IGNORED

What's your preshot routine

maraca2020
Note: This thread is 5297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pick a target, line up on the ball, take a step back and take a practice swing. Step back up to the ball and hit it.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

i usually do the following setup to a shot

before i even reach my ball ive thought about what kind of shot i want to do.

what club ill be using etc

so...ill have club in hand and stand behind the ball..and visualize the ball flying through the air and landing where i want...i try to pick the smallest target possible.

i then try to line my shot up with something in the foreground..a leaf or a stick or anything....i line up as if i am going to take my shot and do one warm up swing, nice and easy.

i always put the club behind the ball and aim it...then i position my feet properly...and let her fly.

in my warm up swing i really concentrate on swinging properly...all the way through

i need to work on my writing..lol

Pick a target, line up on the ball, take a step back and take a practice swing. Step back up to the ball and hit it.

When you step back into the ball, do you doublecheck your alignment? Taking that step back, then forward, could throw off your alignment, and it only takes an inch or two at your body to send your ball YARDS offline 100+ yards away.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

The process varies alot depending on how I feel.

Here are some of the most basic thing I do:

On the tee
Usually I always try to understand how the hole plays (doglegs, elevations, slopes...). Then I try to figure out a way to play away from trouble and try to adjust my shot shape to what I want to do. Since I've started doing this I've hit about 1/2 more fairways per round even though I have about 5-10 more yards to the hole. Remember, the shortest way is not always the best way to get to the hole.
After visualizing everything I want to visualize, I take 2 practice swings and just play the shot.

When on the fairway/rough
It is basically the same thing as when I'm on the tee. But the truth is that you need to know the EXACT distance so you don't fall on traps and " sudden brain deaths ". Then, you have to read the green from wherever you are. Not seeing the details like when you are putting, but more have a feel for the way the green slopes, so that you play your shot to the place where you feel like you can make the putt. For me, I always try to have an uphill left to right putt. Then, see the shot, take 2 practice swings and hit it.

Putting
I only read the green behind the ball. I start reading the green from the hole to my ball, imagining a white line as where I want my ball to go (like that stuff the tv producers have when they are telecasting a tour event). I get to the ball, aim my ball to where it has to start. Then I check if everythings okay, walk up to the ball, take 2 practice swings, look at the line I imagined, place the putter behind the ball, and bum! back of the hole (most of the times)

The truth is that, if you focus on the routine every single time, you will get in the zone easier, faster, more often and you will take more pleasure ot of your golf game!!!

Good luck finding something that works for you!

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

------------------
As I approach my ball, I try to do a Nicklaus-style "go to the movies" and visualize what my next shot will look like.
------------------

Plant my stand bag OR hit brakes on cart; take out club to match distance.

Make sure it's my ball.

Check alignment from behind ball, find aiming spot.

Take stance, heels together, then in quick succession...
* Align and grip club
* Spread feet for stance, and exhale
* Waggle to relieve tension

Take it away and follow through

+++++++++++++++++++++++
I have discontinued practice swings for full open shots. Use programming swing for partials or unusual shots. For partials, I can often practice them at the side of the fairway while someone else hits, and then step up and hit mine.

I have my worst days on setups when my cart partner can't seem to hit the ball more than 100 yards at a time. Then, it's up to me to make up for his lost time.

I had one guy get upset on hole #12 and quit. I hit my drive, gave him a ride back to the clubhouse 600 yards away, and then came back to hit my shot. Took me two holes to back in sync. Should have removed his bag and made him walk back!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I walk behind, pick landing zone, and here's the funny part. I tap the club on the ground twice as I step up to line-up my feet for the shot. Then I whack it.

Got no idea where the double tap came from but it is something that happens unconsciously.

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

Note: This thread is 5297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!