IGNORED

Ping g15

jurban05
Note: This thread is 4333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First thing I noticed was the colr, second was the 9.5 and third was lack of serial number also. As far as people not registering they're clubs. You spend tons of money on a club they are individual numbered and the web site makes it easy to do it. Why the heck would'nt you do it, Heck I have every serial number in my Palm on hand at all times. Maybe I am a freak but it works for me :) I LOVE PING

Driver Ping G10 10.5 degree
3w Ping G10 14 degree
Hybrid Ping G10 15 degree
Hybrid Ping G10 18 degree
Irons Ping G10 4-W SW Ping Eye 2Wedges Ping Tour-W 52 & 60 degreePutter Taylor Made Rossa Inza

• 2 years later...
When in doubt, find a high-ish resolution picture of the real thing online and compare to that. [img]http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/1911699/26058453/0/1338083012/Ping_G15_Golf_Driver_Clubs.jpg[/img] (This is another home-taken image, but I compared it to official images and it's very similar. I chose it because it was the best resolution I could find in a quick search.) Not even close. [list] [*] The font for "G15" is slightly wrong. (Too thin.) [*] There's a missing black border around the "G15" test. [*] The orange color should be red. [*] The black paint at the base of the hosel is the wrong shape. [*] Missing serial number where it should be at the tail end of the club. [*] etc? [/list] A lot of fakes can be spotted via this test. But if you're still in doubt after a careful comparison to an image, you can take a club to a local golf store and see if they have any clubs in the store of the same model. Most stores should have popular clubs at least on the used rack or the demo rack even if they're not being sold new any more. You can compare the suspect club to the real thing in person there, and test things beyond just the visual like weight, feel, and sound when you flick the face. Even that's not a guarantee, but it should rule out the majority of fakes at that point. If it's fake and matches those tests, it's one of the much better ones.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Hate that yur bud got burned....but I bought a "Tom Mann Burner" ( bubble shaft copy) for $40, close to 15 years ago and it is the best club in my bag !  So there are some good fake clubs, just don't want to pay the brand name $ for them.

Note: This thread is 4333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!