IGNORED

2010 Canadian Olympic Hockey Team

apex53
Note: This thread is 5170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The goaltending for the USA was solid, but you cant discount the defense. They did a good job of clearing the puck out and limiting Canada's scoring opportunities. Not to mention the offense took advantage of opportunities and made Canada pay dearly for their mistakes.
IMO, Canada believed too much of their own hype and thought the the gold medal was a lock for them.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goaltending for the USA was solid, but you cant discount the defense. They did a good job of clearing the puck out and limiting Canada's scoring opportunities. Not to mention the offense took advantage of opportunities and made Canada pay dearly for their mistakes.

I think the goaltending debate begins and ends with 2 bonehead plays by Marty Brodeur that led directly to goals, whereas Miller allowed hid defensemen to do their jobs. Miller played solidly, making 39 saves - and many key ones in the final 5 minutes. Canada may still have lost the game with Luongo or Fleury in net, but Brodeur spotting the US 2 easy goals was a factor.

PS. It's a couple TV stations (TSN, Sportsnet, and the Don Cherry network) brainwashing the Canadian hockey fan who doesn't really know their a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to the NHL and all it's players (let alone the KHL). Do you know how many people I've talked to this week who probably couldn't name 5 players on the US, Swedish or Russian teams? Combined!!! The average Canadian has no idea how good the rest of the world is at hockey, but the Canadian players, coaches, and management know it though - they're never spoken in absolutes when speaking of their chances.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Canada got off to a rough start in Salt Lake City in 2002 too, and then went on to win gold. Looking forward to the hockey over the next 6 days.

Yeah... it's way too early to count them out. I was sooo glad Yzerman carried himself better than Gretzky in Salt Lake. Gretzky is great and all, but he acted like a little baby in Salt Lake... made me sick watching it.

Regardless, the US will cruise to the semi-finals where as the Canadians,

That's going to be a hell of a game... definately worth missing work. Also, I think NBC Olympic website might have a live feed if you must work.

It's not directly related, but I saw my first ever live Ice Hockey game the other day (UK)... It was effectively the lower of the 2 main leagues here in the UK, and I watched the Swindon Wildcats vs Slough Jets so I expect the standard was well below what you're used to.

yeah... 15-20 minute break is to resurface the ice... which gets pretty chewed up. My 2 cents, but hockey is by far the most exciting team sport to watch... very fast paced and not full of stopages in play. In football and basketball (especially at the end) you have constant stopping of play with commercials. In hockey most commercials are between periods, so if you have a DVR you can watch a hockey game in about 75-80 minutes... and you don't have to FF all the time, mostly just between periods and 1-2 commercials per period. I am biased, but hockey is about the only sport I really follow on TV other than golf.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

How in the wide world of sports does a puck go through the net and the net not have a hole in it? I've watched hockey for 35 years and never seen that before. That was a freaking blow gun by Weber. Wow!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

How in the wide world of sports does a puck go through the net and the net not have a hole in it? I've watched hockey for 35 years and never seen that before. That was a freaking blow gun by Weber. Wow!

That was crazy; so clean through that no one really noticed until the stop in play.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

That was crazy; so clean through that no one really noticed until the stop in play.

I've joked at times about a shot blowing the back of the net out and damned if that one didn't...

Looking forward to the games tomorrow

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

It's a couple TV stations (TSN, Sportsnet, and the Don Cherry network) brainwashing the Canadian hockey fan who doesn't really know their a$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to the NHL and all it's players (let alone the KHL). Do you know how many people I've talked to this week who probably couldn't name 5 players on the US, Swedish or Russian teams? Combined!!! The average Canadian has no idea how good the rest of the world is at hockey, but the Canadian players, coaches, and management know it though - they're never spoken in absolutes when speaking of their chances.

Some pretty harsh words in that blanket statement don't you think? Try to empathize if you can, a nation which loves a sport. That love for a particular sport, drives them to invest for the future, promoting grassroots activities to professional careers. So when they lose, one can imagine the disappointment. As for Canadians, they do love their hockey and going into the Olympics they had great expectations. There are those who watch the occasional hockey game Saturday night, catch 2 minutes of Coach's Corner with Ron MacLean and Don Cherry and take if for gospel. Then there are those who know hockey and understand the game internationally is growing leaps and bounds. If that wasn't the case, Sunday's Canada vs. USA hockey match tickets would not be selling for $2000 a piece. Given that it is the Olympics, the Canadian public naturally will cheer for their team as I imagine Americans cheer for it's athletes. While it's true that we expect to win in hockey, I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that we somehow we were foolish enough to guarantee a win? Perhaps I missed something.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

Some pretty harsh words in that blanket statement don't you think?

I'm a Canadian who was responding to a blanket statement made by an American about the national team - my comments about marginal hockey fans who know nothing about non-Canadian hockey players is 100% true. I know and work with a lot of very knowledgable hockey fans - they do well in pools and were very nervous about playing both the US and the Swiss. I suspect you're not one of the hockey fans I was talking about - based on your own description of a marginal fan. Good for you.

I've read and watched a lot of hockey pundits in this country in the past 24 months - they too have spoken so many times about how "we" should expect to win. That's great, except they're not playing and neither are we. Hope for the 23 men sent to represent us, but be sure to smell the coffee. Canada may have more top players - a deeper pool - but only a small fraction of the very best players in the world. It's up for grabs - no sure things - to "expect" implies certainty. I hope Canada wins. I'm also tired of quasi-fans. People will somehow be disgusted at the players representing Canada if they don't dispose of the weak Russians and Swedes. They're already sure the sky is falling because the US game wasn't a red and white blowout.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Wow. 7-3 Canada.

Great energy to that game. Physical, gritty Canadian style hockey. What surprised me was how effectively Canada clogged the neutral zone and defended the blue line, giving the Russians everything on the boards and then taking it away. This nullified the Russian attack. Afinogenov's goal was a result of a superb pass by Kovalchuck who threaded the puck past two Canadians behind the defenceman, other than that, there was little the Russians could do strategically.

Luongo took a page from Ryan Miller not trying to do too much, stopping pucks, then trusting the rest to his defenceman. Jonathan Toews, although not on the scoresheet played very well setting up two crucial goals.

Looking forward to the semi-finals.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

What a game tonight. I was criticizing Babcock for line juggling earlier, but he seemed to nail it tonight, and the Canadian team looked so well prepared. My guess is that has a lot to do with the work of Ken Hitchock.

Great intensity and smart hockey by the Canadians. Go figure, a 7-3 game and both Crosby and Ovechkin are held off the score sheet.

Looking forward to Friday night now!!!

The canadians are crazy with thier sticks..
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I've never been so excited for a hockey final four...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Just outstanding... I stayed up late last night to watch Slovokia vs Sweden... What a great tournament so far... Can we get lucky and have a USA vs Canada gold medal game?

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

would love to see USA and Canada again, although I feel that the Canadians would get the better of USA next time around.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

would love to see USA and Canada again, although I feel that the Canadians would get the better of USA next time around.

If the Canadians play like they play tonight, they won't be winning Gold. That was a weak finish by the Canadians. If it were not for the glove of Luongo, the Canadians would have been playing for Bronze Saturday. WEAK! I'd imagine that Babcock is giving them an earful after leading by 3 goals going into the 3rd period. I am passionately pissed off at the Men's hockey team.

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°

As long as the US doesn't put Tim Thomas in goal they should do alright.

totally agree. ryan miller is nasty, and im a bruins fan.

they honestly should just keep tuukka rask in all the time and usa is gonna rock the canadians. can you say OVERRATED

Note: This thread is 5170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!