IGNORED

How fast for a solo round?

jdjanda
Note: This thread is 5276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So 18 holes, playing solo, no course traffic, how long? I drive by a course on the way into work, most mornings there is little to no traffic on the course during the week. I've been tempted to pull in and play a quick round.

I'd would be great if they had a 9 hole option.

With a cart, about 1hr 45mins. Walking is about two hours. This allows a couple practice swings and no rushing.

You sure drive slowly

Time depends on the type of course. A flat course alone 18 holes is 2 hours provided no need for searching balls. A hilly course would be 10-20 minutes more. And this is by foot with a carry bag.

Walking I can easily play 9 in an hour and 15 minutes, and double that for 18. That is on a very walker friendly course. I've walked 9 in an hour but that is beginning to get a bit rushed for my taste. I've never played by myself and rode so I don't know how fast I would play like that. I do know guys who can play 18 riding in under 2 hours. The guys I know who want to play as fast as possible always make sure they are the first ones off.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I agree. Two hours for 18 holes is very doable.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

A wide open muni - 18 holes is walkable in UNDER 2 hours.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

A wide open muni - 18 holes is walkable in UNDER 2 hours.

When I started playing (1980s) playing a classic course meant for walking (every tee box a stone throw from the previous green - typically an older course not threaded through the desert and/or condos) that standard time for a round with a foursome with handicaps of 18 or better, playing ready golf, was 10 minutes per hole. Three hours.

Cut off about 20 minutes per person to hit a target of 2 hours for a single. I've played sub 2 hour 18 holes rounds on foot (as a single) a few times. you have to hit it in play and keep moving. I've played with people who saw it as an afront to take any longer than 1 hour per 9 - no matter how busy the course or how you're hitting the ball - not as fun as it sounds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've played 18 riding in 2 hours flat. Walking probably 2 1/2 depending on the course.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I just played last Monday as a solo rider. For 18 holes, it took me 2 hours and 30 minutes. It took longer because my practice round included hitting 2 balls on some tee shots and some approach shots. My home course is relatively-flat but I'm also a short knocker.

I've played with people who saw it as an afront to take any longer than 1 hour per 9 - no matter how busy the course or how you're hitting the ball - not as fun as it sounds.

At the muni I play there are a bunch of regulars who always go off first and play 18 (riding) in around an hour and a half. I've played with them before (I rode, that was the only way I could play and keep up) and it's really not much fun. You're going so fast there is nothing relaxing or enjoyable about the round. Everything is hurry up and get to your ball and hit it; tee off jump in the cart and go; size up your putt quickly and pull the trigger. While I don't like a slow round either you can take it too far in the other direction and you're just going through the motions. I suppose for me the ideal round is around 3 hours (maybe a little shy of that). That means I'm taking my time, but I'm not having to wait; I'm walking at a brisk pace, but when I get to the ball I set my bag down and collect myself for the shot. I can see where a low capper playing alone and riding in a cart can play 9 in a half an hour and enjoy it, but to play that fast you have to ride otherwise you'd be too winded to play.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Ive walked 18 in around 2 and 1/2 hours a few times. But the course I did this on is only 6400 yards from the back, and all of the tee boxes were less than 100 yards from the previous green. So that kind of makes it easy to move quick.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I played 18 on monday solo, walking/carrying and on a relatively short course (5800 from the yellows, I guess that's the blues for you guys? I have no idea) it took me 3 hours at a good pace. This course is pretty hilly, and there's a lot of to-and-fro between holes. I took a 10 minute breather at the turn, and I did have to wait for the guy in front of me more than once, but I'd say in optimal conditions if I just piled through it'd be about 2h30 to walk. Ish~

As a walker, if the course is really open. I find it VERY difficult to take more than 1:45 per nine. That's about as slow as I can possibly play. I've never really tried to just speed through for no reason for a whole 9, but I can't see it going faster then about 1:15/1:00 on the course I play. For me the sweet spot is at about 1:30 per nine... and if the weather is nice, then a little faster.

In a cart, it should be very easy to get in a one hour or less 9 holes and still have a fun and relaxing time.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I can get round my home course in 2 and a half hours walking by myself. Usually I take longer though cause when I'm out there by myself and it's not busy I usually take the opportunity to hit a few extra approaches or chips, and sometimes I'll play two balls.

I don't see how it is possible to walk a course in less than 2 and half hours. Around here it is hilly. I usually walk 9 in right around 1.5 hours and not rushing, just hitting and going. No practice.

In a cart, I can play 9 right at an hour.

Brian

Easy 2 hours, maybe a bit less with a cart........no stress at all. Walking, add another 20 or 30 minutes, but I'm old and slow.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!