? I honestly think it's being used by him as a tool and isn't his true self out there on the course......but at this time I don't know who is worse, him or Blake.....(at least Mike has a game) Blake talks a good 1 if you ask me....hope he's next to go

Speaking of Disney, have you heard of this new academy near Disny called TGPIA? The have been an utter disaster to me and my friends. We are going down to disney this weekend and we were going to stop by to see him but he is very rude and is bad for golf.

If anyone knows of him, can you tell me why he's such a jerk?

Yea Blake needs to go, hes a little girl man. Andrew is cool, he doesnt needle anyone and he is always positive. Whats wrong with that??

I couldn't handle playing with Blake, I'd throw him in a pond by hole 3.

Mike is a baby too, I dunno if its the camera's being on them and being on tv or if these guys really are that immature....

Then again, Tiger acts the same way. The best in the world should not act like that (but thats another thread)

Oh and Erdman, he's off obviously, he is pushing EVERYTHING, I think if I were him, I'd aim left and just hit a fade until everything gets worked out.

Anyways, I enjoy the show, even if its a bit shady, its something to watch on Tuesday nights.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I was a fan of J.R. (until he got the boot). He was low key and just did was he was supposed to do.

If I saw Blake on a sidewalk, I'd like to punch him in the face. Oh and I'm sure James Nitties would be there, since they're great friends. Moore is ridiculous and needs to go. Guiliani is annoying, but he's not as bad as the whining from Moore and Perez.

Mike and Blake should go on a date.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I'm getting a little frustrated with this show. I've never seen so many whiners on one show before now. These guys need diapers and a pacifier. Definitely not PGA material. I've gotta think that Andrew is gonna be there right to the end and I agree that he always seems to be positive and he makes the shots when it counts. Not the bad guy that some have made him out to be.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

You weren't kidding and you were absolutely correct. Let's just say I don't want the other posters making any probability decisions for me. They botched the heck out of this one if they think wobbling back to the tee was the correct play.

It's fine to have an opposing viewpoint but if you want to be that way, then I don't want any weather related opinions from someone that thinks that Florida in July (mostly sunny days with a short shower that comes through around 4:30 p.m. like clockwork is some sort of "rainy season." Mmm-kay?

I've had to hack the ball out many times, and it's doable. Admittedly, you're likely to end up with a partial mud ball but it's still the proper choice. If you played each situation 100 times I guarantee the lower score is playing the embedded ball. In fact, it's probably a case of needing to give 1/2 stroke to make it close to even.

You're ignoring the reality that if someone doesn't think they can hit a shot, they are probably right. Your 'likely' scenario is quite feasible but has him on the green in 3 in both situations. If I don't think I have that shot, I'm going back to the tee where I'll take my chances trying to make a putt for a 4. I would agree that going for the miracle shot has more upsides but it ignores:

a. Hurting oneself badly on a risky shot, he has little experience with. b. He's not going to end up on a Youtube video under the title "Mike is a dumba$$ :)

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

That ball was not embedded or plugged, it was UNDERGROUND. He could barely get it out by hand. He would have needed a backhoe to swing that out of there. Not only could he have easily risked something crazy (double-hit and/or backwards into the water), he would brought on the serious risk of busting a club and/or a body part.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Note: This thread is 3687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!