IGNORED

How many putters do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 5216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently three:

Odyssey TriHot #1 (34")
TM Rossa Sebring (35")
Yes! Natalie (34")

Currently using the Natalie, but none of them work worth a damn right now. Perhaps I need another ...

In the bag:
Driver: 8.5 deg Titleist 905S w/ Fujikura Pro 95 S-flex
3-wood: 14.5 deg Titleist 975F w/ DG X-100
Hybrid: 19 deg Cleveland Halo w/ DG X-100
Irons (4-PW): Taylor Made X-300 FCI Prototype w/ Rifle Flighted 6.5Wedges: 52.08, 56.14, 60.04 deg Titleist Vokey Black Nickel FinishPutter: Yes!...

Scotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant Pro Platinum
Ping Pal

I used the Ping for 12 years then replaced it with the Scotty last Spring. I love the thing and don't know if I will ever switch. I kept talking about replacing the Ping and every time I gave it serious thought, it would start making everything in sight. Finally I got a deal too good to pass up for the scotty and I jumped at it. The Ping has been in the garage ever since.

There was one other time that I had a different putter. During my tenure with the Ping. Somehow I left a 30 foot put 15 feet short and it's shaft snapped over my knee. Unfortunately with that particular version of Ping putter you can't just heat up the head and pull the shaft. There is a ball bearing inside the head that helps hold it steady. I had to have Golfsmith reshaft it for me and it was down for a week. One of my clients owned an online golf store and she had a Lynx putter sitting around. I used it for two rounds and I couldn't miss. When I got the Ping back I was hessitant to put it back in the bag at first. However, we made ammends and I think it learned it's lesson. I putted great for a while and gave her back the Lynx. I did have to re-educate the Ping a few times after that. I had to toss it into a pond one time. It only went in about a foot. I fished it out with my wedge and I proceeded to take 5 putts total over the remaining 4 holes.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

geez... you need help man

No I'm fine now, have been using the same putter for the last 15 years, all of the other ones on the list date back to the 10 year period before my current one. If you do the maths I went through 40 or 50 putters in 10 years, not too bad really, only 4 or 5 a year.

See, there really is hope out there for you putter ho's, keep going and eventually you will find the right one!

Currently three:

what is a "Yes! Natalie" ?

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

I currently have nineteen although I have been using the same one continuously for the last 15 years. All of the others predate this one, I probably should put them on ebay as they are just sitting in a cupboard.

geez thats almost as many total clubs that i have. btw, what does the "AGU" mean next to your handicap index?

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Scarlett Johansson. Oh boy. Sorry.

I almost pulled the trigger on another Scotty today, but for some reason, opted for the ability to buy groceries instead.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

Used a Never Compromise Speed Control number 1, but then I came across a Ping Eye 53 that I feel like it might never leave my bag. Putting was never my strength, but after finding this putter, it has given me a new level of confidence were I feel like I could make almost every putt.

Adams RPM 430Q, 9.5 Aldila 65NVS
Cobra F speed 3 wood
Nike CPR 5-PW
Cleveland 900 series 52 degree wedge
Titleist Oil Can Spin Milled 58 degree wedge (freaking sweet, go get one)

I have four (in my bag and at home) right now:

Wilson 8802
Scotty Cameron Newport II (Black Gun Metal)
Odyssey Two-Ball
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3 (in the bag)

I don't think I'll be switching off the Circa 62 any time soon. Love it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scarlett Johansson. Oh boy. Sorry.

Dang, I hate inflation.........keeps me from buying all the golf stuff I need. Gasoline drives me up the wall and now the Alaska thing is going to make it go higher.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

geez thats almost as many total clubs that i have. btw, what does the "AGU" mean next to your handicap index?

AGU = Australian Golf Union, it's our official ruling body down here.

And you've reminded me to update my handicap details, lost .7 in the last month :)

I don't think I'll be switching off the Circa 62 any time soon. Love it.

How easy/difficult is the upkeep on the Circa 62? I've heard questions on the durability of the finish...

• Administrator
How easy/difficult is the upkeep on the Circa 62? I've heard questions on the durability of the finish...

Read through

this thread for more on that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love this putter. I have the No. 1 and the No. 5 and they look and feel amazing. Having said that, it is not the easiest club to take care of. But, I would not let that discourage you from owning one. Keep your headcover on during play and whipe it off before you put it back in the cover, just like any other club. It's when you get it home that the up-keep tends to be more than normal, but not bad at all. Wipe it down w/ 3 in 1 oil, or baby oil, and store it w/ out the headcover. Thats it. Just keep it inside, in a climate controled environment. I do this w/ all of my putters anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all. But, if you never wipe down your clubs and leave them in the trunk of your car, then maybe the Circa isn't for you. Personally, I don't mind at all.
In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

Current list:

Let's go ahead and add another one:

6) Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Urgh. It's a sickness.

Let's go ahead and add another one:

someone isnt eating this month.. hahaha

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

Note: This thread is 5216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!