IGNORED

Pro golfers & gyms

RichF
Note: This thread is 5124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Question related to this thread. Does anyone else play sore. I worked hard on my legs friday with the hardest part being dead lifts. My legs and butt were incrediably sore Saturday and I played terrible. I thought it was just the day and went out sunday, the same. I played on Tuesday the first time all season not sore and played the best I have all year yet 4 days later I just played like a dog. Is it an excuse or do you think that part of the body being really torn up have an adverse affect?

Pain or the threat of pain can so a lot of bad things to the body, the mind, and the golf swing. If there is a position that causes pain, or extra soreness, your body will make subconscious decisions to try to stay away from that position.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am an exercise physiologist and I teach Sports Medicine and I can assure you that working out and looking like a bodybuilder do not have to go hand in hand. It is a matter of how you train. It does not benefit these guys to look like Mr. Olympia, but being stronger, leaner, more flexible and more cardiovascularly fit all can and do help the golf game. I spent a lot of time in the gym during the off season and I am looking forward to my return to the course. Last Summer I started getting back in shape and my distance came back quickly. I am now stronger than ever and in the best shape i have been in close to 10 years. I am confident it will carry over to the course.

Interesting post.

I have always been very slight (5'7, 144 at the end of last golf season - I live in Canada) so I made an effort to change that and get in better shape. Not for golf; in fact golf was not even on my mind when I started to train. But because I was tired of being a weak, out-of-shape slob... and looking like it. So I trained hard and ate like a horse for and put on 18 lbs to get up to 162. Now distance wise I have not really noticed a whole lot of difference. Where I have found a major difference is how consistent my swing is. I can play with ball position and know nearly every time what it will do because my swing is consistent. I'm not an expert so I have no way to prove it is because of my weight training, but all I can say is I feel like swinging the club is a lot easier. Just my $0.02 CDN

Driver: TM TP460
3W: TM Burner Superfast

5W: TM Burner Superfast
4-9: TM MC
48: CG14
52: Nike VR

56: CG16

Putter: Ping Gnome

Note: This thread is 5124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!