IGNORED

My Swing (uttexas)

uttexas
Note: This thread is 4025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All divots left to right. All ball flights right to left
PW, 7i, then 4H down the line
7i and 4H face on
apologize for lack of editing

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

While I know a lot of the aspects of the S&T; swing, I don't practice it or claim to be an expert so I'll let others more knowledgeable chime in.

Two things I see:

1. Need to work on balance. You're not able to hold your finish position without falling off balance (on the swings that I watched; didn't watch them all).

2. You seem to be choking down really far (almost to the metal). Any specific reason for that?

• Administrator
Quick comments (tough to tell from the one view):

- Your club appears to be too short.

- Camera angle is not perfect, so that throws off any analysis a little bit. It's a bit too much towards the ball.

- Top of the swing:
a) severely cupped left wrist
b) right elbow separating from the body
That's why your club points so far to the right, well off the plane. You could probably could hinge the club up a bit earlier in your backswing... and work on tweaking a and b.

- The "sag and push" move that it seems like you're doing is probably because you're not really doing the hard push through with the hips. Tough to tell from this angle, and it could partly be the club length, but your left leg should be pretty straight (you "spring up" off the ground) when the club or your arms get parallel after impact... your left knee is still bent through your entire follow-through.

- You get your right hip high nicely on the backswing. You could probably even do it a little more (a little more rotation). Might help with b above. Straighten the right leg a little more (don't go "fully straight" - just lessen the bend a little more on the backswing to help rotate the right hip back more... you seem to be about 20° when 45 or so is ideal).

- You're consistent from club to club, which is good - it means that you can work on the changes with, say, a 6-iron and it should slide over into your other clubs. Some people make different swings with different clubs.

- Ah, face-on view now... Shoulders have about 18 or 20° of tilt. You want that to be about 5, 10 tops.

- Your head height changes. You go up a little bit and then down quite a bit through the ball. Your left arm is bent at impact because if it wasn't you'd stick the club in the ground a foot behind the ball. Put your head against a wall and practice a few swings - it shouldn't slide around on the wall. The lifting is minor, the dipping is something you'll notice and want to fix.

- I was right about the hip push. More with the hips, less with the left knee, and sooner. You rotate to impact, then your left knee bends out to the ball when it should be straightening.

Now, the important part is that I've just gone through here and listed whatever I found. Please don't work on all of these things at once, and please take my advice as the results of a five-minute study... (apologies - it's nearly time to make Christmas cards with the wife and kiddo).

Things I'd work on:

1) Shoulders at setup. That's key and also relatively easy to fix since you're just standing there (it's a static position, I mean).

2) I'd work on the takeaway to maintain the right-elbow pressure point and not cupping that wrist (with hinging a bit sooner).

3) From there I'd work on a true hip push and not the knee-bend-after-impact. You should feel as if you start springing up from the ground when the club is parallel to the ground _prior_ to impact. Push the hips forward, then spring up to catapult the club into the ball.

I was also quick with those because I'm assuming you have the book or the DVDs, so you can see what I mean - particularly on #3 - in those sources.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for all the input. Book should be delivered anytime (ordered five days ago)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

i second the "why are you choked down to the metal" comment?

not picking or making fun, just curious.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

My knee flex (bend) at address was too severe that day, to compensate, I choked down. Will post an updated video this weekend (weather permitting) after I work on S&T; some more.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

the swing doesn't look too bad. however you need to work on your posture. you're slouched over big time, and this affects alot of your swing. you shouldn't have to worry about too much or too little knee bend and compensating by choking down on the club. get taller at address and try not to slouch, set up is by far the most important element of the pre-swing.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

• Administrator
the swing doesn't look too bad. however you need to work on your posture. you're slouched over big time, and this affects alot of your swing. you shouldn't have to worry about too much or too little knee bend and compensating by choking down on the club. get taller at address and try not to slouch, set up is by far the most important element of the pre-swing.

