IGNORED

Getting sick of Tiger re-runs

Big_M
Note: This thread is 5235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, there isn't. At least not when you look at Tour TV ratings with and without him in the field. A few of my friends are "golf fans", just about everyone else I know who watches golf is a "Tiger" fan, as in they might as well just call the sport "Tiger" instead of golf because that's all anyone cares about. The PGA had better do something to make the game more interesting to the cult of personality out there, or else they're in for a world of hurt. And no, "These Guys are Good" isn't it.

obviously... based on this thread, SOME people care about more than Tiger. Golf survived many years w/o Tiger in fact. Sure he has changed the game, changed earning potential for the sport and the pros, but I dare say golf would do fine w/o him... there would simply be an adjustment period. I'm not saying I want Tiger gone... I actually want him back ASAP. I just want to turn on the one channel that is dedicated to golf and find something a little deeper than constant Tiger replays that 90% of serious golfers have already seen numerous times. There are soooo many other great players who I have rarely watched footage of. How about Justin Leonard or Phil's amateurs, how about some Jack, Arnie, and Watson stuff. I know they have rights to some of those videos. Hell, I've even seen them play some real old stuff with Sam Snead and Jimmy Demaret. Also, I could do w/o some of the ways Tiger has changed the way golf is broadcast... when he's 10 back I still see more of his shots than the leaders... come on, but that is neither here nor there and is a little off topic (sorry). Bottom line is this, people who watch the golf channel are mostly pretty serious golf fans, and I am betting that most of them would love to see some of these other guys classic matches rather than Tiger all week, all day, every hour (wish I could add a poll).

Don't they do this every year at this time? It's normally called Tiger Week at the end of December - early January. I thought it had to do with his b-day being on the 28th of Dec. or something. (?)

yeah... I think that is the reason, but they could have changed that in light of the events. Not to mention, even if Tiger hadn't gotten in trouble, a whole week of him gets pretty boring when they do it EVERY year and sometimes twice a year.

The channel needs to come up with more original programming and they need to show a little more variety... because the formula they are using doesn't work for me... and I'm guessing there's a few others out there who agree at least to a point with me.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Something like what they did with The Duel in the Sun... I had never seen that tournament coverage... Even though I think the show was only 30 minutes long it was nice to see Nicklaus and Watson going head to head.

I consider myself a serious golf fan, I enjoy watching Tiger, but I'd be watching a "Golf Channel Classic" if it's Tiger or someone else... I watched Nelson vs. Littler at Pine Valley a week or so ago on SWWoG, that was genius

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

No, there isn't. At least not when you look at Tour TV ratings with and without him in the field. A few of my friends are "golf fans", just about everyone else I know who watches golf is a "Tiger" fan, as in they might as well just call the sport "Tiger" instead of golf because that's all anyone cares about. The PGA had better do something to make the game more interesting to the cult of personality out there, or else they're in for a world of hurt. And no, "These Guys are Good" isn't it.

Golf is bigger than any one man, even him. It survived for decades without him, and will after he's done. Since I'm not a TV/Golf channel exec, I don't see a problem with weeding out the Tiger only fans from true golf fans.

So, you're sick of seeing the same thing, over and over and over again? The thrill is gone, and now it's routine and even boring?

NOW YOU KNOW HOW TIGER FELT!

j/k - I take iacas' strategy and just dont watch golf channel.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

i love tiger. give me more. i think the golf channel should be changed to the tiger channel. im serious. i have almost zero interest when tiger isnt in a tournament.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree with the Shell's Wonderful World of Golf. My friend said he saw the 1962 battle between Gene Littler and Byron Nelson at Pine Valley, and he said the course looked ridiculously hard. I really like watching Freddie duke it out with some guys like Greg Norman, or Tom Watson, etc.

Damn....I was sick of the Tiger re-runs before all the friggin hoop-la.

How bout showing the 2009 British Open re run??!! I would love to see that one! Damn...never been glued to the "idiot box" like I was that day.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Tell me about it! But it seems like TGC does this at the beginning of every year, I don't think it's because of Tiger's recent news.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

They are only doing this because it is his B-Day week. They do this every year. It has nothing to do with off season, him being indefinitely out, or anything else.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!