IGNORED

Driver 2009!!

Quinn07
Note: This thread is 5267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Did you purchase a new 2009 Driver this seaon and how did it stack up?

• Loved it! Staying in the bag for sure!
    • Alright, no better than my last one.
    • Didn't buy a new one, sticking with ol'faithful!

Just wondering who bought a new 2009 driver this summer and how they thought it held up compared to your previous driver.

I purchased the FT-9 this summer and have never hit the ball so badly. Mainly the terrible swing I had this summer so I won't fault the club. So I am going to try and play with it this summer and see how I fair.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

i bought my nike sumo 5000 in february and have loved it, except for the fact that i completely blew out the shaft

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Bought the 09 burner, didnt hit it very well, guess it just wasnt for me.. so traded that in after about a month and now have the hibore xls and am liking it alot.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I bought a FT-9 and have never hit so many fairways.More than worth the price and I recieved a FT--3 wood free to boot

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Cleveland HiBore XLS 10.5* reshafted with Aldila NV 65R, is my dream driver. I still struggle with it on occasion. It's sorta like being married, you love each other and learn to work things out. My previous driver was a Callaway Steelhead 10* that was in the bag for almost 10 years.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

didn't purchase a driver in 09. i started playing in October last year and got a Wilson beginner set. I have upgraded all of my clubs (my 710 AP2 got here today) but the driver and three wood. I will upgrade to a Titleist 909 D2 this spring when there's a Titleist demo day at my club. I'm fairly happy with my current driver although the shaft is too soft for me.

Yes tried a 909d2 that had been traded in at my club and liked it but knew the shaft was incorrect for me (voodo regular) so I went and got fitted and as I was struggling with launch angle I was fitted for a 909 D comp and still get some lowish launch angles out of it but I also get some perfect ones. I make a lot of fairways with it and it is very forgiving. Funny thing is I never see anyone else using one?

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

Just wondering who bought a new 2009 driver this summer and how they thought it held up compared to your previous driver.

Hi! I?m interested in this subject. I've started playing but no idea how to chose a good clubs set. I've been told that there's a Chinese brand named Koala,(for me, for hit the ball for first time it would be the same ) but I don't know if it's good or no. please, could someone help me telling me how is this brand?Thank you!

I got the LV4 this year.
I don't know if it's a early 2009 or late 2008 club though.

I love it and hit it far and straight

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Bought an FT-9, went back to my FT-5.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

got me the i15 yo! great club great club. replaced my g10. it's stayin in my club for sure!
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

got me the i15 yo! great club great club. replaced my g10.

hmmmm? i guess its a good thing your club is staying in itself? lol

I bought a Wilson Spine - it's decent in length and is easier to keep straight. Once you get past the noise (not so bad when you hit the sweet spot) it's a good club at a great price.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I build my own golf clubs, so I built several drivers this year, and finally settled on a Purefit DC tour. It is a 400CC pear shaped driver at 10.5 loft and 1.5 degrees closed face. I matched it to a New Image shaft and made it 44.5 inches long. I like the driver alot, except the last 18 I played (last one for the season I fear) I put a skymark on it, when I made a really bad swing on the ball. oh well, such is life.

I will inevitably build a new driver (or 3) next summer, and have my eye on a few integra heads and sk fibre shafts.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I've had my Adams Tech A4 for a couple of months, and I still grin when I think about hitting it. It's easier for me to hit than some of the GI drivers that use "easy to hit" as a selling point. It's long, straight, sounds way better than my old Mizzy 560, and looks like a million bucks. They are dirt cheap right now too.

In my Costco stand bag:

Tech A4 9015D 10.5 w/stock stiff Matrix Ozik
F60 16.5 4 wood w/stock stiff Exsar
Pro Gold 18* and 23* hybrids w/ Matrix Ozik reg J36 PC 5-PW Project-X Rifle flighted 5.0 CG14 52*, 56*, and 60* standard bounce Island Series Antigua AD333

Bought R9 second hand and haven't been able to hit it well until a week ago i used to hit it 200 yrds top i hit it that the other day it was freezing so in dubai like where European Tour is just now that would have went well further love it too bits now

Bought R9 second hand and haven't been able to hit it well until a week ago i used to hit it 200 yrds top i hit it that the other day it was freezing so in dubai like where European Tour is just now that would have went well further love it too bits now

not much further.. maybe like 20-30 yds max.

Note: This thread is 5267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!