IGNORED

Looking for a new putter

Note: This thread is 5200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You could put the tape on the top of the club, where a sight line would be.

You could also secure a rubber chicken to the shaft.... Relevance? ZERO

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Pretty sure that's not legal, no.

From the USGA website-

f. Putter Face Markings Any markings on the face of a putter must not have sharp edges or raised lips. The specifications with regard to roughness, material and markings in the impact area do not apply. Do I interpret this differently?

KZG Gemini 9* Aldila Proto By You
Leyland COPlasma 3wd
Golfsmith Q4 19*
Louisville HyLofter 24*
Wishon 770CFEs w/Nippons
Alpha P2 wedges
Louisville EWP putter

From the USGA website-

I believe this is in regards to inserts on the putter face.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

• Administrator
Do I interpret this differently?

In a word, yes.

And no, it's not up to the committee. The section you quoted pertains to grooves and things on putter faces. The section I quoted prevents you from putting tape on the face. You can have grooves on your driver, but you can't put tape on it either.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has anyone tried the new Nike Method putters yet? I'm not even sure if they're out in retail stores at this point but they look promising.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Mizuno Bettinardi BC series. You can pick them up cheap since Mizzy and Bettinardi separated, they look great and have great feel. I picked up a BC7 and have been putting with it at an indoor facility. My distance control has been really good. Hoping the same will happen when the weather breaks.

Note: This thread is 5200 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!