IGNORED

Transitions.....lens. Any good?

Note: This thread is 5153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Never knew such a thing existed until the Transitions PGA event. Guess their title sponsorship money is well spent. That being said I went on their website and I am thinking about getting some Transitions lens. (though I have no idea how expensive they are)

I play golf with glasses. I right now have non sunglasses lens that I play with. With Summer coming I was thinking about getting some prescription sunglasses.

But these seem like they might kill two birds with one stone.

Anybody game these??

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I've had a RX pair for 7 years. I had Lenscrafters put them in a pair of Oakley's. I use to ride motorcycles with them, but now days I only play golf in them. I would highly recomend a pair. Great for golf because if you are in direct sunlite they are darker if you are in the shade or an on and off sunny/cloudy day they'll get lighter or darker. Indoors they are like a regular lens. Only drawback with them is they are not very good for driving. Newer auto's have UV glass so the transition lens doesn't get very dark.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I wear transition sunglasses. I had lasik so they just have regular lens, but I don't like going outside without sunglasses.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Thanks for the replys. I am going to go check them out. The Costco near me carries them. I will report back cost and if purchased experience with them.

FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Definitely recommend them. I have two pair, one with bifocal lenses and one without. I will wear them most of the time for golf unless it is very bright, then I have a pair of prescription Oakleys.

One thing you will notice is they get darker when it colder out. Also, the change to dark is faster than back to light when you go indoors. They do not get dark in your car as Cussin stated, which is the only drawback.

They are great for late day golf as the lighten up when the sun goes down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
Ok I got my Nike glasses with Transitions lens today. So far so good. Picked them up today and hit the range for a dusk session. Now wearing them watching the Masters on TV. I agree for driving (car) in glare not the best because of UV protection in my Suburban's windows. (no sunglass effect) BUT I think these are going to be the perfect glasses to game on the course!!!! Especailly since I play a lot of twilight rounds.

Side note I bought them at Costco and there was really not much of a difference in price. Maybe $15.

Note: This thread is 5153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!