IGNORED

What was your turning point? Or was there one?

Note: This thread is 5185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can think of 2 for me. The first was knowing the distances I could get with all of my clubs with a full swing. The second and in my mind the most important was getting a short game.

IMO course management is the most important, but the one most of us practice the least. It will really make a difference when you play to your strengths and can save a round when you are having a "off" day.

Golf can be a very strange and elucive game, so expect your scores to fluxuate, drastically at times.

This is when you should really work on a good golf swing cuz most everything is related to that in one way or the other.

Mine were getting my first adult set of irons my mizunos and then getting lessons that winter. Then I started going from 100s for 18 to 90s
Then i got bigger and stronger over that winter started getting mid 80s and the odd 70s. In fact over this winter when i was still October and quite warm I hit 69 on the winter course which is a very short version of an already quite short course

i started out shooting in the low 100s last year but worked really hard with the pro at my golf club and spent about a month last summer playing 36 holes a day. i now shoot in the low/mid 80s. it was a slow process, i could see that i was getting a lot better but would always hit on of those shots that ruined my scorecard. over that month i dropped ten strokes due to all the practice i had done (especially on the short game) and now i'm able to shoot those scores even if i only practice once a week (i haven't played an actual round for about 3 months due to snow)

My epiphany came when I abandoned swing thoughts after finding a simple way to totally automate my swing. Once you know what it is you will see it in Hogan's and other pros' swings. Otherwise it's invisible. It's in Five Lessons page 71/74 in CAPS you can't miss it.

I don´t remember exactly when and how it happened, but somehow I realized at one point that practice should be prioritized from the hole to the tee. Somehow I soon dropped to SD and been there since.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

Note: This thread is 5185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!