IGNORED

What is the handcap of shooting in the mid 90's?

Zack
Note: This thread is 5300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This was my first year playing and usually shot in the mid 90's. I never kept any score cards so I can't calculate it. Does anyone know what a rough estimate would be of someone shooting in the mid 90's? I tried googling it but could not find a number, ha ha.

Thanks.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

A 95 would be about a 23 or 24 on most courses. It depends on what par is for the course. If it's a Par 70 and you shoot a 95 every time it would be 25. Par 71 shooting a 95 would be 24 and so on. A handicap just tells you how many shots over par you are on average per 18 holes.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

A handicap just tells you how many shots over par you are on average per 18 holes.

actually a handicap is what your best round should be relative to the course rating.a par 72 course might be rated anywhere from 64 to 80.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Once spring comes around, I am going to start keeping all the scorecards and get my handicap dialed in.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

My typical round is from 90-95 but I have shot an 89 and 87. My handicap hovers around a 16.9-17.1. I think in order to be the most accurate you have to have 5 rounds logged.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have another question similar to this - sometimes signs for holes will say par 5 then underneath that it will say handicap 15 - what does that number mean? it varies greatly from hole to hole - one will be like 4 and another will be in the teens. Is that just the slope rating broken out by hole?

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

the handicap on the hole is how it is ranked 1-18. If your playing a hole and its ranked #1 handicap, its the hardest hole on the course, vise versa for #18 handicap.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the handicap on the hole is how it is ranked 1-18. If your playing a hole and its ranked #1 handicap, its the hardest hole on the course, vise versa for #18 handicap.

Never knew that! Thanks

Figuring out your golf handicap is a little like trying to figure out a QB passer rating. Here are the steps:
1- Take an average of your most recent 5 scores(18 holes)
2- Subtract the course rating from your average score
3- Multiply that number by 113
4- Divide that number by the slope of the course
5- Multiply that number by 0.96 and you will have your handicap

You can do this for each of your most recent 5 rounds individually or as an average.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

Figuring out your golf handicap is a little like trying to figure out a QB passer rating. Here are the steps:

Is there an official way to calculate handicap if you only play 9 holes ?

very well put

Omega V cart bag

Driver- i15 9.5 degree UST AXIVCORE 69 S

Woods- big berthaIrons- MP-32 s300 shaftsWedges54* Vokey56* Spin Milled Vokey60* Mp SeriesPutter-Pro PlatinumBalls- ProV1

Close but not true. It is actually the #1 hole is the hole that a high handicapper would most likey need strokes on compared to a low handicapper. The odd handicap amd even hadnicap holes are split between the front and back of the course.

The course has to collect scores from high handicappers and low cappers to figure it all out. Here is a few notes about what I am talking about : http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_112366873/ http://www.ncga.org/handicap/strokehole.php
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

1- Take an average of your most recent 5 scores(18 holes).

This is the correct formula, but an "official" handicap is made up from your last 20 rounds of 18 holes where the 10 lowest differentials (scores that have been run through the above calculation) are then averaged and that number is multiplied by .96. Most handicap trackers ("Scorecard" is one you can download from here that will do all this for you) will generate a handicap after 5 scores but that handicap probably will change after you get the full 20 scores logged. 20 scores gives you a much broader sample base to accurately base you potential from, which is what a handicap is, a measure of your potential to score.

You can use 9 hole scores to generate your handicap too. You would match up each 9 hole score with the next one sequentially. Courses will provide you the course ratings and slopes for each 9 (they aren't always the same). Given the rating and slope for each 9 hole score you would then add the 2 scores together (and the 2 9's don't even have to be from the same course), add the two ratings together, average the 2 slopes (add them together and devide by 2), and that will give you the numbers you need to determine what your differential is for the 2 nine hole scores. That differential is then added to your index of differentails and become part of that calculation which is your handicap. Usually courses don't provide the 9 hole ratings and slopes on their score card (so do some don't) but all you have to do is ask the course pro or knowledgable person in the pro shop and they can provide it.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Based on this, I may have to get a real handicap... I just guessed at mine. I uusually shoot high 80's, low 90's, with an 83, a couple of 84's and 85's thrown in there for good measure. Then again, I even those out with an occasional 97-98 also, depending on my putter.

My typical round is from 90-95 but I have shot an 89 and 87. My handicap hovers around a 16.9-17.1. I think in order to be the most accurate you have to have 5 rounds logged.

Another interpretation of the question.
Your ability to beat your handicap by several strokes on any given day handicaps low index guys from being able to beat you in tourneys!

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Or you just sign up for a handicap service on line and they do it for you.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Close but not true. It is actually the #1 hole is the hole that a high handicapper would most likey need strokes on compared to a low handicapper. The odd handicap amd even hadnicap holes are split between the front and back of the course.

Correct. It's amazing how many golfers don't know that. They come up to the number one handicap hole and assume it's the toughest hole against par on the course. The only thing you can really take away from it is:

1. That when compared to single digit handicap golfers versus higher handicap golfers that particular hole has the largest differential on the front nine. I think that the USGA course handicap system is an antiquated joke. Most golfers whether they play in a league or just in their weekend match - they play against golfers of comparable ability. Not always, but this is more often the way. Yet, they are competing against net scores based on something that is apples and oranges to how matches are flighted. This leaves the USGA system as useful only when single digit handicappers have cash matches against 26 handicappers. Is that really how most of us play golf? For example, at my course the 17th hole is the number 2 handicap hole. It's a pretty easy par 5 that gives higher handicap golfers trouble because they choke on the approach shot over the water to the green. For a single digit handicapper, this hole involves bunting your second shot down to clear the dogleg and then wedging into the green. So, if someone were giving me 2 shots in a match, I'm getting one here - which is a total joke. Naturally, any group can come up with their own course handicap approach so they can avoid these issues.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Note: This thread is 5300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!