IGNORED

Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've played the E5's a good bit...I'll have to try the E6's, too. I'm concerned with them not holding the greens as well, though.

I've got several sleeves of Callaway HX Hot balls that I bought on a great sale. I've played them the last two rounds and don't feel real confident in them around the greens. They are great off the tee but some of my full lob wedge shots hit and released a large distance from where my ProV1's used to. They would come in screaming and bite like a rabid dog. I love 'em, but I just don't like paying so much for them.

I'm doing a lot of work on my swing right now and experiencing more errant shots than norm...equating to more lost balls. $$$$ adds up quickly.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Is there a significant difference between the e6 and the e6+? If so, what is it? Every shop I go into has either one or the other, but never both.

The e6+ is the newer ball. More durable than the e6 I believe. I've not seen the old e6 around me in a while. I am useing the e6+ and find that it checks fine for me with the 8i thru SW.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

The e6+ is the newer ball. More durable than the e6 I believe. I've not seen the old e6 around me in a while. I am useing the e6+ and find that it checks fine for me with the 8i thru SW.

Actually, the current version is the e6. The e6+ is the older ball. But I believe there also is an even older ball that was called the e6 (not to be confused with the current e6).

My beloved Pinke Gin:

G15 woods (1, 3, 5, R flex, Nike VR grips)
VR split cavity (3-PW, DG S300)
VR wedges (54-12, 60-6, DG S400) White Hot Tour #1 putter e6 golf balls

Actually, the current version is the e6. The e6+ is the older ball. But I believe there also is an even older ball that was called the e6 (not to be confused with the current e6).

That is exactly right.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I tried the E6 last year. I hit some of the straightest shots Ive ever hit with that ball, but it didnt give me enough spin off of the short irons and wedges. Its a great ball for high handicappers though because it will give you straighter ballflight.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

So, just to be clear: The e6 is the replacement for the e6+ and is not to be confused with the e6 that the e6+ replaced. Got it. Why do I get the feeling that Bridgestone's marketing dept mailed it in that week?

So, just to be clear: The e6 is the replacement for the e6+ and is not to be confused with the e6 that the e6+ replaced. Got it. Why do I get the feeling that Bridgestone's marketing dept mailed it in that week?

Damn it I don't know chit. Maybe I am hitting the new e6 that replaced the e6+ that replaced the e6. It's the newer box with the big 6 on the ball. Now I have to go check!! Yep sure enough I'm playing the new e6....also have one old e6+ left in the bag.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• 1 month later...

What is the difference? I tried searching and couldn't find an answer. Thanks for your help.

Irons: MP 57 with Project X Rifle 6.0 shafts
Driver: Big Bertha 460 (9 degree loft) with UST ProForce 66g V2X Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.14, Spin Milled Black Nickel 60.07, Spin Milled Black Nickel 52.08 (next purchase)
Putter: White Hot XG #6
Ball: TP Red

Not even the Bridgestone website says anything about the '+' series balls.

Wedges: Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.14, Spin Milled Black Nickel 60.07, Spin Milled Black Nickel 52.08 (next purchase)

they used to make all the E series as "E6+". they dropped the "+" after a few seasons and just simplified it down to "e6". same ball, and in my opinion one of the best golf ball many people have never tried. i personally like the e7 the best of the "e-series".

-tim

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Good price too

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I have the e6 and e7s in my bag...Played the e7 and a Pro V1 this past sunday....both balls are VERY nice...e7 with my swing is actually longer...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

OK...thanks. I appreciate the info.

The E6 is the 2010 version (E6+ is 2009 and prior). I believe the ball has been tweaked a bit for this year and has a softer cover now. Great Ball; been playing it for a couple of years.

Snowman0157

Actually first e models had no plus. Next generation added the plus, now the plus has been dropped for a new generation. I believe the changes have been pretty small, marketing is probably the primary factor.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Actually first e models had no plus. Next generation added the plus, now the plus has been dropped for a new generation. I believe the changes have been pretty small, marketing is probably the primary factor.

Correct, pre 2009 were E6 then 2009 E6+, then back to E6 for 2010 with minimal changes (my local shop said that only the box had changed for the 2010 model and that is it)

I still have a box of E6+ to play and won't be worrying that they may be slightly different to the newer E6

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Interesting... Like I'm talking 50% lower ball flight. This wasn't subtle by any means. Just curious...

I game the new E6 from time to time and never notice any dramatic difference. In fact the first time I played them I had the highest and longest drives I've ever hit consistently throughout a round. They didn't "balloon" on my though.

In my Org.14 Xtreme Cart Bag
Driver: G15 10.5* TFC 149D Reg Flex
3 Wood: G15
Hybrid: Diablo Edge 3i
Irons: Diablo Edge 52* and 56* Wedges: CG14 Chrome60* Wedge: CG15 ChromePutter: White Ice SabertoothBall: Assorted

Note: This thread is 5016 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!