IGNORED

Tees for the New Season

Note: This thread is 5230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are y'all looking to use this year off the tee for low-friction ball support? In the past I have only used the traditional wood tees but am now thinking of changing over to the Zero Friction tee. And admittedly I don't know much about the various incarnations of brush tees that are out there, but I do find the 3-wood sized editions to have at least some potential (theoretical) merit.

Are any of you planning to start/or stop using these enthusiast tee designs?
Tools: Vector 370cc 9° w/GD YS-6 (S) @ 46" or SnakeEyes Elasteel 230cc 10° w/UST ProForce 65 (R) @ 46" / 3W: SnakeEyes Elasteel w/UST ProForce 75 (R) / UW: Dynacraft HyperSteel 16° w/Mercury Pro-Kevlar (R) / 4W-7W: Dynacraft LCG 16°-24° w/Rifle Ti-Bore (R) / 5i-Pw: GolfSmith Elasteel cavity...

I have always used traditional wood tees, the wood color ones, maybe white if I'm feeling crazy. I will continue to do so.

My brother-in-law on the other hand loves his brush tees... he also probably could not break 100 if you held a gun to his head.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Dr.J uses brush tees...
i happen to love them... only when they are brand new... when they start wearing out they get super frustrating... but it always gives you a consistent tee height...
zero friction tees are great... i have a bunch of them in my bag... i use those on par3's... the only draw back on those is they are pretty frikken sharp and bend really easily on hard/frozen ground...
i also have literally hundreds of regular wooden tees... depending on the conditions i might break a few out on really windy days to tee the ball farther down... etc
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I have been using the Epoch no friction tees for the last 2 seasons and have lost more than I have broken.I use 2 kinds the 31/8 and 23/4 inch and keep them in separate colors.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I have been using the Epoch no friction tees for the last 2 seasons and have lost more than I have broken.I use 2 kinds the 31/8 and 23/4 inch and keep them in separate colors.

I use the Epoch as well; I like them better than the Zero Friction because they are more sturdy when putting them in the ground. I have broken maybe 5 of them in 2 seasons.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I like the Pride Golf Tees .

I started using them late in the year after i found some i bought in April and used them in the state championship when i had some of my best driving rounds, so it was a little superstitious. Plus, i like the consistent height the colors give you. FWIW, i use the yellow ones.

I used to use the Zero-Friction tees right after they came out because they were (almost) as cheap as wooden ones, but up north here the ground gets too hard by September and they start bending and just annoying. Plus, i've cut my finger a couple times reaching in my pocket. Actually, once i fell down and cut up my thigh because i landed on them. Them's dangerous.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just use the typical wooden tee's. I really don't think friction makes much of a difference. It's not like it's gonna do anything to your scorecard or ultimately change your distance(very much, at least) off the tee.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I just use the typical wooden tee's. I really don't think friction makes much of a difference. It's not like it's gonna do anything to your scorecard or ultimately change your distance(very much, at least) off the tee.

I agree in terms of performance; I just like the Epoch because they last forever, and they end up saving money in the long run.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Ive been thinking about getting those because I could probably go through 6 months with just one pack of these. Do they break?

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I have been using Stingers for my drives and have some pretty good results! On a windy day, its tough to keep the ball on the tee though! :)

Taylormade BSF 2.0 9.5° Driver

2011 Burner 3 Wood

2007 Burner TP 5 Wood
Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 Irons
09 Spin Milled Vokeys- 46°, 52°, 58° Wedges CG-14 60° Wedge Odyssey Black Series i #1 Putter

I use hybrid version of the Epoch tee for par 3's and when I tee off with a 3 or 5 wood, I use the Zero Friction with the driver. The ZF hybrid tee's break to easy with irons and the Epoch regular tee's are too fat to get in the ground, so I mix and match....

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Wood tees. The cheaper the better.

Anyone who's having issues because of the tee they're using, has issues that changing tees won't resolve!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I started using Stinger 2 3/4" tees this past year. Not sure they add to my driving distance as I also got a new driver before the year. I do know they got into the head of my regular playing partner and he now uses them as well. Looking to get some of the 3" Pro's this year - they have smaller heads than the 2 3/4" XL's.
IN MY BAG:
Driver - FT-5 9* Aldila MOI Proto S-flex
3W - 200 Steel Fujikura Speeder 757 S-flex
Hybrid - 22* Burner Rescue Aldila NV Hybrid S-flex
Irons - 4-PW 755 TriSpec S-flexWedges - X-Tour Vintage SW 588 gunmetal LWPutter - Natalie 34"Ball - TP Red

Those Stinger tees are great, except on those days where you get really frustrated and can't get the ball to stay on them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I like the

The low friction is one of those science class things - LF tees do allow the ball to travel farther, but it is enough to be worthwhile for the average golfer?

Uniform height had some merit, until changes in wooden tees. Now, several companies make wooden tees with color rings around the base. Second ring from bottom seems to be best height for my driver. LF brush tees worked OK for a round in the spring, but they were hard to tee up in summer hard ground. Tired 'em, but no thanks.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Forget buying tees. I get my tees from all the lazy people who leave them behind when they're done on the range.

-Kevin
In the Nike Pro Tour Combo Bag:
907 D2 9.5*
906F2 18* 5W
585H 21* 3 Hybrid 735.CM 4-PW 51.06 MP-T & 56.13 MP-T White Hot #1

I tried the zero friction tees for a bit...I don't think it matters much. The zero friction claw tees seem to curll up at the claws after a few hits and make teeing the ball a real "production". I just buy a back of standard 2 3/4 at wally mart for like 4 buck for 250 of them. I think all the stinger and claw tees are BS unless you are Iron Byron and making perfect contact every time.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Note: This thread is 5230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!