• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zack

golf glove under arm pit question...

28 posts in this topic

Can this be used as a training aid for every club? I am working on a few things with my swing and would like to incorporate this in as well. Thanks!

Zack

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Yep any club, and either armpit actually!

Depends what your working on which armpit to use. Sometimes use both armpits.
Jim

What are you working on when you have the gloves in the different armpits?

Keeping your arms connected to your torso, which will keep you on plane, and accuracy will be so much better.

As a right-hander, I have only performed this drill with a glove in my right armpit. When would I put a glove under my left armpit or in both at the same time?

Cool, I will start to use this method than. Thanks for the replies.

and when you're on the course, sometimes just imagining something under your armpit can help you stay connected.

Should the glove come out of the armpit towards the end of the swing? Or should it stay in the armpit throughout the entire swing?

It will come out shortly after impact, which is fine, its impossible to keep it under your left arm pit through the whole follow through. Well not impossible but you sure look funny trying to keep it in there.

Oh and on course, if you feel disconnected, just tuck part of your shirt under your armpit and try to keep that shirt tucked in there through the swing, it definitely helps get your swing back on track.

Jim

It will come out shortly after impact, which is fine, its impossible to keep it under your left arm pit through the whole follow through. Well not impossible but you sure look funny trying to keep it in there.

Ok, I was going to just try and keep the glove under my right arm pit. Does it matter which arm really? Right or left? I am right handed.

Ok, I was going to just try and keep the glove under my right arm pit. Does it matter which arm really? Right or left? I am right handed.

It doesn't matter.

I saw a Pro on the Golf Channel that just pulls his shirt up under the armpits instead of putting a glove in there. It is the same effect in that you are aware of the connection between the arms and torso.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're right handed wouldn't it make sense to have it under your right armpit. I thought you did this to cure the chicken wing. To keep that right elbow from flying out.

Hi everyone, newbee here. I'm really confused about this post. I can understand why you would want a glove under the left arm (for rightees), actually I saw a video of VJ using it. But why would you want one under the right? For a full backswing don't you want your hands as far as possible from your right ear? If so the glove would fall out because the upper right arm moves away from the torso.

Thanks,
Wali

I agree with Wali, there shouldnt be a reason for a righty to have the glove under their right arm, how can you even keep that in place once you more than halfway through the backswing?

When im with my coach he has the glove under my left arm to keep me from trying to start my downswing with my arms and instead keep them connected to my torso and to start the swing from the hips upwards and not relase my arms until about half way down.

Hi everyone, newbee here. I'm really confused about this post. I can understand why you would want a glove under the left arm (for rightees), actually I saw a video of VJ using it. But why would you want one under the right? For a full backswing don't you want your hands as far as possible from your right ear? If so the glove would fall out because the upper right arm moves away from the torso.

Both ways have it's benefits. For a right-hander, putting it under the left armpit helps to keep the torso and arms connected whereas putting it under the right armpit helps prevent a chicken wing in the backswing.