IGNORED

The New Taylor Made Raylor

Duffy
Note: This thread is 5245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

WOW!!! What a great trouble club. While I've only play two rounds with the club I've been heartily impressed. Out of the rough shots are spectacular. So far I've had four deep rpough shots all onto the green. I expect that my handicap will fall with this club as one of my major problems was heavy rough. I highly recomend this piece of equipment.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

To be honest with you, I haven't hit it from the fairway. I bought the club for trouble shots. I'm going out today and will try it off the fairway and report back.

Duffy,

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

looks to be a great club, unfortunately i just bought the Titleist 909 H 21 degree so i won't be able to get this one, although i hope i can try it sometime next year at the taylormade demo day

You are not supposed to hit it from the fairway, it is for deep rough.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

You are not supposed to hit it from the fairway, it is for deep rough.

I think you are mistaken, here.

Who is gonna dedicate a slot in their bag for a "deep rough long iron replacement club"??
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I think you are mistaken, here.

No it is made for the rough. for those long second shots on par four/fives if you manage to miss the fairway.

http://www.pga.com/2009/equipment/ir...lor/index.html this is something I definetly could use. haha.

In my 2010 TMX Staff Bag
r9 SuperTri 9.5 Driver
r9 #3 Fairway Wood
r9 #5 Fairway wood
Burner Plus Irons (3-PW) w/ Graphite shafts 54*/60* Wedge Newport 2 Studio Select Pro V1s

I agree with Dub, why would you dedicate a slot in your bag to lies in the rough only? Regardless, I hit my nike 4h off the tee, off the fairway, from the rough, wherever. It's quickly becoming my favorite club. I'm debating whether or not to replace my 4 iron with a 5h.

As the link above notes, the club can be used from the fairway.

Not to rain on the parade, but while it looks like a nice club it doesn't appear to be much different than a TM V-Steel 7 wood I play, 21*.

And being an inch longer, I think that makes the club worse. In the rough it's more difficult to make solid contact with the ball. Increasing the shaft length doesn't help in my opinion.

TW

The Raylor is a copy of a very famous club
http://www.ginty.com/theorig.htm
I carried a knock off for a long time. What they do in the deep rough is so amazing that I gladly carried one. Of course I always carried as many clubs as I wanted.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
Early Titelist Cavities

I hit the 4 hybrid at Golf Galaxy and it hit fine off of the mats. But the mat be a little more forgiving than regular ground. I loved hitting them. The ball just flew off of the face.
Driver- SuperTri 9.5*
Wood- 906 F2 13*
Hybrids- Rescue TP 17*
Irons(4-PW)- R9 TP w/ KBS Tour
Wedge-ZTP 52* w/ KBS Tour Wedge-58* VokeyPutter- Studio Select New Port 2 Mid-SlantBall-TP Black/Red

whoevers post a couple ahead is correct.. its main design is to get you out of the rough easier than a fairway wood or a hybrid would. the design is so that the bottom point of it cuts through the rough allowing more solid contact with the ball to the face... its not that farfetched to have a club mainly for the rough(all though, yes you can use it in the fairway) its just like saying why would you have a club mainly to get out of the sand, or why would you have a club to get lob it over a hazard. makes good sense imo

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

My Ginty knockoff, same as a Raylor... magic. My point of showing the old club is that the Raylor is pretty expensive and with some effort a person could probably find some old version for next to nothing.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
Early Titelist Cavities

I remember the Ginty. My brother had one and he always carried it in his bag. But to more important things, As I promised, I used my Raylor in the fairway almost exclusively yesterday and it's a gret fairway hybrid. I felt no difference between my Raylor and my Nike CPR in the fairway. You guys are also correct that the club is designed specificcally for getting out of the rough But the club will stay in my hybrid slot.

Duffy,

I am glad to hear it played well on the fairway. I think I should replace my 22* #4 rescue with one. Thanks for buying one and telling us about it.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
Early Titelist Cavities

• 2 months later...
I am pretty sure my wife is getting me the 22* for Christmas. I play from the rough quite often and this club "spoke" to me. I also have a Fybrid for when I do manage to get into the fairway.

In my RJ bag:

Burner '07 10.5*
Burner '07 3 wood
R7 CGB Max 5 wood Fybrid 19.5* Raylor 22* hybrid Di7 5i-gw FX 55* wedge Tiffany 35" h/s putter

I don't usually do "trouble clubs" but i have a Raylor floating around the shop... I'll just have to wait till May... (best case scenario) to even swing a club... I have to learn how to walk again... If my damn pelvis ever heals... PM me I'll explain it...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!