IGNORED

Good Carry Bag

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a cart bag and a pull cart after i asked my golf coach if they were legal and he said yes. Today i walk into his room to put my clubs up after iur match monday and found out the opponents had said something and i now have to get a carry bag. so i am looking for one that has sotrage but is not super heavy. Also something not too expensive since i will use this for golf practice and matches only.
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

The Sun Mountain Four-5 is a really nice carry bag.

I've seen them in tons of different color combinations (may match you school colors).

Sucks that you were misinformed and now have to tack on another expense.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Dub is right about the Sun Mountain Four-5 being a great bag but it is expensive ($175) and you said you didn't want to spend too much. Go to Overstock.com. They have a ton of carry bags under $100 including Callaway and Tour Edge.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Probably more than you want to spend, but I think Ping makes the best carry/stand bags. It's the only bag I've used for more than 10 years. This one is their lightest bag ever, so would be good for carrying:

I agree that Ping stand bags are amongst the best - practical, durable, very comfortable and light, but a bit pricey. I have also used a couple of Ogio bags - the Grom was packed full of features but was a bit on the heavy side, whilst the Vaporlite I'm currently using doesn't have as many features / pockets, but is feather-weight. Much of it will depend on how much or how little gear you expect to lug around the course. If you're somebody who needs to carry a couple of dozen balls, rain gear, big water bottle etc, then you're going to need something pretty heavy duty!
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Best carry bag made right now. Not too heavy and has plenty of good storage areas. http://www.ogio.com/product.php?product=170

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

Guys, I have the Four-5 and might be getting a Ping Freestyle, so I agree they are great bags, but the OP speciically stated he couldn't spend a lot of money

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I bought my son a Wilson stand/carry bag for $40. It's a decent bag that does everything it needs to do. If you are only going to use it sparingly I wouldn't spend anymore on it than that. You might also be able to find something used cheaper than that, but that's kind of hit or miss, so if you need something today (and it sounds like you do) you can easily find something that will suffice for under $50. I love my bag and the Sun Moutain and Ping bags mentoned are also top of the line, but you pay for the top quality and features.

One thing I want to encourage you to do though is to commit to walking rather than riding on a regular basis. Carts cetrainly have their place in the game, but detract from the overall golfing experience. Golf is a game that is meant to be experienced as well as played. The best way to do that is to actually get out and walk the course. Besides riding makes golf marginally more active than watching TV.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

One thing I want to encourage you to do though is to commit to walking rather than riding on a regular basis. Carts cetrainly have their place in the game, but detract from the overall golfing experience. Golf is a game that is meant to be experienced as well as played. The best way to do that is to actually get out and walk the course. Besides riding makes golf marginally more active than watching TV.

From what I gathered from the OP is that he doesn't ride, he has pull cart, and had a larger bag for that as he doesn't have to carry it. So he's still "experiencing" the game just with a pull cart.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Ogio Bags are cool but they are not the most comfortable on your back and the legs are horrible. Taylormade bags are great, light,great legs and comfortable on your back with good storage. Titleist bags are amazingly comfortable on your back, very light, good legs but the storage is a bit lacking.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

The taylormade purelight stand bag is great and has tons of storage for its weight. Got mine for like 65$ on ebay brand new.

Inside the Purelight stand bag
Driver 09' Tour Burner 10.5*
Wood Diablo edge 3 wood
Hybrids rescue 3 and 4
Irons Burner Plus 5-PWWedges CG15 52* 56* 60*Putter White Hot #1

just got a ping hoofer 2 for FREE this bag has tons of storage and cant wait to try it out
Irons3dx red 5-pw

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!