IGNORED

For all you low handicappers

Note: This thread is 5207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never said the course I play is real long. But on my home course... average 17 GIR.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

so does that mean you're a +4 everywhere else or...just there ;)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Never said the course I play is real long. But on my home course... average 17 GIR.

You could place my ball in the middle of every green (18 holes per round) and I still don't think I'd be a +4.

Maybe scratch.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

LOL you guys are funny. For 2009 I played 29 rounds. (starting seriously and kept track since August) so 29 rounds in 5 months. I averaged 44% FIR, but my GIR was only 21%. I think that is the void between a mid and low handicap. I do scramble a lot, but my up/down percentage was also only about 25-30 if I remember correctly.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly, I feel I have the ability to break par on any golf course I play. I hit the ball very straight, and I have a decent short game, and when my putting is real good, I can go real low. At the high levels of golf, the difference between making cuts and money and spinning your wheels is a few putts per round. A lip out here, and a missed three footer there will send you home in a hurry.

yeh I'm with ya...let's call out the san antonio dude with a +4 who hits 17 greens...total dickweed! WTF is he on tour?

We can all be "dick weeds once in a while, and you have to admit, it can be fun to mess with someone. As for the being on tour .... I'd love to play on the mini-tours. All it takes is $2000 wk or more to travel and play and pay some home expenses. Wanna sponsor me?

BTW - on long hard courses I will average 15 GIR - still about 80% - any when you play tournaments, sometimes you are aiming to miss the green in a certain spot because two putting from the wrong part of the green is next to impossible.

My swing thoughts:

- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

i'm sure theres still a few ppl, including myself, calling bs...sorry moe

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

gonna take a lot more than not believing me to get me offended. No worries.

My swing thoughts:

. . . sometimes you are aiming to miss the green in a certain spot because two putting from the wrong part of the green is next to impossible.

I put a scorecard on my bulletin board at work that reminds me of that fact - one of my last rounds of '09 (a quasi-respectable 81).

On the front 9, I hit 6 greens and shot a 43 . If there was a bad place to putt from, I hit there. I had more than one three putt and even had a 4-putt. On the back 9, I was one over (37) even though I only only hit one green. (6 pars, 2 bogeys, and one birdie). I took a 3-putt bogey on the only green I hit. On the other 8 holes, my misses all ended up in the best place to chip from. My goal for 2010 is to hit (or miss) the green in the right spot - not just to aim for the middle or the flag.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Since Boeing777 is an 18 handicap, my suggestion would be to work on tee shots. Don't have to hit every fairway, but make sure you don't get into trouble. If you're not OB, wet, or behind a tree, your chances of double bogey go way down.

Also practice your 5-10 ft putts. If you feel you can make those some of the time, you never feel out of a hole and start trying career shots even if you are in trouble. It also reduces 3 putts.

gonna take a lot more than not believing me to get me offended. No worries.

No No, Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I was just gonna say I find it almost impossible to think that no one would sponsor a person who is a +4 handi...for the simple fact a friend from HS who just got through Q school is sponsored by Titleist...obviously not like a tour pro, but he gets apparel from them as well as his bag...he has a partial sponsor by bridgestone for his clubs....It's not THAT hard to find a sponsor, or a partial sponsor if you have the game and have initiative and are pro-active. In no way was it meant to be offensive...My apologies

The problem for a guy like me is getting noticed. I did not play in HS, I did not play in college, I don't play many tournaments, and because I don't belong to a exclusive country club, I don't have members that are willing to back me. In this economy, it is actually harder than you think to find sponsors. To get club sponsorship, you have get to know the reps. Again, because of my age, and my lack of actual tournament time, most reps are unwilling to go out on a limb for someone that is not in the business (that is how most of the older guys without experience get club deals... they know the reps from pro shop work.)

On top of that, golf is not more important than my wife and daughter. If I was alone, I would be more than willing to live in a van down by the river to have a chance to play for a living. So, although I enjoy competing when I get the chance, I know my family is more important.

My swing thoughts:

Practicing from the hole backward to 50 yards.

Putting
Chipping
Pitching

Putts below 30 per round
improve your up and down to 60% or better per round.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I no not all courses are the same, but if you miss the fair way at my course your DOOMED. There's woods on both sides of the fairway, or there's water on one side and woods on the other. So for someone like me, my toughest game is the tee box. Your room for error is slim, for me. For others the teebox is no big deal. But if you hit it in the woods, well I'm either sitting on the box hitting 3 or taken a drop because it's behing some tree. And i'm still a long way to the green. A friend told me to keep chipping. And i'm like well i just knocked the ball in the woods twice so thats 5 and i'm still standing on the tee box. Guess i still need to keep practicing my chipping.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

everything in moderation and pending who you are and what kinda game you got...practice different things. If you OBVIOUSLY can't get off the tee I'm not gonna advise you to chip...that's like sayin if the doorbells busted i'ma have you look at the fuse box instead...

FYI:
People think they have to hit it a lot better than they really do.
If you only hit 6 greens per round and made 1 birdie and got it up and down 25% of the missed greens, barring any blow up holes - you will shoot 79. Obviously, if you hit more greens or get it up and down more frequently this number will go down.
The whole point to this illustration is it is about golf game not golf swing. Fewer misses and better short game management is the key to lower scores.

FYI:

so THAT'S what i'm doing wrong...

I wish it were that easy Teacher...as do many I'm sure lol...was just a joke

Note: This thread is 5207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!