IGNORED

Do you hit a bucket before.......

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 6456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you hit balls before you play?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Teeing off? I do if I'm not in a hurry but here of late I have just swung a couple of clubs for a min. or two and step up to the first tee!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I try to if I have the time. A little 0 hole muni that I play quite a bit does not hav e a driving range so I just put for about 10 minutes on the practive green. Alot of the time I don't have any extra time, I work till about 11:00pm fairly regularly and try to play at about 7:30am so the sleep is fairly precious to me. Also right now it is so blasted hot and humid that I hate to waste too much energy.

Always. If I don't have time, it is usually OK but I like to at least hit some shots and get the muscle memory woken up.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the hot and humid thing is everywhere. I can hardly do 18 holes with a cart and I use to walk the courses and think nothing of it.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I always do. I make sure to get to where I am playing at least an hour and a half before tee time. I hit a handful of wedges and then a few 7 irons and then I play the first 9 holes on the range. By play the first 9 holes, I mean go through the holes one at a time hitting the clubs I will be using. So if the first is a driver 9 iron, I hit driver 9 iron, if the second is a 6 iron par 3, I hit a 6 iron and so on through the full 9 holes. If I mishit one, I'll play a little pitch or chip depending on how badly I mishit it. All up it takes me less thirty minutes to do. Then I go chip/pitch for 20 minutes, hit a few bunker shots for 10 minutes, then I putt for 20 minutes. Then it's time to go play. I have done this for more than 20 years, it's just what I do!

Sometimes I will play at a course where they have no practice facilities, on those days I will call in at my local course and hit balls for an hour or so and then drive to where I am going. If I am staying away from home, I always do my best to warm up beforehand, most times it's possible, if not I just deal with it.

We have some great practise facilities at my club, so I always hit some balls to warm up.

I need to get my warm up a bit more structured.

At the moment I usually go and hit about 15-20 7 irons, then I'll hit a few half and full wedges then move to the chipping green and hit some chips with 8 iron, PW, GW and SW. Then off the the putting green for 20 minutes just to get the feel and finish off with a few straight uphill 3 footers - hole 10 in a row and I'm ready.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I usually go to my course without a game set-up and just practice until one of my friends shows up. Before important rounds I like to hit a lot of balls.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator

I'd like to say that I do, but most often I don't have the time. I work, I leave to go to the golf course, I hit some putts, and then I'm on the tee. I should padd in more time, but part of me just hates hitting range balls.

It's no wonder that I've shot 35 on the back nine at my course several times this year after shooting 39 or 40 on the front.

I added a poll. Let's try to add these when you create the thread, ok?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't and I think its something I need to change in my game. My first few holes are usually my worst and I have scramble the rest of the day to make up those shots. I stretch and putt but need to add more time in before my round to get prepared.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

i chose sometimes.

lately ive been warming up a bit before a round. usually 60ish balls.

ive only been warming up because lately my back has been stiff and i play better if i loosen up before the round (obviously)

once i get over this injury i wont warm up before... its time consuming and it never really helped me before.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

On the weekends, I usually get there early enough to hit about half a bucket on the range, the other half at the chipping area and then go to the practice green for 10 or 15 minutes before I go to the tee.

During the week, I usually jump out of my car, run to the first tee and make a few practice swings with the driver or 3 iron, depending on how I plan to play the 1st hole that day...then hit away.

I suffer from the same disease as iacas...I always play better on the back which at my home course is the harder of the two nines... I have thought about playing the back nine and then starting my round over at #1, just to see if playing a practice nine before the real thing helped.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I have to warm up before I play. If I don't have a chance to get some heat into my shoulders, I can't turn for squat and I really struggle to get going on the course.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

i've only hit a bucket before a round once (and was hitting really well at that), and my round was terrible afterwords... I shant do that again.

even if it was unrelated i'm going to just leave it to karma.

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

If at all possible, I do. But if I have to choose between putting and hitting on the range, I'll take putting every time.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

I have to say at the course by my house they have great range balls. There all new all the time matter of fact.. most of the time I dont just pound balls down the range, I go to the short game area and hit like 30 balls from 60 yards and in.. what I need is a way to get over having the jitters at the first tee..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

always.

titleist 983E 8.5* Graffalloy Prolite stiff
Taylormade rescue mid tp 16* fuji vista pro stiff
hogan apex tour 2/3-E hogan '4' shafts
588 rtg wedges in 51, 56 and 60 degrees
yes c groove emma putterpro v1x

I do when I can, but weekday rounds I usually no time. On weekend rounds I will hit 10-15 balls then chip and putt for a bit then hit another 10-15 with the last 6 alternating wedges and driver. I frequently hit balls after I play. I have noticed that often when you think you are tired it really is just dehydration. You really need more liquids than you are comfortable drinking. Also I accomplish more if I split up the after just like the before, balls, short game, more balls in 30-40 ball segments. I don't know why? Concentration, frustation limitations?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!