Stack and Tilt doesn't want a rigid, straight back. I think he already knows he was a little too bent at the knees perhaps, but no, he doesn't want to get much "taller" or "keep his chin up" or "have a straight back."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Stack and Tilt doesn't want a rigid, straight back. I think he already knows he was a little too bent at the knees perhaps, but no, he doesn't want to get much "taller" or "keep his chin up" or "have a straight back."

Erik is right on this - more rounded back/spine than rigid for sure (the position of the arms on the front of the body make this happen naturally unless we disrupt that) with the chin more down than up allows the player to see from their central vision with no strain. uttexas posture actually looks pretty good here.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

UT,

You have got a pretty good move. I have read through the posts and there are certainly many positive things to take away from them.
One thing I did notice was that it seemed like your knees were pinched at address (from face on). Try to get them a little wider/further apart at address and that might help a little with your balance. Try to find some face on pictures of Baddeley when he was a stack 'n tilter.

Remember this: It's all about the delivery of the club to the ball and not so much the form or look of the swing. You don't have to be perfect anywhere but impact.

Keep it up!
Andrew Rice
www.andrewricegolf.com
www.itsallaboutimpact.com

Thanks all for the feedback. DFW might warm up enough this weekend for me to work on it some more.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

• 3 weeks later...

S&T; 1 month in. I see some of the same flaws. Balance is better, ball striking and ball flights more consistent. I've read the book. DVDs on Christmas list.

5 iron then driver

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Your front foot is turning straight with your back one. You want to turn your hips keep your front foot planted and turn your back foot on to the toe. Your basically spinning both feet. Thats very odd, and odd looking. I have never seen someone do that in my life. Do you have a back problem? thats the only way i can see why you would be doing that or a left knee problem. Also you want your front knee flexed and your back leg straight but not locked. You have both knees flexed.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

The front foot spin, I believe, is from having too much weight on the ball of my left (front) foot at impact. That, and several left ankle injuries, including achilles tendon rupture.

The front foot spin is more noticeable when I wear the running shoes. With golf spikes, I'm able to maintain the front foot perpendicular to the impact position.

Johnny Miller had a tendency to turn his front foot toes forward at impact. Scroll down after clicking on the following link to see his foot turn at impact and follow through.
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-l...hnny-miller/8/

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Yea thats why i asked about the injury. I have been using S&Tsince; 2007. Dropped my Handicapp index from mid 2o's to 6 in 2 years since the conversion. Im a huge fan and supporter of the swing. Ive had 2 back surgeries in the last 2 years and i am alot more comfortable with S&T; then with a regular swing. You would think my golf game would have gotten worse but i believe it helped. Stops me from over swinging, makes me keep good posture and slowed my tempo. Whatever works for you. If its dropping your scores keep doing it. Thats my motto. Stick with it and keep practicing. Good luck.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

Thanks, I've been playing better also. Getting more confident with eliminating the left side of the golf course (shots are mostly a push draw, sometimes a slight push).

Yeah, the cupping starts for me at set up. For whatever reason, I address the ball with a really cupped left wrist and maintain that throughout the swing. I'm currently working on my left knee straightening more and hips/gluts thrusting more up at impact. Will get to the wrist cupping issue soon, it'll be a big change for me. Some pros have the same cupping/across the line at the top--Fred Couples is one.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

• 1 year later...

I've had a eureka moment.  Finally figured out the right arm in the backswing.  My thought now is to keep it as straight as possible and to actively push the club away from my body as much as possible during the backswing.  This was counterintuitive for me.  Prior to this, in an attempt to stay connected, I was bunching my right elbow.  Now with this feeling of pushing the club away from my body, my right elbow pushes (force/counterforce) into my torso and looks much more connected.  This is also very dynamic with a pushing away with the arms and a hip bump forward, this really creates the tension that Hogan talked about.  Will post a face on view this weekend.  Wow, looking at those early attempts at S&T; I've come a long way.  Thanks to everyone at the forum and evolvr.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Note: This thread is 4025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!