IGNORED

A moment of silence for a friend

iacas
Note: This thread is 5340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I lost a friend, Vinay, today in a motorcycle accident. He and I hadn't talked much in the past few years, but a friend is a friend.

Nobody here knew the guy very well, I'm sure, so I ask that you take a moment to consider your friends. Tell them the next time you talk to them how much you appreciate having them in your life. Hug them if it's appropriate.

If Vinay can have that as one of his last impacts on the people of this world, I'm sure he'd be pleased.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry to hear about your friend.

That's the main reason why I wouldn't buy a streetbike myself. I'd love to ride one, I love speed. But, I've never riden nor do I know how to ride a bike. I think to be a good/safe rider I'd have had to start as a young kid.

Again, my regrets.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Sorry to hear it, Erik.

As a rider myself, this serves as a reminder.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

I'm sorry for your loss friend. I lost my brother in late July. I know it is tough to lose someone close. We are here for ya if you need anything.

MP-37s 2-PW (S-300 shafts)
R5 Dual 7.5* (VistaPro 70 S)
Original Steelhead 3 wood (VistaPro 80 S)
56* MP "T" Series Black Nickel
52* MP Series Raw Black Oxide Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1 X

...so I ask that you take a moment to consider your friends. Tell them the next time you talk to them how much you appreciate having them in your life. Hug them if it's appropriate...

Genuinely sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you.

Good advice for everyone I think. Friends, relatives, anyone we value...life's all too fleeting.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

My dad has a close friend that was diagnosed with ALS. The only thing harder than losing a friend is watching one fade away with nothing to do about it but try to live each day as much as he can. He and a group of mutual friends are doing everything they can to check off most of his bucket list. Coolest thing I have ever seen a group of old guys do. As of last week all 8 of them have played Pinehurst, scuba dived and sky dived. Not sure whats next but this tragic diagnosis is making this group friends live like they have never lived before.

Sorry for your loss. I'm guessing he was a young man?

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• Administrator
Sorry for your loss. I'm guessing he was a young man?

Yes, he was 29.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

father died in a motorcycle crash as well ... understand how you're feeling. I'm sorry for your loss

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

• Administrator
I appreciate everyone saying what they're saying (typing), but I feel weird being the object of "sorry for your loss." I can't quite explain it, but "my loss"? That seems selfish to me. A guy lost his life - his loss trumps mine.

I hope that doesn't come off as rude to anyone. It just feels awkward or somehow wrong to feel like I'm the one who's lost something here. I mean, I get the reality that I no longer have a friend today that I had yesterday morning, but... that just seems... petty? Small? Insignificant? I don't know. Maybe I just suck at grieving?

I feel very insecure about even sending this because I can't quite explain the feeling I get, and I'm hoping that, despite past experiences trying to say something in typed words that I know I can't explain very well in typed words being taken the wrong way, that this time it's taken the right way.

Again, please just honor my pal, my friend, by saying the things you think but rarely say to your friends, loved ones, etc. I'm okay - I'm still alive and grateful for that, and am extra grateful for the friends that remain, while at the same time saddened by the loss of one.

And if I've failed completely at getting even a piece of what I mean across, please again know I'm grateful for everyone's well wishes and don't mean to convey otherwise.

Your intitled to feel how you like and I can understand how you feel. True your friend lost his life. At a young age which always bothers me to hear. You did lose something and that something was a friend. No shame in feeling the way you do.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!