IGNORED

I'm in the market for a new set of wedges

Note: This thread is 5173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

callaway x-14 wedges are 39.99 at rockbottomgolf.com

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

I replaced my Vokey's with Callaway X-Tour's Vintage Finish
picked them up for $88 CDN each
once you go forged you don't go back

I LOVE them......IMO, twice the wedge the Vokey's ever will be
not as many bounce options, but hey.......90% of guys don't even know what bounce is or whow it works

just my opinion, as you asked for it and I gamed the Vokey's for 3 years
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Third year on my spin-milled Vokey's (54,60). I just traded in some drivers and had nothing really I wanted to buy, so I replaced my wedges with black nickel ones. (to match the irons I will be buying soon)

• 2 weeks later...
Got my new 54° vokey yesterday and went straight to the range....man oh man!!! what a sweet club, never had so much accuracy with my 50-75 yds shots, literally, on the half swing 50 yds ones I had my very first 5 balls shoot in a 1x1 yard area...I have a new favorite in my bag!.

In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5º Regular
Irons: 4-SW Taylor Made Burner, Regular Graphite
Wedges: 60°-08 Titleist Vokey

Fairway Wood: 16º 3W Taylor Made R9 Stiff

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 19° Regular

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

... I ended up going with the Nike SV Tour wedges and have been very happy with what I have seen so far. ...

I tried out the SV Tour wedges, but decided in end to get the CG14 and keep my X-Forged. Not surprised to hear you like them - they hit the ball crisply, but I just liked the CG14 feel better (probably the gel insert).

Also, poster rudygu was kind enough to drop me a line, telling me about his experiences playing SV wedges.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never understood why so many people place such emphasis on spin. Too much spin sucks, period. Spinning a ball back 15 feet was cool the first time I did it….now it just shows lack of control and leads to inconsistency.
I have said this before but if you hit a shot and it spins off the green….well….it was not a good shot. The goal is to get the ball as close to the hole as possible, not to see how much you can get it to spin.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I never understood why so many people place such emphasis on spin. Too much spin sucks, period. Spinning a ball back 15 feet was cool the first time I did it….now it just shows lack of control and leads to inconsistency.

The average Joe gets not much spin just enough to maybe stop the ball with top wedges so they want wedges that spin to stop the ball going off the back of the green

I got the new Mizuno quad cuts.

Pros: heavy head for touch shots, good grooves for spin, 2 or 3 finishes( i have the black ones), variety of lofts, appealing look at address
Hope this review helped,
Garrett

Driver: 909 D3
3 Wood: 909 F3 13
Rescue: 909 17
Irons: AP2 3-PW
Wedges 58 degree and 52 Spin Milled (oil can) Newport 2(custom shop):taylormade: TP Penta 4-Under Golf Bag (Red/White)

I'm a big fan of the Clevelands. Currently have the CG12s which have the most aggressive grooves. The newer CG15s are similar, witht he new sub-par grooves. Pick up the CG12s on sale for $89 now.

No need to go to the Vokeys, though they look nice too.

What's in my bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5
Fairway: Comp 15* Aldila NVS
Hybrids: 19* & 22*Irons: CG2 4-PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*Putter: Studio Design Newport 1.5Ball: One BlackBag: GPS: SG3

Note: This thread is 5173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!